Romney's Racist Ad

Romney is just playing to the base.

Rick Perry, rightfully, stood up for in state tuition for children who had been attending (by Supreme Court Ruling) American schools and graduated from American High Schools. Allowing them to attend college in the state they LIVE IN at the rate of other residents of the state, is really just expanding on the SCOTUS ruling that requires public schools to provide an education to these children.

I do believe that in states that allow this, like Texas, the dropout rate for High School students goes down.

But what happened when Rick Perry actually got something right? His ratings dropped considerably. Romney is watching and learning...xenophobia plays well in Peoria...

Or New Hampshire

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRMGKZTSdcY&feature=player_embedded]Perry protestors don racist outfits - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Nice to see Toby still milking the Bubbas for money.

Somehow, Full Auto, I doubt you supported the Auto Bailout, which kept cars being manufactured in this country.

Really? Did it? How can you prove that? You cant which makes the point assinine.

They should have declared bankruptcy................ What does that mean....

reorganization.

Shhh. He doesn't know that GM moved much of their operations to China.

That's because your statement is a falsehood.

Somehow, Full Auto, I doubt you supported the Auto Bailout, which kept cars being manufactured in this country.

Really? Did it? How can you prove that? You cant which makes the point assinine.

reorganization.

Actually, they've been buying Chinese parts for years, including the ones my company provides them. That wasn't the point. The operation of ASSEMBLING the cars happens here. Even the Japanese companies assemble most of the cars sold here in the US.

But here's the thing, guy. Both parties have advocated this idiocy known as free trade. The one where we are all going to be working for WalMart selling stuff other people make.

In the 1970's, we were the biggest exporter of manufactured good and the biggest importer of raw materials. Today we are the biggest importer of manufactured goods and the biggest exporter of raw materials. By definition, a third world country.

Too bad no one wants to talk about that.

reorganization.

Reorganization is corporate speak for "fire all the union employees and then hire people that they don't have to pay a living wage and benefits to".

Romney was really good at "reorganizing" companies...and shipping the jobs overseas after they were "reorganized".

IF American citizens must pay out of state tuition then people here illegally should be required to do the same.

American citizens who are in state residents are not required to pay out of state tuition. They base requirements for in state tuition not on your citizenship, but on where you live and went to school..there is nothing unfair about that..for an American citizen to get in state tuition they only need to go to school in the state they live in.

Not so with illegals though. They get the proceeds of their parents' criminal act. Why not just start a chairitable organization so that people could donate money to pay the illegals school tuition. I'm sure a lot of well meaning people would donate to the cause. You for instance.

Romney is just playing to the base.

Rick Perry, rightfully, stood up for in state tuition for children who had been attending (by Supreme Court Ruling) American schools and graduated from American High Schools. Allowing them to attend college in the state they LIVE IN at the rate of other residents of the state, is really just expanding on the SCOTUS ruling that requires public schools to provide an education to these children.

I do believe that in states that allow this, like Texas, the dropout rate for High School students goes down.

But what happened when Rick Perry actually got something right? His ratings dropped considerably. Romney is watching and learning...xenophobia plays well in Peoria...

Or New Hampshire

]

Well, to be fair, Perry did a horrible job at explaining his position. (See, I support Perry, but I'm objective. I know when they mess up.)

I don't think that this is a large part of the base. The anti-Immigrant crowd went ape-shit over McCain's efforts, but McCain got the nomination anyway in 2008. I still think Perry will get the nomination in 2012. (I think that the GOP voters are desperately looking for "Not Romney".)

reorganization.

Reorganization is corporate speak for "fire all the union employees and then hire people that they don't have to pay a living wage and benefits to".

Romney was really good at "reorganizing" companies...and shipping the jobs overseas after they were "reorganized".

I agreed at "fire all the union employees". Tell it to Boeing. I hope they get out of the country as soon as possible. Tell it to Gibson Guitars who is being forced by the government to move its manufacturing out of the country.

Bad Romney is back! - PostPartisan - The Washington Post

One of the vast improvements of Mitt Romney’s current presidential campaign over his previous one has been its relative freedom from obvious, cringe-inducing pandering. Until now.

This new campaign video attacking Rick Perry on education benefits for undocumented immigrants represents the return of the bad old Romney.

No one imagines Romney to be an authentic, Tom Tancredo-like, anti-immigration politician. He defended George W. Bush’s 2005 comprehensive immigration reform against conservative charges of “amnesty.” He once said, “I don’t believe in rounding up 11 million people and forcing them at gunpoint from our country,” which qualifies him as an immigration moderate in some Republican circles.

But perhaps most disturbing is the tone of the Romney ad itself. It is not simply an issue-oriented contrast. It uses a statement praising Perry by former Mexican President Vincente Fox as though it were an endorsement by Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The last time I checked, Mexico was an important ally – a country that Romney, if elected president, would need to deal with daily. Fox’s words in the commercial are innocuous – simply thanking Texas and Perry for the education measure they had passed. So why is Fox’s statement supposed to be disturbing or sinister? Because Fox is a foreigner? Because he has a Mexican accent?

I'll go one further than Gerson.

The only way the GOP can win this election, is if they can peal away Hispanic votes from Obama. the only way the GOP survives as anything but a regional party is if it makes inroads with minorities overall.

And here's Romney, playing the race card.

