Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

Is this still the correct age list for the 5 wonder boys: Mitt and Ann Romney have 5 children, all sons: Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26)?

Is it a religious thing or a class thing that keeps all 5 Romney sons out of harms way, while reaping most of the benefits of being an American?

Is this still the correct age list for the 5 wonder boys: Mitt and Ann Romney have 5 children, all sons: Tagg (37 years old), Matt (36), Josh (32), Ben (29), and Craig (26)?

Is it a religious thing or a class thing that keeps all 5 Romney sons out of harms way, while reaping most of the benefits of being an American?

At least they aren't out trying to sound like a "real good guy" like Warren Buffett who claims he wants to pay more taxes, yet he owes what about a billion in back taxes he refuses to pay?

Oh, is it a left-wing thing to attack the children and grandchildren of Republican candidates, yeah, it is.

Too bad Romney isn't talking about his ancestral links in Mexico. It might be pretty tough since the colony was polygamous.

At least they aren't out trying to sound like a "real good guy" like Warren Buffett who claims he wants to pay more taxes, yet he owes what about a billion in back taxes he refuses to pay?

Oh, is it a left-wing thing to attack the children and grandchildren of Republican candidates, yeah, it is.

Left wing? I attacked Republicans for supporting Cheney who dodged the draft 5 times while never blinking when sending other people's children to wars he would never have fought.

Romney's family has reaped the cream at the top of American society. Most old time Dems and Repubs of old felt a sense of obligation for their place in society. What the hell is wrong with these 1%ers?

Take, and never give? Romney is always talking about keeping America strong. He wants a strong America? It's time for his ilk to step up and sacrifice. The main reason troops had so many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan is NOT enough loud and proud flag wavers volunteered when needed.

As James Fallows recently pointed out:

Jimmy Carter is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy who spent ten years in the uniformed service of his country. As far as I can tell, this is ten years more than the cumulative service of all members of the Romney clan.​

Republicans are happy to volunteer other people's children to die for them. Just don't ask them to pay taxes - that's too great a sacrifice to make for country.

But mention ANYHING about the Obama girls.........

:eusa_whistle:

comparing 5 grown men to young girls? :rofl:

too funny. the girlyman/boy defense of GOP idjits. :lol:

If Obama had 5 grown up adult children, not serving while he waged a war, I'd ask the very same question.

you lose

Neither have shit to do with their political abilities.

You win the internet.
Fail better?
:cuckoo:

Are you guys so desperate for something to attack Romney with that you have to resort to this? Is Obama's record so crappy that you have to deflect so much? I guess the answer is yes.

Pretty sad. I can come up with better stuff to attack Romney with and I support the man.

Are you guys so desperate for something to attack Romney with that you have to resort to this? Is Obama's record so crappy that you have to deflect so much? I guess the answer is yes.

Pretty sad. I can come up with better stuff to attack Romney with and I support the man.

The wealthy from other generations believed in a certain sense of Noblesse oblige but not the 1%ers.

these 1%ers are Like Paul Ryan in that they worship greed and Ayn Lunatic Rand.

Left wing? I attacked Republicans for supporting Cheney who dodged the draft 5 times while never blinking when sending other people's children to wars he would never have fought..

And you think that proves it's not a left-wing thing to attack the children of Republicans? You are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

Romney's family has reaped the cream at the top of American society. Most old time Dems and Repubs of old felt a sense of obligation for their place in society. What the hell is wrong with these 1%ers?.

Name the children of Democrat politicians who are currently serving. We'll wait for it . . .
. . . . . . . .

We didn't think you could name any.

Take, and never give? Romney is always talking about keeping America strong. He wants a strong America? It's time for his ilk to step up and sacrifice. The main reason troops had so many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan is NOT enough loud and proud flag wavers volunteered when needed.

It's time for your ilk to shut the fuck up.

The military says it has all the volunteers it needs.

why do conservative nitwits @ USMB act like raising an issue here @ USMB, that has dogged Romney's campaign for ages, is somehow a leftist attack?

Questions About Romney's Sons and Military Service - NYTimes.com

A woman at an Ask Mitt Anything forum earlier today in Iowa raised the question again, asking whether any of Mr. Romney’s five sons are serving in the military, adding pointedly, “If none of them are, how do they plan to support this war on terrorism by enlisting in our U.S. military?”

Although his campaign said his remarks were taken out of context, Mr. Romney’s response is drawing criticism, because he said, in part, “one of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping to get me elected.”

A Rude Question About Romney’s Sons Yields An Off-Key Answer - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

get over it 5 grown men who reap the greatest benefits of American society end up looking like GOP chickenhawks? that is a legitimate issue to be raised for somebody begging and clawing his way to be CinC.

Name the children of Democrat politicians who are currently serving. We'll wait for it . . .
. . . . . . . .

name a Democratic candidate who keeps saying another politician is weak on defense, and who has 5 grown up adults in their family who are eligible for military service?

all things being fair....life isn't.

you lose. now stfu

Since when is joining the service a requirement for being a patriot?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back