Romney's Plan

THIS is why Romney is the right man for the job...right now!

Believe in America

I was just thinking of making a similar thread.

This plan, aside from being an ACTUAL PLAN that we can measure, actually sounds smart to me and echos ideas that were successful in the past.

Romney Promises 11.5 Million Jobs In Sweeping Economic Plan | Fox News
Romney aims at Republican center with economy plan - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAY.com

Mitt Romney is no ideologue.. He is a man who understands capitalism as defined by free markets... Our economic engine is in need of a real fix, not the expensive and short sighted jump start that Obama tried and wants to repeat.

Yes, finally, a leader to get us headed in the right direction!

Source

Romney begins with five bills he would introduce and five executive orders he would issue on his first day in office:

FIVE BILLS FOR DAY ONE

The American Competitiveness Act
• Reduces the corporate income tax rate to 25 percent

The Open Markets Act
• Implements the Colombia, Panama, and South Korea Free Trade Agreements

The Domestic Energy Act
• Directs the Department of the Interior to undertake a comprehensive survey of American energy reserves in partnership with exploration companies and initiates leasing in all areas currently approved for exploration

The Retraining Reform Act
• Consolidates the sprawl of federal retraining programs and returns funding and responsibility for these programs to the states

The Down Payment on Fiscal Sanity Act
• Immediately cuts non-security discretionary spending by 5 percent, reducing the annual federal budget by $20 billion

FIVE EXECUTIVE ORDERS FOR DAY ONE

An Order to Pave the Way to End Obamacare
• Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services and all relevant federal officials to return the maximum possible authority to the states to innovate and design health care solutions that work best for them

An Order to Cut Red Tape
• Directs all agencies to immediately initiate the elimination of Obama-era regulations that unduly burden the economy or job creation, and then caps annual increases in regulatory costs at zero dollars

An Order to Boost Domestic Energy Production
• Directs the Department of the Interior to implement a process for rapid issuance of drilling permits to developers with established safety records seeking to use pre-approved techniques in pre-approved areas

An Order to Sanction China for Unfair Trade Practices
•Directs the Department of the Treasury to list China as a currency manipulator in its biannual report and directs the Department of Commerce to assess countervailing duties on Chinese imports if China does not quickly move to float its currency

An Order to Empower American Businesses and Workers
• Reverses the executive orders issued by President Obama that tilt the playing field in favor of organized labor, including the one encouraging the use of union labor on major government construction projects

Believe in America

What a hoot. I opened your link and figure 2 graphs Jobless Recovery's. The last bar shows Obama's recovery - 2007 to 2009. As most of us know Obama took the oath of office in Jan. 2009 and the budget for 2009 was one he inherited from Booooooosh.

I already emailed them about figure 2.

However, look at figure 3.......that one doesn't have an incorrect label ;)

Believe in America

His Bills for Day, I like them all. However, I am wary of the South Korea FTA. SK is notorious for taking punitive measures against us inthere so called free trade. First, they don't allow US automakers to market primetime. Second, they have special sales tax on US products, esp cars. Third, they use many other protectionist measures. If we are protected against that them I am better with it.

FIVE BILLS FOR DAY ONE
(1) The American Competitiveness Act
• Reduces the corporate income tax rate to 25 percent - I personally like 20%, but this is a great start and step

(2) The Open Markets Act
• Implements the Colombia, Panama, and South Korea Free Trade Agreements - Colombia is the most capitalistic Latin American country, we should have done this years ago. If Colombia and Panama can be implemented like the CAFTA countries then I'm for it (we have a surplus on that trade agreement), but if it's like NAFTA, then no!

(3) The Domestic Energy Act
• Directs the Department of the Interior to undertake a comprehensive survey
of American energy reserves in partnership with exploration companies and
initiates leasing in all areas currently approved for exploration
Hopefully this means Drilling in ANWR, CO, the Gulf, offshore and deepsea!

(3) The Retraining Reform Act
• Consolidates the sprawl of federal retraining programs and returns funding and
responsibility for these programs to the states
Good idea

(4) The Down Payment on Fiscal Sanity Act
• Immediately cuts non-security discretionary spending by 5 percent, reducing
the annual federal budget by $20 billion
Is $20billion really 5% of the budget? Wow. Needed first step.

