Romney’s Palin Problem: Where’s Her Convention Invite?

It's over...Obama is a shoo in now!

Yep, all the Palinites will definitely stay home - hurt that Sawah didn't get a personal, gold edged, hand engraved invite, delivered on horseback, to the RNC.... and it was all Romney's fault. It' not the Republican National Convention... it's the Romney National Convention.

Or...

Are some people on the left completely losing touch with reality? Did they ever have a fingertip on reality?

Questions, questions, questions.
I think it's a leftist projection. Because leftists are mostly immature cry babies that have temper tantrums, occupy parks, and shit on police cars and American Flags when they don't get their way, they assume that everyone acts like that.

Im fairly certain Romney doesnt control who can come and who cant.

Can I attend the convention?

While tickets will not be available for purchase and quantities are limited, there are several ways an individual can attend convention activities.

To attend the convention in an official capacity, individuals should explore the process of becoming a delegate or alternate delegate from their state of residence.

It is also possible to assist with convention activities as an official volunteer. The Tampa Bay Host Committee is currently recruiting some 7,500 volunteers who will perform key duties during convention week. For information about becoming a volunteer, visit the Tampa Bay Host Committee website at Welcome to Tampa Bay: Home of the 2012 Republican National Convention » Get Involved. Please note that Tampa Bay Host Committee volunteers will not be assigned to work in the Tampa Bay Times Forum or the Tampa Convention Center.

Those not able to attend in person can access the convention online at 2012 Republican National Convention | Tampa Bay, Florida - August 27 - 30, 2012 | GOPConvention2012.com. The convention website promises to be the next best thing to a seat inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum. We will strive to create a virtual “convention without walls,” which will provide an intimate look at convention proceedings and activities during the week of August 27th.

Can I work at the convention as a volunteer?

The Tampa Bay Host Committee is currently recruiting some 7,500 volunteers who will play crucial roles during the week of the convention. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the host committee website at Welcome to Tampa Bay: Home of the 2012 Republican National Convention » Get Involved. It is important to note that lodging, transportation and other expenses will be the responsibility of the volunteer, and Tampa Bay Host Committee volunteers will not be assigned to work in the Tampa Bay Times Forum or the Tampa Convention Center.

Frequently Asked Questions | 2012 Republican National Convention | Tampa Bay, Florida - August 27 - 30, 2012 | GOPConvention2012.com

My father in law would work the republican presidential delegation in Iowa. He wired the stage and the building for them to use. My wife met Ronald Reagan when he went through Iowa every year, she is a liberal and she liked Ronald.

As conservative as Reagan was, he was a pragmatist above all else. He wouldn't fare so well in today's Republican Party unless he moved much further to the right.

My father in law would work the republican presidential delegation in Iowa. He wired the stage and the building for them to use. My wife met Ronald Reagan when he went through Iowa every year, she is a liberal and she liked Ronald.

Liberals back then for the most part weren't the progressive communists they are today though. Different times, back when the democrat party wasn't so embarrassing and destructive to the constitution and individual liberties.

I won't tell anyone if you don't, but Ronnie was much more center than anyone currently in the Republican Party. He may have talked the conservative game a lot, but he didn't govern that way.

Wasilla+Hillbillies.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e88cec90d970d-600wi

Sarah+Palin%2527s+Bus+Tour.jpg

palin_cartoon_moose_afraid.jpg

sarah_palin_garbage_pail_kid_sarah_cuda_holy_taco-350x500.jpg

I can't wait for the Wasilla Hillbillies to crash the convention.

Look, I think we all know that Palin is not going to be allowed to speak at the convention because the Republicans are just trying to play fair. As we all know, Palin "scares" the Democrats, and putting her onstage and in front of the cameras before a national audience would just give the GOP too much of an advantage in November. I think it's a laudable gesture by the Republicans, an act of political heroism on their part.

Don't you?

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Look, I think we all know that Palin is not going to be allowed to speak at the convention because the Republicans are just trying to play fair. As we all know, Palin "scares" the Democrats, and putting her onstage and in front of the cameras before a national audience would just give the GOP too much of an advantage in November. I think it's a laudable gesture by the Republicans, an act of political heroism on their part.

Don't you?

Yeah............Palin really gave the GOP an advantage in 2008 when she was the VP candidate.

She also helped out quite a bit in 2010 when she threw her support behind teabagger candidates, which has been helping the GOP to eat itself ever since.

Sure................let Palin keep "helping out".

Don't you?

Yeah............Palin really gave the GOP an advantage in 2008 when she was the VP candidate.

