Romney's real swipe at gay marriage

You don't pay attention much. I'm an advocate for gay marriage, I just don't think that issue trumps economic issues.

So why are you rooting for Obama? He tried and failed.

You asked JosefK, whome you obviously mistook for me, why he could call himself a Republican and be for a woman's right to choose and gay marriage. I pointed out that if you actually believed in small government, libertarian, pro-business principles, you should have no problem with this. I wasn't having a conversation about Obama's shortcomings.

He tried and brought us back from the cliff Bush drove us over. He didn't do enough, but I don't think Romney will be any better.

What we should have learned from the Bush years is that trickled down doesn't and deregulation is a pretty bad idea. But that is exactly what Romney wants to do more of.

And he's a Mormon. Which is pretty much the end of the discussion for me, as I said.

Last edited:
Forget about Ann. During his RNC speech, Mitt said, “As president, I will protect the sanctity of life,” Romney said. “I will honor the institution of marriage, and I will guarantee America’s first liberty: the freedom of religion.”

Not to mention the fact that the Republican platform calls for a constitutional amendment defining marriage as being between a man and a woman.

Wow that is a radical idea.....marriage between a man and woman, it's only been that way for........4000+ years

You don't pay attention much. I'm an advocate for gay marriage, I just don't think that issue trumps economic issues.

You asked JosefK, whome you obviously mistook for me, why he could call himself a Republican and be for a woman's right to choose and gay marriage. I pointed out that if you actually believed in small government, libertarian, pro-business principles, you should have no problem with this. I wasn't having a conversation about Obama's shortcomings.

He tried and brought us back from the cliff Bush drove us over. He didn't do enough, but I don't think Romney will be any better.

What we should have learned from the Bush years is that trickled down doesn't and deregulation is a pretty bad idea. But that is exactly what Romney wants to do more of.

And he's a Mormon. Which is pretty much the end of the discussion for me, as I said.

Well my phone bill likes deregulation and my cable too, but my home doesnt, so why dont we not deregulate home mortgages, even if it means not as many minorities own homes.
Now killing kids and being for two guys buttfucking isnt awesome....sorry

Forget about Ann. During his RNC speech, Mitt said, “As president, I will protect the sanctity of life,” Romney said. “I will honor the institution of marriage, and I will guarantee America’s first liberty: the freedom of religion.”

Not to mention the fact that the Republican platform calls for a constitutional amendment defining marriage as being between a man and a woman.

Wow that is a radical idea.....marriage between a man and woman, it's only been that way for........4000+ years

Well, no, not really.

Actually, for most of those 4000 years, a father turned over property to a husband.

It was acceptable to beat your wife. She was unable to apply for divorce, her property became your property, and most marriages were arranged by families..

So really, your notion of "Traditional Marriage" is actually a pretty recent invention. And for some people, that model would probably work just fine. But it doesn't work for everyone. Namely those who aren't attracted sexually to the opposite gender.

Well my phone bill likes deregulation and my cable too, but my home doesnt, so why dont we not deregulate home mortgages, even if it means not as many minorities own homes.
Now killing kids and being for two guys buttfucking isnt awesome....sorry

Why is it that homophobes always feel a need to graphically describe gay male sex like they spend a lot of time thinking about it.

You're happy with your cable and phone? I"m not.

Last time I had a problem with my phone, I spent fifteen minutes talking to computers before I got switched to a call center in the Philippines where the operators didn't speak English that well.

Fact is, what killed the mortgage market was not "too many minorities owning homes" (which, by the way, George W. Bush thought was a WONDERFUL thing. He thought it was one of his great accomplishments.) What killed it was that middle class home prices became overpriced because there was too much speculation going on, largely encouraged by the banks and realtors. It wasn't a poor guy getting a house on the West Side that was teh problem, it was a middle class family buying a McMansion in Schaumburg where half the rooms were empty, but they figured they could flip it in five years for a profit.

Well, no, not really.

Actually, for most of those 4000 years, a father turned over property to a husband.

It was acceptable to beat your wife. She was unable to apply for divorce, her property became your property, and most marriages were arranged by families..

