Romney's evil money!

With Willard, it's not just that he's wealthy, we've had wealthy Presidential candidates before (although he is the wealthiest since Steve Forbes ran in 2000), it's that he is out of touch.

Those other candidates did not display the extreme out-of-touchidness that Willard displays almost every time he or his wife speaks.

We've even had Presidents and Presidential candidates that were born into their wealth, like Mittens, that did not seem as out of touch as Willard. The Kennedy family is a prime example, but I think military service had something to do with their ability to relate to the "average guy". The Bush family too.

Willard was born rich, has always been rich and will always be rich. He's spent his whole life surrounded by wealth and the wealthy and just doesn't know how to relate to those of us who are not one of the 3,140 richest people in America.

Will being a privileged wealthy businessman make him a good President? How has that worked out in the past?

Of course Romney is rich. But the big difference is he at least knows how to handle his money. Something Obama doesn't seem to have. All Obama wants to do is spend. And he spends the money we don't have and he knows it. He can't even balance the budget. He holds that off because he knows where it will put him. I would rather have someone who has ran a business before rather than just a community organizer to run this country. It would be a much better start at recovering.

Every day I come on here I see another new thread about Romney and how he is not 'connected' with the average man or another thread about how rich Romney is. I am really getting tired of it. Weather it is his 77,000 dollar horse, not knowing what a donut is or his latest fundraisers, the left here seems the need to attack his character based on his wealth and nothing more. It is downright confusing as to what you are trying to get at. At least when JoeB attacks his wealth it is about how he acquired it, not that he is wealthy. The only thing the left seems to care about is the fact that he has money in the first place.

Here is the problem though:

What in the hell do you want in a president? Do you really want the average man? Seriously? You want someone that was UNSUCCESSFUL, an average Joe? Maybe your neighbor? How about the local McDonalds worker. They will be able to relate, connected to the average American and you wont have to worry about all that money.

Get real. People are looking for someone that is successful to take the highest office in the country and to pretend otherwise is asinine to say the least. There is a lot of room to attack Romney on, it completely baffles me that the left is choosing the fact he is successful as their main point. It is utter bullshit, any all of you know it. Stop with the bullshit attacks and focus on something of sustenance.

I've never had a problem with Steve Jobs or Richard Branson's wealth. Of course, they actually produced something rather than just diverting already existing wealth into their own pockets.

What do you think Romney would do to get the economy rolling? Load us up with more debt, cash out early, raid our pensions and then lay off our citizens? That's been his recipe for success so far.

Every day I come on here I see another new thread about Romney and how he is not 'connected' with the average man or another thread about how rich Romney is. I am really getting tired of it. Weather it is his 77,000 dollar horse, not knowing what a donut is or his latest fundraisers, the left here seems the need to attack his character based on his wealth and nothing more. It is downright confusing as to what you are trying to get at. At least when JoeB attacks his wealth it is about how he acquired it, not that he is wealthy. The only thing the left seems to care about is the fact that he has money in the first place.

What in the hell do you want in a president? Do you really want the average man? Seriously? You want someone that was UNSUCCESSFUL, an average Joe? Maybe your neighbor? How about the local McDonalds worker. They will be able to relate, connected to the average American and you wont have to worry about all that money.

Get real. People are looking for someone that is successful to take the highest office in the country and to pretend otherwise is asinine to say the least. There is a lot of room to attack Romney on, it completely baffles me that the left is choosing the fact he is successful as their main point. It is utter bullshit, any all of you know it. Stop with the bullshit attacks and focus on something of sustenance.

When Romney stops trying to play regular guy !

Politicians are not in touch with the average person none of them not Romney, or Obama or Bush, Clinton, H.W. Bush, Reagan, Carter some just put on a better act about it than other's.

Everyone else you mentioned can speak and relate to the average person. Romney simply can't. (which is why, in a recent poll, 57% of likely voters said they would want to sit next to President Obama on a plane...only 31% would sit next to Willard)

I wouldn't mind sitting next to Mittens on a plane. First of all it would probably be a private jet. You wouldn't have to waste any time with TSA dweebs getting on it. Secondly because it was a private jet..you would probably be flying off to some place interesting.. Thirdly Romney is a pussy rich kid and as soon as he opened his pie hole you would only have to give him a look in the eye like you had broken chicken necks on squids like him before and he would look away and not bother you. In fact he would probably immediately become your in flight bitch and you could have him fetch ya champaign and other treats of the rich and famous. I would just let the pilot drop him off at his cult retreat or whatever and take the plane somewhere REAL interesting.

And where would that interesting place be? Maybe go and pick up Obama to go off for an afternoon at a golf course.

Last edited:

I've never had a problem with Steve Jobs or Richard Branson's wealth. Of course, they actually produced something rather than just diverting already existing wealth into their own pockets.

