Romney's real swipe at gay marriage

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Forget about Ann. During his RNC speech, Mitt said, “As president, I will protect the sanctity of life,” Romney said. “I will honor the institution of marriage, and I will guarantee America’s first liberty: the freedom of religion.”

Not to mention the fact that the Republican platform calls for a constitutional amendment defining marriage as being between a man and a woman.

• Banned
Shocking. A neanderthal who doesn't see that the times are a' changing.

So, ahhh, how many states have VOTED in gay marriage? How many voted against it?

Yea, he is using to cull voters, the republican base for the most part. What did you expect? Him to suddenly declare that he supports a measure that is going to ensure he will not get elected? That is asinine. No matter what you believe on gay marriage, this is exactly what you should have expected from ANY of the republican candidates.

The bigger issue is that this is even something worth mentioning. You do realize that the courts are taking this matter into their own hands, right? Romney is going to have nothing to do with the gay movement, it is going to be handled in the courts and there is nothing that he can do about it.

So, ahhh, how many states have VOTED in gay marriage? How many voted against it?

Yea, he is using to cull voters, the republican base for the most part. What did you expect? Him to suddenly declare that he supports a measure that is going to ensure he will not get elected? That is asinine. No matter what you believe on gay marriage, this is exactly what you should have expected from ANY of the republican candidates.

The bigger issue is that this is even something worth mentioning. You do realize that the courts are taking this matter into their own hands, right? Romney is going to have nothing to do with the gay movement, it is going to be handled in the courts and there is nothing that he can do about it.

Compared to 30 years ago........

• Banned

State laws and Supreme Court decisions don't sway public opinion. ANd public opinion is firmly on the side of gay rights. Thanks for playing.

obama decided to not defend DOMA in the courts. Instead he spent federal funds on suing Arizona, South Carolina, Joe Arpaio and Boeing.

This doesn't mean that the president can do nothing. He has decided to default, which isn't the same thing as nothing.

Compared to 30 years ago........
No, not compared to anything. You don’t want to look at the data without skewing it with nonsense because you don’t like the answer. People simply do not agree that gay marriage is a good thing and they do not want it instituted in government policy. Period.

Will that change in the future? Of course it will. Gay marriage is GOING to happen. We are not talking about the future though. We are talking about a candidate in the HERE AND NOW who hopes to actually get the votes to become president. Take off the rose colored glasses and actually take a look at the world around you, you can effect change more effectively that way.

State laws and Supreme Court decisions don't sway public opinion. ANd public opinion is firmly on the side of gay rights. Thanks for playing.
So, you don’t actually want to answer the question do you. I would guess that your next likely step would have been to pull some random poll out your ass all while ignoring the one all-encompassing poll (and the ONLY one that actually matters) poll and that is what the voters have stated with their votes. I don’t care what some idiot has to say over the phone, it is what people DO that count and they have rejected gay marriage RESOUNDINGLY. Simple as that.

That has nothing to do with who is ‘right’ or where we are going to be in ten years but it is the truth.

He's being honest about his position on gay marriage as compared to Obama who when running for the Illinois Senate was for gay marriage before he started running for a Federal Senate seat and the Presidency when he became against gay marriage before he needed a heavy cash flow from campaign donations to take a stand for gay marriage.

Whew. That gave me a brain cramp typing his positions.

:lol:

So, you don’t actually want to answer the question do you. I would guess that your next likely step would have been to pull some random poll out your ass all while ignoring the one all-encompassing poll (and the ONLY one that actually matters) poll and that is what the voters have stated with their votes. I don’t care what some idiot has to say over the phone, it is what people DO that count and they have rejected gay marriage RESOUNDINGLY. Simple as that.

That has nothing to do with who is ‘right’ or where we are going to be in ten years but it is the truth.

And I don't give a shit about the opinions of bigoted voters. Gay marriage will happen and Romney is putting himself proudly on the losing side along with his party's antiquated platform.

Forget about Ann. During his RNC speech, Mitt said, “As president, I will protect the sanctity of life,” Romney said. “I will honor the institution of marriage, and I will guarantee America’s first liberty: the freedom of religion.”

Not to mention the fact that the Republican platform calls for a constitutional amendment defining marriage as being between a man and a woman.

Interesting how he highlights the freedom of religion but has no problems forcing his religious views on gay marriage on the whole country

Then why has Romney said this?

“When I am President, I will preserve the defense of marriage act and I will fight for a federal amendment defining marriage as a relationship between one man and one woman.”

Interesting how he highlights the freedom of religion but has no problems forcing his religious views on gay marriage on the whole country

His views are God's views.

Don't like it ?

Stick a dick in your mouth.

A constitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman would take ratification of 2/3 of the states. Would 2/3 of the states ratify such an Amendment? If just the states that voted against gay marriage already voted for ratification it would pass. It would pass in states that haven't voted against gay marriage but had it imposed on them.

If it is true that the "vast majority" of people support same sex marriage, then there's no problem whatsoever with putting it up as a Constitutional Amendment.

Forget about Ann.
And damnit... This just kills me too.

You have to take what Ann said in context with everything else. She wasn't saying anything other than her marriage was like anyone else. I mean it's basically the same thing over the Obama thing. Take the one sentence and whoa, by itself it's a different meaning. In context you'd have to be pretty fuck'n stupid not to understand what she was saying.

Unfortunately getting a democrat or republican to see the other sides viewpoint while taking it in context is harder than a wedding dick.

If it is true that the "vast majority" of people support same sex marriage, then there's no problem whatsoever with putting it up as a Constitutional Amendment.
Yes there is... All men are created equal. It's the federal governments job to assure that. By making a law such as this it's not assuring that all men are created equal.

His views are God's views.

Don't like it ?

Stick a dick in your mouth.

Is that what your god taught you?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back