Romney's plan would shred safety net for poor

:doubt: :eusa_liar:

>

"Well, finish the sentence, Soledad," Romney said. "I said I'm not concerned about the very poor that have a safety net, but if it has holes in it, I will repair them.

We have a very ample safety net and we can talk about whether it needs to be strengthened or whether there are holes in it. But we have food stamps, we have Medicaid, we have housing vouchers, we have programs to help the poor.

But the middle income Americans, they're the folks that are really struggling right now and they need someone that can help get this economy going for them.”

Mitt Romney: "I'm not concerned about the very poor." | The Weekly Standard

>

"Well, finish the sentence, Soledad," Romney said. "I said I'm not concerned about the very poor that have a safety net, but if it has holes in it, I will repair them.

We have a very ample safety net and we can talk about whether it needs to be strengthened or whether there are holes in it. But we have food stamps, we have Medicaid, we have housing vouchers, we have programs to help the poor.

But the middle income Americans, they're the folks that are really struggling right now and they need someone that can help get this economy going for them.”

His policy preferences certainly don't reflect that rhetoric, which seems to be the point of the thread.

>

His policy preferences certainly don't reflect that rhetoric, which seems to be the point of the thread.

What policy preferences...???

That statement IS his policy preference...The notion that he would supposedly SHRED the safety net despite his stated intentions to the contrary is the real rhetoric here. ;)

I remember a few years ago there was a couple at church that we knew, no kids and the husband had just finished college. They were on food stamps.
One weekend we were over there for dinner and it was the end of the month. "Come on, let's go to Kroger. It is the 30th and we have about $40 left we need to use. How about rib eyes."
Now this is not the norm but it does happen.
I am not skeptical of scientists at all, believe in evolution and global warming but that has nothing to do with the giveaways the United States of Santa Claus has become 365 24/7.
Most people on government assistance are moochers.
I know it, Obama knows it, YOU KNOW IT, EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

So, because one couple that you know chose to spend their food stamp allotment on rib eye steak, every American who benefits from food stamps is a freeloader? Forget about the young couple, who you have already dismissed based on one incident - who are you do disparage food stamp recipients? Do you think they WANT to be on food stamps? Do you think people eat like kings on food stamps? You may think you're a moderate, but you seem right in line with the ignorant far-right when you spew such nonsense.

I remember a few years ago there was a couple at church that we knew, no kids and the husband had just finished college. They were on food stamps.
One weekend we were over there for dinner and it was the end of the month. "Come on, let's go to Kroger. It is the 30th and we have about $40 left we need to use. How about rib eyes."
I am not skeptical of scientists at all, believe in evolution and global warming but that has nothing to do with the giveaways the United States of Santa Claus has become 365 24/7.

So, because one couple that you know chose to spend their food stamp allotment on rib eye steak, every American who benefits from food stamps is a freeloader? Forget about the young couple, who you have already dismissed based on one incident - who are you do disparage food stamp recipients? Do you think they WANT to be on food stamps? Do you think people eat like kings on food stamps? You may think you're a moderate, but you seem right in line with the ignorant far-right when you spew such nonsense.

"Now this is not the norm"
Take your biased blinders off and then, maybe, you can read.

>

I guessing Romney actually believe right wing talking points that the poor have 3 widescreen TVs, cellphones and drive expensive cars. Look what he did to his dog. You don't really believe he cares about poor people. Not really.

Oh for Christs sakes the damned saftety net will always be there. We taxpayers will continue to get hosed to support every deadbeat in America.

God forbid someone get off his or her ass to actually take responsibility for their own lives.

Why should they when someone else is paying thier way??

Last edited:

and if you gave good jobs to everyone, you wouldn't have moochers.

I suppose you think it's better to watch two people fight over a McJob at Staples...

I suppose you think it's better to watch two people fight over a McJob at Staples...

Proving your incompetence again.

We don't GIVE jobs to anyone. A job is not a charitable act. It is a contract and a fair exchange. If labor is priced too high, e.g. through min wage legislation, then buyers will buy less of it. A good part of the downturn can be traced to the increasing min wage the Democrats put through Congress.
People get paid generally what they are worth. Sorry you are worth $5/hr.

This thread is bogus because Mitt Romney Was A Democrat

:lol: I smell desperation!

Romney registered to vote in 1976 as what Massachusetts authorities now call an "unenrolled" voter -- a member of neither party. Under state law, primaries are open, and unenrolled citizens may participate in either primary.

But under the law as it stood in 1992 -- it was changed in 2004 -- "essentially enrolled unenrolled voters (commonly referred to as independent) into the political party based on the ballot they chose at the presidential primary," Michelle Tassinari, the director of the elections division of the Secretary of the Commonwealth's office, told BuzzFeed.

"After voting, a voter would have had to 'unenroll' by completing additional paperwork to go back to their 'independent' status," she said.

A Romney aide confirmed that the future governor had been a Democrat. "He switched back" to unenrolled, the aide said.

Mitt Romney's 1992 Democratic Primary vote for Paul Tsongas...? GASP! :eek:

Safety net? More like a safety queen sized bed with a mini-bar, free WiFi and cable, free omelets and cell phones.

Those Darn Poor People! Have they screwed this Country or what? They were probably behind the Wall Street collapse. And it was most of their sons and daughters who fought that war in Iraq which ballooned the deficit. POOR PEOPLE ARE DRIVING THIS COUNTRY DOWN THE DRAIN...

The Perfect Republican Agenda = GET RID OF POOR PEOPLE!

Absolutely!!! Nothing would be more rewarding than to see so many more people participating in the American way rather than just gaming the system.

I'm sure that went right over your little pinhead.

The GOP will offer as their candidate another ultra-rich white guy who was just endoreced by an ubber-rich white guy. You guys have got to be so frigin proud!

The GOP will offer as their candidate another ultra-rich white guy who was just endoreced by an ubber-rich white guy. You guys have got to be so frigin proud!

As opposed to the Dems who have a rich half-black guy who hires uber rich white guys to tell the media how he's for the poor and middle class.
Got it.

Proving your incompetence again.

We don't GIVE jobs to anyone. A job is not a charitable act. It is a contract and a fair exchange. If labor is priced too high, e.g. through min wage legislation, then buyers will buy less of it. A good part of the downturn can be traced to the increasing min wage the Democrats put through Congress.
People get paid generally what they are worth. Sorry you are worth $5/hr.

I'm always amazed to watch the apologists for plutocrats try to justify their behavior by claiming we just can't get along without them.

Really.

It's hilarious. Usually form some guy whose living in a trailer park and doesn't want the darkies moving in next door. Which is pretty much my image of Rabbi.

Hey, how about that Rick Perry, huh, guy? Speaking of "incompetence". Or maybe incontinence...

Conservative America is like the French Revolution in reverse - millions of poor folks streaming into the streets to defend the interests of the wealthy.

I don't think so. I think they just hate having a black president and will do anything to get him out of office. Even if it fucks up their own lives and the lives of their children, to racists, it's definitely worth it.

Your biggest problem is you don't 'think'. Period.

Only 6% of your posts do not contain lies.

Conservative America is like the French Revolution in reverse - millions of poor folks streaming into the streets to defend the interests of the wealthy.

I don't think so. I think they just hate having a black president and will do anything to get him out of office. Even if it fucks up their own lives and the lives of their children, to racists, it's definitely worth it.

6%? That high?

6%? That high?

Meh, I was skeptical too... but that's what GTs song said... and GT don't lie.

Romney's plan would shred safety net for poor

It is like he said. He doesn't really care about the poor. He is only feigning care about the middle class because without them the rich get poor.

Forum List

Back