What do you think Romney would do to get the economy rolling? Load us up with more debt, cash out early, raid our pensions and then lay off our citizens? That's been his recipe for success so far.

Remind me what Branson produced, other than records. His record of dirty tricks, questionable legality, etc is worse than Romney's.
Whatever Romney did, it woudl work. As oppsoed to what we have now.

[

The fact that you dont understand Americans is not surprising.
People who voted for Obama voted against their own economic interests. How well would he have done promising 8-% unemployment, record low workforce participation, US debt downgrades, trashing the rule of law, and record low GDP growth?

All that happened before Obama got there, and really, nothing McCain would have done would have changed it.

YOu are the one who insists up and down that the business of business was to make a profit, not to employ people. Okay, fine, let's grant that as the premise of the economic system you think works.

No matter who is president, when these bloodsuckers figured they could get people to work harder for less money, that's what they did. And it wouldn't have mattered who was in the White House.

In fact, Obama kept things from getting worse, if anything.

Remind me what Branson produced, other than records. His record of dirty tricks, questionable legality, etc is worse than Romney's.

You mean other than a cell phone service and an air line and even dabbling in civilian space flight. What has Branson produced... Um... quite a lot, actually.

When Romney got into an elected office, he had the worst job growth record in the country save three other impoverished states. His net job gain after four years was less than 40,000 jobs in a state of millions.

[

People who voted for Obama voted against their own economic interests. How well would he have done promising 8-% unemployment, record low workforce participation, US debt downgrades, trashing the rule of law, and record low GDP growth?

All that happened before Obama got there, and really, nothing McCain would have done would have changed it.

YOu are the one who insists up and down that the business of business was to make a profit, not to employ people. Okay, fine, let's grant that as the premise of the economic system you think works.

No matter who is president, when these bloodsuckers figured they could get people to work harder for less money, that's what they did. And it wouldn't have mattered who was in the White House.

So the bad economy is not Obama's fault? Really? He hasn't been the president for 3 years already?
Quit sucking his large Negro penis and stick your head in a newspaper sometime.

You mean other than a cell phone service and an air line and even dabbling in civilian space flight. What has Branson produced... Um... quite a lot, actually.

When Romney got into an elected office, he had the worst job growth record in the country save three other impoverished states. His net job gain after four years was less than 40,000 jobs in a state of millions.
So Branson hasn't produced anything. Got it.

Romney wasn't responsible for job growth. Same as Obama is not responsible for job growth.
WHich is it, nutjob?

Besides records, a cell phone network, an airline and now a spaceline.

[

So the bad economy is not Obama's fault? Really? He hasn't been the president for 3 years already?

Wow, you know for a homophobe, you just can't stop th inking about gay sex, eh?

Kind of like a vegetarian who can't stop thinking about meat.

for the record, I look at what things were like in 2008, when Bush crashed the economy, and yeah, we are better off. The Dow is at near 13K, (as opposed to being at about 7000 in January 2009) corporate profits are up, and the GDP is growing, albeit slowly.

Everyone else you mentioned can speak and relate to the average person. Romney simply can't. (which is why, in a recent poll, 57% of likely voters said they would want to sit next to President Obama on a plane...only 31% would sit next to Willard)

I wouldn't mind sitting next to Mittens on a plane. First of all it would probably be a private jet. You wouldn't have to waste any time with TSA dweebs getting on it. Secondly because it was a private jet..you would probably be flying off to some place interesting.. Thirdly Romney is a pussy rich kid and as soon as he opened his pie hole you would only have to give him a look in the eye like you had broken chicken necks on squids like him before and he would look away and not bother you. In fact he would probably immediately become your in flight bitch and you could have him fetch ya champaign and other treats of the rich and famous. I would just let the pilot drop him off at his cult retreat or whatever and take the plane somewhere REAL interesting.

And where would that interesting place be? Maybe go and pick up Obama to go off for an afternoon at a golf course.

Sure...why not...That would be a thousand times more interesting than playing golf with Mittens. AND I wouldn't have to keep an eye on Obama so he wouldn't cheat.. Willard...not so much...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9mRvI36WHM]Cheating at the Charity Golf Tournament (Funny Beer Commercial) - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, you know for a homophobe, you just can't stop th inking about gay sex, eh?

Kind of like a vegetarian who can't stop thinking about meat.

for the record, I look at what things were like in 2008, when Bush crashed the economy, and yeah, we are better off. The Dow is at near 13K, (as opposed to being at about 7000 in January 2009) corporate profits are up, and the GDP is growing, albeit slowly.

IOW, "the private sector is doing just fine."
LOL.

I think most of the attacks "from the left" on how Romney acquired his money have been on point.

Now, yeah, it would be nice if we had a Bill Gates running. I can respect Bill Gates in that he made his money making cool products that have made all of our lives better. (Drilling down into his other practices, like intentionally driving rivals out of business, is another matter.) BIll was an average guy who started a business in his garage. He gets it.