So really, your notion of "Traditional Marriage" is actually a pretty recent invention. And for some people, that model would probably work just fine. But it doesn't work for everyone. Namely those who aren't attracted sexually to the opposite gender.

wait I thought there were like 20 genders, as we're finding out.......You forgot children getting married...oh wait that still happens in muslim countries, funny how liberals dont bitch about that one...hmmmmmm

Now men and women have been married forever, yes we dont have the feudal system anymore and while govenrment and economic systems changed, the fact that women and dudes married didnt....because it's common sense and people can do the circle, square test...

I dont know how you can not laugh at this
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3SzLYv9hSQ]Public School Teaches Grade Schoolers There Are Multiple Genders Without Parental Consent - YouTube[/ame]

Well, no, not really.

wait I thought there were like 20 genders, as we're finding out.......You forgot children getting married...oh wait that still happens in muslim countries, funny how liberals dont bitch about that one...hmmmmmm

Now men and women have been married forever, yes we dont have the feudal system anymore and while govenrment and economic systems changed, the fact that women and dudes married didnt....because it's common sense and people can do the circle, square test...

I dont know how you can not laugh at this
]

Ah, you can always tell when a "conservatard" has been caught being ridiculous is when he either says "What about the communists" or "what about the Muslims"... like that's relevent to anything being discussed.

The point is, if you got married off by your family, it wasn't the system you are saying is in so much peril today. It was a system that we got rid of when we came up with the radical idea that people should be able to find a person they loved and marry them for love.

This is really a very new and radical idea, actually. And it's the way it should be.

Allowing gay marriage is just the extension of that.

Considering our divorce rates and the damage done to spouses and children in marriage why is marriage not banned altogether? Come on folks consider Brittany and Kim, are these not ridiculous marriages? Why do we even accept such a ridiculous institution? The Kochs and Waltons have suggested gestation camps where children are raised to work for minimum wage, that's the way to go. Also some have suggested wealth creation children from wealthy parents in private schools where things like the golden rule are rendered taboo. Why have conflicts over equality when we have ways to manage it at the state level and big money will support it. Given the choice few will want to raise kids, they're hard to control and their education and clothing cost too much.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/50615-know-what-really-causes-homosexuality.html

_

Last edited:

Actually that's not been the only kind of marriage. But for a great deal of the time, it was by FORCE....in countries with governments and religions you wouldn't even like. So, tell us...what is it that endangers marriage between man/woman if gay marriage is legalized?

Slavery was around for 3850 years

Huh! 'He had 700 wives, who were princesses, and 300 concubines. And his wives turned away his heart.' Kings 11:3

"And Lamech took two wives. The name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.' Genesis 4:19

'And I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your arms and gave you the house of Israel and of Judah. And if this were too little, I would add to you as much more.' Samuel 12:8

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG804t0WG-c]Dan Savage vs. Brian Brown: The Dinner Table Debate - YouTube[/ame]

Homosexual "marriage" is such an enlightening and refreshing concept............

Its all about the love...........LOL

You're correct regarding the bolded. My mistake, sorry.

Pull the stick out. Democrats really run around trying to be offended, don't you?

Huh! 'He had 700 wives, who were princesses, and 300 concubines. And his wives turned away his heart.' Kings 11:3

"And Lamech took two wives. The name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.' Genesis 4:19

'And I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your arms and gave you the house of Israel and of Judah. And if this were too little, I would add to you as much more.' Samuel 12:8

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG804t0WG-c]Dan Savage vs. Brian Brown: The Dinner Table Debate - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, marriage is between a man and a woman (or many women, biblically), but Lott, the "hero" of the Sodom and Gomorrah tale, can offer his daughters to be raped and then later sleep with those daughters himself and the gays get the "sodomite" label for centuries. That's fucked up.

Yeah, marriage is between a man and a woman (or many women, biblically), but Lott, the "hero" of the Sodom and Gomorrah tale, can offer his daughters to be raped and then later sleep with those daughters himself and the gays get the "sodomite" label for centuries. That's fucked up.

Yet, none of this matters anyway because law is not beholden to religious dogma.

bill cliton signed onto DOMA

Is that what your god taught you?

No. God says a marriage is between a man and a woman, nut sack.

You wandering off - sucking dick - that's your own personal decision.

That help?

God is repulsed by you

Don't you realize that?

this god?

barack-jesus-christ.png

Forum List

Back