Romney's Brutal Last Three Weeks

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
All campaigns have their ups and downs, but the last three weeks for Mitt Romney have been about as brutal as we can remember for any presidential candidate, especially this close to the election. First, the biggest speech of Romney’s life got overshadowed by the Clint Eastwood stunt.

Then came President Obama’s significant bounce in the polls after the two political conventions.

After that, Romney found himself on the defensive for his reaction to embassy attacks in Egypt and Libya. Next, Politico reported about infighting and disorganization inside the Romney campaign.

Finally, all of these events were capped off yesterday by the surreptitiously recorded video of Romney -- provided to the liberal magazine Mother Jones and later to NBC News -- telling wealthy donors that “47%” of the country “who are dependent on government” and “who believe they are victims” will vote for Obama no matter what. What is so potentially deadly about this video is the timing, because it comes as the Romney campaign was already viewed to be behind and in crisis.

Back in late July, we wrote that the presidential contest had entered halftime with Obama leading, 14-13. Now after the 3rd Quarter (the Ryan pick, the conventions, and post-convention period), Obama has scored two uncontested touchdowns, bringing it to 28-13. And now we head to the 4th Quarter (the debates).

First Thoughts: Romney's brutal last three weeks - First Read

Nothing brutal about it in reality ... Obama is the one that has it brutal. If the media were honest you would understand. So I don't blame you for not knowing.

Obama got 4 more dead guys but Romney had a "brutal 3 weeks"

LOL

Amazing

I told you Libs were happy that the Ambassador was outright whacked and not held hostage because that would have taken longer to sweep under the rug

LOL

Amazing

I told you Libs were happy that the Ambassador was outright whacked and not held hostage because that would have taken longer to sweep under the rug

Obama can never come close to Bush's 7,500 DEATH toll. 9/11/Iraq/Afghanistan AND Katrina.

LOL

Amazing

Obama can never come close to Bush's 7,500 DEATH toll. 9/11/Iraq/Afghanistan AND Katrina.

Katrina? Oh you mean Karl Rove's Hurricane machine to destroy the levees, right?

All campaigns have their ups and downs, but the last three weeks for Mitt Romney have been about as brutal as we can remember for any presidential candidate, especially this close to the election. First, the biggest speech of Romney’s life got overshadowed by the Clint Eastwood stunt.

Then came President Obama’s significant bounce in the polls after the two political conventions.

After that, Romney found himself on the defensive for his reaction to embassy attacks in Egypt and Libya. Next, Politico reported about infighting and disorganization inside the Romney campaign.

Finally, all of these events were capped off yesterday by the surreptitiously recorded video of Romney -- provided to the liberal magazine Mother Jones and later to NBC News -- telling wealthy donors that “47%” of the country “who are dependent on government” and “who believe they are victims” will vote for Obama no matter what. What is so potentially deadly about this video is the timing, because it comes as the Romney campaign was already viewed to be behind and in crisis.

Back in late July, we wrote that the presidential contest had entered halftime with Obama leading, 14-13. Now after the 3rd Quarter (the Ryan pick, the conventions, and post-convention period), Obama has scored two uncontested touchdowns, bringing it to 28-13. And now we head to the 4th Quarter (the debates).

First Thoughts: Romney's brutal last three weeks - First Read

ll
7fb3060ef6ace47bc30ff87755bfe033.gif

Romney had a brutal few weeks that brought him within 1% of Obama in the polls?

That's hilarious.

LOL

Amazing

So you think death and dead people is a competition douchebag? I highly doubt even Obama would want a supporter as ignorant as you. Classless asshole!

Last edited:
Nothing brutal about it in reality ... Obama is the one that has it brutal. If the media were honest you would understand. So I don't blame you for not knowing.

Blaming the media for Romney's troubles is really wimpy. And he is indeed the one that has had a brutal three weeks, not the prez. I understand just fine what is going on. Nice try though. Your candidate really sucks!!! Sorry.

LOL

Amazing

So you think death and dead people is a competition douchebag? I highly doubt even Obama would want a supporter as ignorant as you. Classless asshole!

You send an absolutely worthless post and then have the nerve to call someone else a classless asshole??? You are a complete jerk,

Conservatives are such bad sports!!!! Are you people ever going to grow up??

Forum List

Back