Romney? Born on third base and thought he hit a triple. Went into companies and looted them for the assets. WHen he says things like "I like to be able to fire people" or "I'm unemployed, too.", he just shows that he doesn't get what this recession has done to average folks.

Bill Gates made his money ripping off Wozniak and Jobs!! He's a fucking thief who stole the work of his 2 'best friends' and cashed in on their brilliance.

Bill Fucking Gates is a FRAUD!!!

I think most of the attacks "from the left" on how Romney acquired his money have been on point.

Now, yeah, it would be nice if we had a Bill Gates running. I can respect Bill Gates in that he made his money making cool products that have made all of our lives better. (Drilling down into his other practices, like intentionally driving rivals out of business, is another matter.) BIll was an average guy who started a business in his garage. He gets it.

Romney? Born on third base and thought he hit a triple. Went into companies and looted them for the assets. WHen he says things like "I like to be able to fire people" or "I'm unemployed, too.", he just shows that he doesn't get what this recession has done to average folks.

Bill Gates made his money ripping off Wozniak and Jobs!! He's a fucking thief who stole the work of his 2 'best friends' and cashed in on their brilliance.

Knowing something and successfully marketing something are not the same somethings.

Don't be bitter. Just do it better. I worked for Gates for a few months. I believe he is exceedingly fair. He is about PROMOTING the idea..the advancement...not himself as Jobs was. I helped build Gates compound in Media. He has no butler or live in housekeeper or maid. How do I know this? Because there is no place in all that space for them to sleep. He actually, for all his wealth, lives very modestly. He has no yaghts..no fleet of biz jets..
The only "extra" room built in is for the nanny.. Oh..and about twenty x-FBI types for security. :lol: There are two very nice spare bedrooms for special invites aside from the average medium to large three story condo size he lives in, but the whole rest of the compound is for large groups to gather and promote his ventures. Well ..there is the lavish personal movie theater and huge indoor swimming pool.. and the mega huge underground doomsday bunker...:lol:m 50 car garage... :lol: (We dubbed it the Bat Cave)..

He knew how to market it and Jobs didn't.

Macs never really took off until the I-Phone.

Which brings up an important point. The only reason why Apple survived was because the government hit Microsoft with anti-trust lawsuits in the 1990's.

So are you actually admitting the government in the marketplace is a good thing?

He knew how to market it and Jobs didn't.

Macs never really took off until the I-Phone.

Which brings up an important point. The only reason why Apple survived was because the government hit Microsoft with anti-trust lawsuits in the 1990's.

So are you actually admitting the government in the marketplace is a good thing?

Correctamudo. Jobs couldn't even maintain control over his own company and they gave him the boot. If anything it says more about what Jobs couldn't do than Gates who didn't go out and find someone that would stab him in the back like Jobs first picks did. There are a thousand inventors out there for every one that so much as invents the no-no machine. *It don't mean a thing if ya can't find that bling.

*HUGGY quote for the day...you may use it with permission ...

With Willard, it's not just that he's wealthy, we've had wealthy Presidential candidates before (although he is the wealthiest since Steve Forbes ran in 2000), it's that he is out of touch.

Those other candidates did not display the extreme out-of-touchidness that Willard displays almost every time he or his wife speaks.

We've even had Presidents and Presidential candidates that were born into their wealth, like Mittens, that did not seem as out of touch as Willard. The Kennedy family is a prime example, but I think military service had something to do with their ability to relate to the "average guy". The Bush family too.

Willard was born rich, has always been rich and will always be rich. He's spent his whole life surrounded by wealth and the wealthy and just doesn't know how to relate to those of us who are not one of the 3,140 richest people in America.

Will being a privileged wealthy businessman make him a good President? How has that worked out in the past?

Which is no different than any of the other people running for president. Obama can't relate to the 'average' person either. What do you think relating is going t do for them anyway?
Politicians are not in touch with the average person none of them not Romney, or Obama or Bush, Clinton, H.W. Bush, Reagan, Carter some just put on a better act about it than other's.

Ah yes, the king of bullshit. The random poll that says people would rather hang out with Obama than Romney. Worthless. I would rather hank out with one of my coworkers or my neighbor but I would not vote them into the presidency. I don't want to hang out with the president, I want him to lead the country.

Romney? Born on third base and thought he hit a triple. Went into companies and looted them for the assets. When he says things like "I like to be able to fire people" or "I'm unemployed, too.", he just shows that he doesn't get what this recession has done to average folks.
I SPECIFICALLY separated the 'how he made his money' with the he is rich complaints. This thread is not about your asinine and baseless claims about where his money came from. That horse has been beat to death. It is about then recent shift from that to simply bitching about the fact that Romney is rich at all.

Forum List

Back