Romney's Plan

THIS is why Romney is the right man for the job...right now!

Believe in America

Romney's plan is Bush's plan which got us in this mess.

Tax rates did not cause the crash. Spending cuts did not cause the crash.

Join todays reality, if you dare.

CBO said 55% of he national debt was the Bush tax cuts for the rich, Bush's failure to enforce what little regulation there was on wall street was a major reason for the housing bubble and bust.

CBO said 55% of he national debt was the Bush tax cuts for the rich, Bush's failure to enforce what little regulation there was on wall street was a major reason for the housing bubble and bust.

No, that's what you said...a twist and a turn of a word here and a phrase there. No budget for almost 2 years under Obama- out of control spending COMBINED with the tax cuts...for EVERYONE... forces congress to get serious or face another economic crisis. That can mean serious cuts; tax increases- or a combination of both... It does not mean that CBO are blaming Bush's tax cuts.

In a summary, CBO says the debt deal represents a good first step toward debt reduction, but the aging populace stemming from a retiring Baby Boom generation represents the "800-pound gorilla in the room." Simply, Congress must find ways to contain Medicare/Medicaid health care costs -- a requirement if the U.S. is going to balance its budget.

Also, CBO notes what every policy maker knows on Capitol Hill: that if the 2001/2003 Bush tax cuts continue, rather than expire at the end of 2012 as scheduled, Congress would have to really restrain spending, and access other revenue sources/tax increases, or pursue a combination, to prevent the debt from becoming unsupportable.

link

So, the Wall Street Journal called it timid and tactical, i.e. a limp plan. They criticized it for promising spending cuts, but not even offering a general map on how to get there. They called it a potpori of ideas and that it does nothing to dismay the notion that Romney has no core ideas.

Paul Krugman of the NY Times (to go from the opposite side) called it 59 bullet points with nothing there. I wonder when the last time the Wall Street Journal's editorial board and Paul Krugman agreed. But Krugman didn't go into any details on why he thinks it's such a joke, but he did say that Romney's expectations that the plan would create 11 million jobs in four years bordered on megalomania.

The WS Journal praised his commitment to take on China's currency manipulation, which I find laughable. How does he propose to punish/coerce China? Will business leaders like a trade war? China has actually been letting its currency appreciate, but that's because the U.S. Fed has been essentially exporting inflation to China.

Last edited:

link?

I don't remember that.

Believe in America

The page is no longer available....sort of a fitting metaphor for the Romney Campaign; "That message didn't work, try another one."

Updated just for you

Jobs and Economic Growth | Mitt Romney for President

Good to see he's stop believing in America: But then again...did he ever?

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4676-romney-caymans.jpg

Believe in America

What a hoot. I opened your link and figure 2 graphs Jobless Recovery's. The last bar shows Obama's recovery - 2007 to 2009. As most of us know Obama took the oath of office in Jan. 2009 and the budget for 2009 was one he inherited from Booooooosh.

I hit the link and it says" this page does not exist anymore".
Pretty good it IS Romneys plan!

Forum List

Back