Romney's Five Questions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BDBoop, Nov 29, 2011.

1. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Of course, they'll all be different questions tomorrow. That's just how he rolls.

Of course, my first question came out of the comments; how many jobs have you outsourced, Mr. Romney? How many people have you screwed over by replacing them with youngsters?

Romney Has Five Questions For Obama That The White House Would Rather Ignore

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Response by T. Gansky

3. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    That's typical.
    Point the truth at leftists and they deflect to the GOP.
    The GOP has passed many job programs through the House. And the Senate has stopped every one of them.
    The president's "jobs package" was a smaller version of the stimulus that everyone has agreed has failed.
    We have never had a credit downgrade. With different circumstances, interest in our debt will dry up in no time.

4. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,767
    Could Obama come up with a jobs bill that republicans would vote for? We know the answer to that one.

5. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,767
    Republicans submitted something they called "the JOBS act". It had nothing to do with jobs but was an attempt to allow states to loot the money for extended unemployment benefits and use it to for other things. It is the closest thing to a republican jobs bill I know of.

6. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,789
    Here's the answer for the jobs question that would get my vote:

"It isn't the government's responsibility to provide us with jobs, any more than it's their responsibility to feed us or raise our kids for us."

7. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    I tend to disagree with that based on these little factoids:
    1. The government gave tax breaks to move factories overseas
    2. The government stopped Boeing from running their new plant in SC
    3. The government piles on regulations and costs such that its unaffordable to hire
    4. AMR declared bankruptcy today because they were buried by legacy pension costs
    5. The government gives away too many entitlements to those who did not earn them
    6. The government does nothing to promote domestic jobs, including open borders

I could keep going, but you get my drift. The government sets the conditions for employment...

8. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,789
    Right, and all these policies are a direct result of the belief that it's the government's job to 'manage' the economy. That's what neither side seems to get. The way to keep government from doing crap that fucks up the economy, is to keep them out of it. But all most folks can do is complain that they're not getting their share of the spoils.

9. Sundial

Sundial Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    1. I don't know who the "first" president was to leave office with a net loss of jobs - but I know who the last: George Bush. (The one before Obama). Bush came into office with 112 million private sector jobs and left office with 111 million.

2. When Bush left office, he left the country in the midst of the deepest recession since WWII. The economy began growing again within one year after Obama took office, but it still has a ways to go. What we need is a "Jobs Act" - something Republicans have obstructed, and continue to oppose.

3. In light of the economic crisis of 2008, the President had to choose between running deficits, and healing the economy. He made the right choice.

4. The so-called "downgrade" was utterly irrelevant. Interest rates fell immediately afterwards, the opposite of what would have happened S&P's opinion meant anything.

5. Obama began his term during the most dangerous financial crisis since 1929. Since then, the economy has begun to grow again, and will continue to grow - right through the next presidential election. Obama's put together a record of remarkable success, here, and abroad.

Plus, the Republican candidates are a clown-show act.

10. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    1. "jobs programs" never work, so why borrow money from China just to waste it?
    2. see answer #1
    3. TRUE. Bush sucked. So does BO. Whats your point? BO should have let the Bush tax cuts expire.
    4. Wrong. Just look at the Debt projections if nothing serious is done. How stupid is this guy?
    5. See #4. Its time to CUT SPENDING, and then CUT SPENDING MORE or we go bankrupt. We simply cannot keep borrowing from China!!

See #5. How stupid are people that can't see the tax+spend death spiral. BO didn't move 14,000 factories overseas, but he didn't deal with reality well at all. He sucks up to Wall Street just like all pols. How does he earn that $1-billion in contributions???????