Ridiculous analysis! Romney correctly makes the argument that illegal immigrant children, should have to pay at the same rate of someone from a neighboring state, now qualifies him as a racist?

IF American citizens must pay out of state tuition then people here illegally should be required to do the same.

American citizens who are in state residents are not required to pay out of state tuition. They base requirements for in state tuition not on your citizenship, but on where you live and went to school..there is nothing unfair about that..for an American citizen to get in state tuition they only need to go to school in the state they live in.

Not so with illegals though. They get the proceeds of their parents' criminal act. Why not just start a chairitable organization so that people could donate money to pay the illegals school tuition. I'm sure a lot of well meaning people would donate to the cause. You for instance.

The thing is, we don't punish children for the crimes committed by their parents. At least not in a civilized society.

Now, you can make an argument we are already spending too much on tuitions, given that 1) a lot of people don't need college degrees in their careers and 2) the job market can't absorb the graduates now.

reorganization.

Or more likely, going out of business. I work for a company that provided parts for GM, we knew if the bailout wasn't done, we were. This was the trickle effect, if GM went out of business, tons of other companies were going to have to downsize, too.

GM would have gone out of business if it weren't for the bailout. So would have Chrysler. Chrysler's been "Reorganized" several times in the past few decades, "reorganizing" doesn't cut it.

Out of business? With our government operating on the too big to fail scheme?

While it is possible one or both may have gone out of business, It is unlikely. But if it did others would have stepped in. Way too much money involved for equipment to be left to rust.

reorganization.

Actually, they've been buying Chinese parts for years, including the ones my company provides them. That wasn't the point. The operation of ASSEMBLING the cars happens here. Even the Japanese companies assemble most of the cars sold here in the US.

But here's the thing, guy. Both parties have advocated this idiocy known as free trade. The one where we are all going to be working for WalMart selling stuff other people make.

In the 1970's, we were the biggest exporter of manufactured good and the biggest importer of raw materials. Today we are the biggest importer of manufactured goods and the biggest exporter of raw materials. By definition, a third world country.

Too bad no one wants to talk about that.

I'm there. Let's repeal NAFTA. NAFTA has screwed more children than NAMBLA.

mexico is an important ally?

Well, that's the mistake right there.

Why?

What is so alien about Mexicans that Romney should treat them like the enemy?

Now, I think Perry explained the policy badly. The courts have ruled that the states are required to educate the children of illegals, and the tuition policy is only an extention of that. I think using the "have no heart" statement was inept.

But the thing is, Romney was praising immigration reform as recently as 2005. Only when he started pandering to the Minuteman vote did he start pulling stuff like this.

And it's counter productive. Hispanics are currently the largest minority group in the country and they are a natural ally of the conservative movement- fiscally and socially conservative. But this kind of talk drives them into the Democrats camp for generations.

Now be honest here.. is he talking about immigrants? or illegal immigrants. and I'm going to neg you for being so damn dishonest.

we could have done that without the bailout asswipe.

mexico is an important ally?

Well, that's the mistake right there.

how many miles of border do we share with Mexico?

How you people can be so reckless in your foreign policy simply to try and gain a tiny fraction of partisan points is yet more proof you put party over country at every turn.

Ridiculous analysis! Romney correctly makes the argument that illegal immigrant children, should have to pay at the same rate of someone from a neighboring state, now qualifies him as a racist?

No, putting the Sinsister tape of Vincente Fox on it makes it racist.

These children have been residents of Texas most of their lives, many of them are citizens because they were born in Texas even if their parents came in illegally, and the courts have ruled the states MUST educate them.

If the whole mantra we drill into these kids is to stay out of trouble and work hard so they can get into a good college, and then say to them, "NOPE! We aren't going to let you do that because of something your parents did!" Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to make them good citizens, doesn't it?

"I don't believe in rounding up 11 million people forcing them at gunpoint from our country"- Mitt Romney, 2005.

Well, not until his pollsters told him he believed in that, I guess.

Um, I'm in that industry. My company provides parts to all of the big three.

No, we couldn't have. It was expected if the bailouts didn't go through, GM and CHrysler were done.

Learn what you are talking about.

There would have been no auto industry to speak of if it had not been done.

How many people would have lost their jobs in sales, manufacturing, parts manufacturing, transportaion of products and like industries if it had not been done?

You never seem to understand anything in depth

Now be honest here.. is he talking about immigrants? or illegal immigrants. and I'm going to neg you for being so damn dishonest.

Do you think that makes a difference to the average hispanic voter? Really? All they see is some lilly-white guy who belongs to a cult that says dark skin is a curse from God scoring cheap political points on children.

This is why the GOP is stupid. (Not as stupid as the Dems, but they keep on-upping each other). They alienate a group for some short term gain, and then wonder why they can't make any inroads after they inevitably lose the argument anyway.

They made this mistake with blacks in the 1960's to the 1980's, and now they are repeating themselves.

Look, there's a great way to solve the illegal immigration problem. If you are caught hiring an illegal alien, you pay a HUGE fine.

When no one will hire them, they'll stop coming up here.

But as long as it cheaper to hire an illegal than pay an American a fair wage, you are going to have the "problem".

Um, I'm in that industry. My company provides parts to all of the big three.

No, we couldn't have. It was expected if the bailouts didn't go through, GM and CHrysler were done.

Learn what you are talking about.

Toyota manufactures here in the United States, and is and was Thriving. Learn what you are talking about.

Forum List

Back