Romney's new ad - irony at its finest

Here is how campaign finance rules on superpacs works. Neither the candidate nor his campaign can have contact with or approve or disapporove any superpac ads. They have to keep an arm's distance and unfortunately that can create hard feelings and misunderstandings all the way around. Obama can't condemn it.

:eusa_eh:
So what you are saying is, that even a slanderous ad by a super pac can and should not be denounced by the candidate? Because that would be what? A wrong thing thing do? Letting a blatant lie stand? Our candidates lose their freedom of speech while running for President?

Soptic's story is utter bullshit and frankly, only an idiot would buy any of it. Soptic was offered a buyout, he declined. Also, his wife had insurance. Laying his wife's death on Romney's doorstep is the height of abject dishonesty and frankly, pretty scummy.

Factoid.... businesses go out of business all the time... you're not guaranteed health insurance for life when you take a job. WTF is wrong with you people?

Could he have retired retroactively and got his pension/benefits?

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4691-romney-retirement.jpg

He could have taken the buyout, but he refused it.

Why couldn't he retire retroactively?

It works for some but not for others...is that it?

Here is how campaign finance rules on superpacs works. Neither the candidate nor his campaign can have contact with or approve or disapporove any superpac ads. They have to keep an arm's distance and unfortunately that can create hard feelings and misunderstandings all the way around. Obama can't condemn it.

So what you are saying is, that even a slanderous ad by a super pac can and should not be denounced by the candidate? Because that would be what? A wrong thing thing do? Letting a blatant lie stand? Our candidates lose their freedom of speech while running for President?

I suppose you could look at it that way if you like. However, the Obama campaign has distanced itself from the ad as much as possible. It is a despicable ad but think about how it would look if Obama publically denounced the ad. It would mean to many that anything the pac says is wrong/bad. And then he'd be criticized for being at odds with the pac and on and on and on. He's really in a "no win" situation. I am not certain I'll vote for Obama but I know I won't vote for Romney. I may just sit this one out which I've never done before! I'm not necessarily defending anyone, just trying to point out that there are reasons for not outright denouncing the ad. I think over all the idea of superpacs is a bad one.

Yes, Obama had nothing to do with the Super Pac ad, and his campaign had no coordination. NONE!!!

They were two different and completely uncoordinated ad campaigns.

But the same shirt.

AzzwfdDCYAAOLDb.jpg

Fuck off, morons....

Yes, Obama had nothing to do with the Super Pac ad, and his campaign had no coordination. NONE!!!

But the same shirt.

AzzwfdDCYAAOLDb.jpg

Fuck off, morons....

You should cry more about it. That works in politics right? When you cry like a big fucking baby?

But the same shirt.

AzzwfdDCYAAOLDb.jpg

Fuck off, morons....

So apparently you're color blind. because those shirts, while a similar style, are clearly two different colors...

But let's say that he wore the same shirt for both interviews? So what. I found a couple of old pictures of myself, taken years apart, where I'm wearing the same shirt.

Soptic's story is utter bullshit and frankly, only an idiot would buy any of it. Soptic was offered a buyout, he declined. Also, his wife had insurance. Laying his wife's death on Romney's doorstep is the height of abject dishonesty and frankly, pretty scummy.

Factoid.... businesses go out of business all the time... you're not guaranteed health insurance for life when you take a job. WTF is wrong with you people?

:clap2:

He could have taken the buyout, but he refused it.

When you put it that way, you are absolutely right. It is Joe's fault Bain bankrupted his company. If only Joe had taken a buyout, he would have kept his company insurance....oh, wait, that wouldn't have happened either, the pension fund and insurance fund were bankrupted to.

I suppose you could look at it that way if you like. However, the Obama campaign has distanced itself from the ad as much as possible. It is a despicable ad but think about how it would look if Obama publically denounced the ad. It would mean to many that anything the pac says is wrong/bad. And then he'd be criticized for being at odds with the pac and on and on and on. He's really in a "no win" situation. I am not certain I'll vote for Obama but I know I won't vote for Romney. I may just sit this one out which I've never done before! I'm not necessarily defending anyone, just trying to point out that there are reasons for not outright denouncing the ad. I think over all the idea of superpacs is a bad one.
uh, actually, it is illegal for the candidates to directly address the superpacs, so Pix is correct and this is the result of Citizens United.

Forum List

Back