Romney’s Palin Problem: Where’s Her Convention Invite?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
1342289230271.cached.jpg

By Peter J. Boyer

Mitt still hasn’t invited Sarah to the GOP’s nomination assembly in Tampa, and the Tea Party is livid. Peter J. Boyer on how the snub could sabotage Romney’s tenuous ties to the grassroots—and why Palin is keeping the week open, just in case.

On the day that Mitt Romney formally announced his run for the presidency last year, he found himself competing with a stiff New Hampshire wind, which stood his hair on end and played havoc with his microphones. What blew in later was even more distracting: the red, white, and blue bus bearing Sarah Palin on her “One Nation” tour. Palin stole the headlines, and Romney’s buzz, that day (“Coincidence,” she said), and beyond. Through much of the summer, she hovered at the edge of the Republican primary campaign as a shadow candidate, once predicting that she could not only beat Romney, but President Obama, too, before finally declaring herself out of the race last fall.

But Palin continued to vex Romney’s candidacy, questioning his conservatism, encouraging the non-Romneys still in the race, and publicly cheering for the prospect of an open convention. Even after Romney clinched the race in late spring, Palin remained pointedly hesitant about the presumed Republican nominee. She has not yet extended to Romney her full endorsement, and, while she speaks animatedly of the urgency of defeating President Obama in November, her support for Romney derives from the fact that Romney meets Palin’s threshold qualification—as “anybody but Obama.”

Much More: Sarah Palin Still Waiting for Romney Invite to Tampa - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

Are they going to have ass jizz and Perry there also? Is herman going to sing the national anthem pokemon style? They have to invite sarah. it would be like having a crazy sunday without the nuts if you don't have her there.

This whole republican primary would just be incomplete without one more chance for all of them to amuse the american public with all the dumb shit they say. They cannot deny us our comedy, they must all go to the convention. Pro-wrestling wasn't this awesome when we were laughing at hulkamania.

Im fairly certain Romney doesnt control who can come and who cant.

Can I attend the convention?

While tickets will not be available for purchase and quantities are limited, there are several ways an individual can attend convention activities.

To attend the convention in an official capacity, individuals should explore the process of becoming a delegate or alternate delegate from their state of residence.

It is also possible to assist with convention activities as an official volunteer. The Tampa Bay Host Committee is currently recruiting some 7,500 volunteers who will perform key duties during convention week. For information about becoming a volunteer, visit the Tampa Bay Host Committee website at Welcome to Tampa Bay: Home of the 2012 Republican National Convention » Get Involved. Please note that Tampa Bay Host Committee volunteers will not be assigned to work in the Tampa Bay Times Forum or the Tampa Convention Center.

Those not able to attend in person can access the convention online at 2012 Republican National Convention | Tampa Bay, Florida - August 27 - 30, 2012 | GOPConvention2012.com. The convention website promises to be the next best thing to a seat inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum. We will strive to create a virtual “convention without walls,” which will provide an intimate look at convention proceedings and activities during the week of August 27th.

Can I work at the convention as a volunteer?

The Tampa Bay Host Committee is currently recruiting some 7,500 volunteers who will play crucial roles during the week of the convention. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the host committee website at Welcome to Tampa Bay: Home of the 2012 Republican National Convention » Get Involved. It is important to note that lodging, transportation and other expenses will be the responsibility of the volunteer, and Tampa Bay Host Committee volunteers will not be assigned to work in the Tampa Bay Times Forum or the Tampa Convention Center.

Frequently Asked Questions | 2012 Republican National Convention | Tampa Bay, Florida - August 27 - 30, 2012 | GOPConvention2012.com

So as I said, she doesnt need a personal invite. So your entire thread is complete nonsense. Not that I was expecting it to be otherwise.

Can I attend the convention?

While tickets will not be available for purchase and quantities are limited, there are several ways an individual can attend convention activities.

To attend the convention in an official capacity, individuals should explore the process of becoming a delegate or alternate delegate from their state of residence.

It is also possible to assist with convention activities as an official volunteer. The Tampa Bay Host Committee is currently recruiting some 7,500 volunteers who will perform key duties during convention week. For information about becoming a volunteer, visit the Tampa Bay Host Committee website at Welcome to Tampa Bay: Home of the 2012 Republican National Convention » Get Involved. Please note that Tampa Bay Host Committee volunteers will not be assigned to work in the Tampa Bay Times Forum or the Tampa Convention Center.

Those not able to attend in person can access the convention online at 2012 Republican National Convention | Tampa Bay, Florida - August 27 - 30, 2012 | GOPConvention2012.com. The convention website promises to be the next best thing to a seat inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum. We will strive to create a virtual “convention without walls,” which will provide an intimate look at convention proceedings and activities during the week of August 27th.

Can I work at the convention as a volunteer?

The Tampa Bay Host Committee is currently recruiting some 7,500 volunteers who will play crucial roles during the week of the convention. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the host committee website at Welcome to Tampa Bay: Home of the 2012 Republican National Convention » Get Involved. It is important to note that lodging, transportation and other expenses will be the responsibility of the volunteer, and Tampa Bay Host Committee volunteers will not be assigned to work in the Tampa Bay Times Forum or the Tampa Convention Center.

Frequently Asked Questions | 2012 Republican National Convention | Tampa Bay, Florida - August 27 - 30, 2012 | GOPConvention2012.com

My father in law would work the republican presidential delegation in Iowa. He wired the stage and the building for them to use. My wife met Ronald Reagan when he went through Iowa every year, she is a liberal and she liked Ronald.

So as I said, she doesnt need a personal invite. So your entire thread is complete nonsense. Not that I was expecting it to be otherwise.

Then whatever, just discussing the article. If you have two cents to give then do it, but it does not merit name calling or other bad tudes carried by disgruntled people.

You're right
It is also possible to assist with convention activities as an official volunteer.
She could offer to make the sandwiches...

No but they can control who speaks on the podium. I would like to see anybody be able to enter any convention and announce their candidacy for president. but, they have rules of prceedure made to where they want to control the pandamonium that may erupt

Then whatever, just discussing the article. If you have two cents to give then do it, but it does not merit name calling or other bad tudes carried by disgruntled people.

No it doesn't merit name calling. Which is probably why I didnt bother name calling.

No it doesn't merit name calling. Which is probably why I didnt bother name calling.

well if it is nonesense then go on and find a more suitable place to post.

No but they can control who speaks on the podium. I would like to see anybody be able to enter any convention and announce their candidacy for president. but, they have rules of prceedure made to where they want to control the pandamonium that may erupt

I dont think the Romney camp has complete control over who speaks in the least. The party does. But Romney and the party are not synonymous.

Forum List

Back