Executive Orders: I hope he targets Bush and Clinton bills also, but I like them
FIVE EXECUTIVE ORDERS FOR DAY ONE
(1) An Order to Pave the Way to End Obamacare
• Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services and all relevant federal
officials to return the maximum possible authority to the states to innovate
and design health care solutions that work best for them
However, ending Obamacare is NOT ENOUGH, there must be a replacement, going back to status quo is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

(2) An Order to Cut Red Tape
• Directs all agencies to immediately initiate the elimination of Obama-era
regulations that unduly burden the economy or job creation, and then caps
annual increases in regulatory costs at zero dollars
Don't blanket it. Dodd-Frank must go, but the credit card bill MUST stay. Why should a credit card company be able to give you a fixed rate and then jack up the rate when you get a nice balance?
AND DON'T STOP WITH OBAMA, go to Bush and Clinton also: Clinton: Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act and Community Reivenst Act, are two of the worst in history. They steam-rolled the Mortgage Meltdown. Bush: Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 needs to be retooled for efficiency, but not done away with. The BK code changes by Clinton and Bush must be retooled, esp in regards to student loans.

(3) An Order to Boost Domestic Energy Production
• Directs the Department of the Interior to implement a process for rapid
issuance of drilling permits to developers with established safety records
seeking to use pre-approved techniques in pre-approved areas
Love it and very much needed!

(4) An Order to Sanction China for Unfair Trade Practices
• Directs the Department of the Treasury to list China as a currency
manipulator in its biannual report and directs the Department of
Commerce to assess countervailing duties on Chinese imports if China
does not quickly move to float its currency
I prefer stronger moves such as tarriffs, but I like that he mentions taking on China!

(5) An Order to Empower American Businesses and Workers
• Reverses the executive orders issued by President Obama that tilt the
playing field in favor of organized labor, including the one encouraging
the use of union labor on major government construction projects
Perfect, fuck the unions!

Believe in America

What a hoot. I opened your link and figure 2 graphs Jobless Recovery's. The last bar shows Obama's recovery - 2007 to 2009. As most of us know Obama took the oath of office in Jan. 2009 and the budget for 2009 was one he inherited from Booooooosh.

The timeline refers to the stimulus in relation to job loss! The Stimulus WAS Obama's recovery effort-the graph illuminates its failure.

Believe in America

The timeline refers to the stimulus in relation to job loss! The Stimulus WAS Obama's recovery effort-the graph illuminates its failure.

I can see where he was coming from with his graph comments....but still...there is figure 3 ;)

I can see where he was coming from with his graph comments....but still...there is figure 3 ;)

The problem is that he wanted a "gottcha moment" or he could have seen what the graph intended to communicate.

Fuck Mitt... He is a flip flopping politician so who cares what he is saying today.

If it ain't Ron Paul you ain't having it huh Suds?

You are pissed on his flip flopping on social issues most, but that was kind of needed in running one of the most liberal states in America. He should his ground on economic issues, including balancing the budget!

But if you are pissed on Mitt's hypocrisy, doesn't Radical Paul's Porking Hypocrisy piss you off. Here is a guy that preaches night and day about the evils of spending, but then take a ton of pork for his tiny rural district!

Fuck Mitt... He is a flip flopping politician so who cares what he is saying today.

You are pissed on his flip flopping on social issues most, but that was kind of needed in running one of the most liberal states in America. He should his ground on economic issues, including balancing the budget!

But if you are pissed on Mitt's hypocrisy, doesn't Radical Paul's Porking Hypocrisy piss you off. Here is a guy that preaches night and day about the evils of spending, but then take a ton of pork for his tiny rural district!

Mitt should take a page from Reagan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2DeQtVyJM]I was a democrat! - YouTube[/ame]

I'd think you had a point about Ron Paul on "pork spending" if I were an idiot. We both know the answer to that. So feel free to play stupid.

Sorry, I guess I should cave in and support a flip flopper because today he said the right things to you...

Mitt is also very very very pro war.

Good luck on getting Mitt to follow through with his amazing plans…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2DeQtVyJM]I was a democrat! - YouTube[/ame]

Love Reagan's classics!

Believe in America

LOL. Sure. Much like the great recession was Obama's fault as well as the collapse of the housing market. You would be better served by rewriting history after those of us who experienced it as a current event are dead.

I like his nice, falsifiable plan. But I doubt his capability to carry it out in such a way as to make it feasible.

LOL. Sure. Much like the great recession was Obama's fault as well as the collapse of the housing market. You would be better served by rewriting history after those of us who experienced it as a current event are dead.

WC, just stfu and go fuck your Obama dildo.

Love Reagan's classics!

Ragan was a great actor, once he left the big screen.

Forum List

Back