Romney's Brokaw ad

knowing what we know now? frankly its way out of line, its a borderline lie.

interesting though in that I might wager the ranch that brokaw never made any type of restitution ala clearing Gingrich on air, when the irs made their ruling.

Its also interesting in seeing this, then brokaws non reading out of say bill Clinton or similarly highly posted dems....etc.....

why is the actual ad not linked?:eusa_eh:is it in there? I could not find one...

It's history.

What are the grounds for objection?

If there ever was an "if Romney doesn't do it, Obama will" example, this is it.

Last edited:
the ad is here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cuNkI7pzLM&feature=player_embedded]History Lesson - YouTube[/ame]

and gingrich was cleared by the IRS in 1999. I don't like him, but thats that. Romney using this is over the line imho.

It's history.

What are the grounds for objection?

If there ever was an "if Romney doesn't do it, Obama will" example, this is it.

Bingo for true girl.

Proctology 101.

Whoever makes it thru will be seriously a winner.

Now I've been playing on the other side. I'm not liking how they are going to try to ruin Mitt.

I'll give you data and links tomorrow. They are evil. I just want to be very sure of every link I can give you.

the ad is here

History Lesson - YouTube

and gingrich was cleared by the IRS in 1999. I don't like him, but thats that. Romney using this is over the line imho.

Ok I'll track this down but honest, what I have been on all day is these hits on Newt are not from the Romney camp.

You've got Axelrod. Axelrod the bastard is trying to make it look like Romney is doing all this shit.

Give me a few hours.

the ad is here

History Lesson - YouTube

I'm certainly biased by how much I don't like Newt.

He calls Mitt anti-immigrant, pulls the ad but stands by the comment in interviews and debates. Mitt plays an unedited historical record about a time when Newt embarrassed the party. Right now I'm not feeling sympathetic toward Newt. Maybe after reflection or after more discussion in this thread I'll see it differently.

then don't complain when Obama does it to a gop candidate. *shrugs*

Look this is an Axelrod game. He's blowing his load sooner rather than later though. I love it.

He's jaked early.

And it's never Obama. He's been the pussy whipped idiot from the get go. At least JFK knew he was supposed to be the stooge.

Romney is a cheap shot artist, to be sure.

On the other hand, Gingrich made some pretty damning admissions AT THAT TIME which cleared the path for the House vote against him.

It's one thing to object to a false or misleading ad campaign.

It's a little more difficult to make a case against an ad campaign based on -- the truth.

It is certainly likely to be an EFFECTIVE ad by Romney. In fact, it could be the final straw.

the ad is here

History Lesson - YouTube

I'm certainly biased by how much I don't like Newt.

He calls Mitt anti-immigrant, pulls the ad but stands by the comment in interviews and debates. Mitt plays an unedited historical record about a time when Newt embarrassed the party. Right now I'm not feeling sympathetic toward Newt. Maybe after reflection or after more discussion in this thread I'll see it differently.

The only one that can take it is Mitt.

Here's my take. I watched him take on Utah all his people and all his own on the Olympics.

I watched him do it.

I admire the man. I think he can throw off the McCains and others because I have watched him do it before. I think I can beleive in him.

This is hard for me. I'm inching closer. But I beleive the man is a good man. I think I could trust him with my soul.

knowing what we know now? frankly its way out of line, its a borderline lie.

interesting though in that I might wager the ranch that brokaw never made any type of restitution ala clearing Gingrich on air, when the irs made their ruling.

Its also interesting in seeing this, then brokaws non reading out of say bill Clinton or similarly highly posted dems....etc.....

why is the actual ad not linked?:eusa_eh:is it in there? I could not find one...
I saw it about five times this evening. Maybe it is only being shown in Florida.

Guys were talking about it at the office today saying what an effective ad it is. I hadn't seen it until now.

Of course, if Gingrich is the nominee, the Obama administration is going to spend $900 million of their billion dollars showing these types of clips about Newt because there are so, so many of them.

Guys were talking about it at the office today saying what an effective ad it is. I hadn't seen it until now.

Of course, if Gingrich is the nominee, the Obama administration is going to spend $900 million of their billion dollars showing these types of clips about Newt because there are so, so many of them.

but, but..ampad, mormon, arglebargle, phweeet
:eusa_whistle:

Not seeing how this is at all over the top. It happened. You might have an argument if it was false, but it's not false. it's absolutely true.

Out of line? Over the top? Likely to backfire?

I have mixed feelings about it.

NBC Demands Romney Remove Ad, Brokaw 'Extremely Uncomfortable' - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

First off, the charges that Brokaw talks about were legit and Newt was never exonerated. His non-profit was. He wasn't. Everything presented in the ad is factually correct and Brokaw, as a public news anchorman, should know that anyone can use his image in this way.

Having said that, I totally back Brokaw. His image is being used, legally, but being used to make it appear he supports Romney or is anti-Gingrich. Either way, it hurts Brokaw's reputation as an unbiased news reporter, and that hurts his career.

Not cool by the Romney camp.

NBC Demands Romney Remove Ad, Brokaw 'Extremely Uncomfortable' - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

First off, the charges that Brokaw talks about were legit and Newt was never exonerated. His non-profit was. He wasn't. Everything presented in the ad is factually correct and Brokaw, as a public news anchorman, should know that anyone can use his image in this way.

Having said that, I totally back Brokaw. His image is being used, legally, but being used to make it appear he supports Romney or is anti-Gingrich. Either way, it hurts Brokaw's reputation as an unbiased news reporter, and that hurts his career.

only an idiot would interpret it as an endorsement of romney by brokaw.

only an idiot would interpret it as an endorsement of romney by brokaw.

Im sure some idiots will

This is politics where nothing is over the line. (See Democrat's ad of some Paul Ryan look-a-like pushing grannie over the edge)

Oh yea, screw Tom Brokaw.

Forum List

Back