Romney's London Olympics Scuffle with PM Cameron

Interpol

Radical Centrist
Apr 14, 2012
U.S.
Mitt Romney's Olympics blunder stuns No 10 and hands gift to Obama | World news | guardian.co.uk

Mitt Romney and British PM trade barbs over Olympics | World | News | National Post

Note to Mitt Romney: While a guest in someone else's home/country/whatever, don't make fun of their cookies, or their Olympic Games.

After criticizing the games not 5 seconds after being in London, PM Cameron shot back with, "We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course it's easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere", referring to Mitt's running of the Salt Lake City Games in 2002.

Can Mitt Romney get through one whole day without having to over explain himself every time he suffers from foot in mouth disease?

Terrible manners this guy has. Always such a glass-half-empty type.

When you're a guest at somebody else's place, you shut the hell up and listen and smile and wave a lot.

What a dumbass. We think of rich folks as having impeccable manners, but not this goof.

To be fair, he's only said what most Brits have been saying for the last few years. G4S completely and utterly underestimating the task at hand, the military having to be called in to cover G4S' staffing shortfall, immigration officers (who are a f***ing joke in the first place) threatening strike action (which was called off after it became apparent that no-one was buying their bullshit blackmail tactic).

Need I go on?

Romney insults the Brits. I'm torn on this one....

I don't think Americans would like it so much if a European leader visited us and told us our problems.

When you're a guest, stfu and smile a lot!

Romney should know this.

Now they are listening and putting troops in. Cameron should have had someone the caliber of Romeny in charge so they knew what the hell they were doing. This is a disaster waiting to happen. I have a bad feeling about these games.

Cameron should have just kept quiet. If something happens now, he'll have egg on his face.

Whats the big deal? Our whole history with that country is trading insults with each other.

Forum List

Back