She also helped out quite a bit in 2010 when she threw her support behind teabagger candidates, which has been helping the GOP to eat itself ever since.

Palin wasnt the problem in 08. McCain and Bush were.

By Peter J. Boyer

Mitt still hasn’t invited Sarah to the GOP’s nomination assembly in Tampa, and the Tea Party is livid. Peter J. Boyer on how the snub could sabotage Romney’s tenuous ties to the grassroots—and why Palin is keeping the week open, just in case.

On the day that Mitt Romney formally announced his run for the presidency last year, he found himself competing with a stiff New Hampshire wind, which stood his hair on end and played havoc with his microphones. What blew in later was even more distracting: the red, white, and blue bus bearing Sarah Palin on her “One Nation” tour. Palin stole the headlines, and Romney’s buzz, that day (“Coincidence,” she said), and beyond. Through much of the summer, she hovered at the edge of the Republican primary campaign as a shadow candidate, once predicting that she could not only beat Romney, but President Obama, too, before finally declaring herself out of the race last fall.

But Palin continued to vex Romney’s candidacy, questioning his conservatism, encouraging the non-Romneys still in the race, and publicly cheering for the prospect of an open convention. Even after Romney clinched the race in late spring, Palin remained pointedly hesitant about the presumed Republican nominee. She has not yet extended to Romney her full endorsement, and, while she speaks animatedly of the urgency of defeating President Obama in November, her support for Romney derives from the fact that Romney meets Palin’s threshold qualification—as “anybody but Obama.”
Much More: Sarah Palin Still Waiting for Romney Invite to Tampa - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

Why is it Romney's problem? At this point he is nothing more than a candidate in the Republican primary, he doesn't run the party.

Don't you?

Democrats are clearly relieved to hear that.

Don't you?

Democrats are clearly relieved to hear that.

Democrats eat tofu, we couldn't care less what they think

Don't you?

Palin wasnt the problem in 08. McCain and Bush were.
Yea, Sarah was a freaking genius. :laugh2:

1342289230271.cached.jpg

By Peter J. Boyer

Mitt still hasn’t invited Sarah to the GOP’s nomination assembly in Tampa, and the Tea Party is livid. Peter J. Boyer on how the snub could sabotage Romney’s tenuous ties to the grassroots—and why Palin is keeping the week open, just in case.

On the day that Mitt Romney formally announced his run for the presidency last year, he found himself competing with a stiff New Hampshire wind, which stood his hair on end and played havoc with his microphones. What blew in later was even more distracting: the red, white, and blue bus bearing Sarah Palin on her “One Nation” tour. Palin stole the headlines, and Romney’s buzz, that day (“Coincidence,” she said), and beyond. Through much of the summer, she hovered at the edge of the Republican primary campaign as a shadow candidate, once predicting that she could not only beat Romney, but President Obama, too, before finally declaring herself out of the race last fall.

But Palin continued to vex Romney’s candidacy, questioning his conservatism, encouraging the non-Romneys still in the race, and publicly cheering for the prospect of an open convention. Even after Romney clinched the race in late spring, Palin remained pointedly hesitant about the presumed Republican nominee. She has not yet extended to Romney her full endorsement, and, while she speaks animatedly of the urgency of defeating President Obama in November, her support for Romney derives from the fact that Romney meets Palin’s threshold qualification—as “anybody but Obama.”

Much More: Sarah Palin Still Waiting for Romney Invite to Tampa - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

:eek:

Yep, all the Palinites will definitely stay home - hurt that Sawah didn't get a personal, gold edged, hand engraved invite, delivered on horseback, to the RNC.... and it was all Romney's fault. It' not the Republican National Convention... it's the Romney National Convention.

Or...

Are some people on the left completely losing touch with reality? Did they ever have a fingertip on reality?

Love her or hate her, she is a force in the Republican party. Romney panders to everyone except her? He's an idiot if he doesn't include her.

Or...

Love her or hate her, she is a force in the Republican party. Romney panders to everyone except her? He's an idiot if he doesn't include her.

I am not a 'lover' or 'hater' of Palin. She's fine, in the right place at the right time. That time is not now, nor is the place at the RNC Convention. Simply put, she will frighten off the Independents (like me... except I ain't scared of Palin)... so she needs to stay out of the limelight and focus her efforts on bringing her supporters behind Romney... which is, frankly, exactly what she is doing.

As Sarah Palin still plans on campaigning for Romney, her appearance or non-appearance will have no effect whatsoever.

It isn't like liberals have successfully remade Palin into an anti Romney.

Forum List

Back