Romney's basic problem and an excuse for it

1_Old_Man

Jan 26, 2012
I have mentioned here and elsewhere that Romney's basic problem is that he seems to be incapable of telling the truth. With the exception of tax cuts for people like himself, the very very wealthy, the guy flip-flops like a fish from one day to the next. He apparently has no moral compass, no set of values, nothing save his immediate self-interest to guide his positions on various issues. In defense of this a Republican that I have traded words with said this, Romney doesn't flip-flop, he "evolves". I laughed so hard I almost cried.

I have mentioned here and elsewhere that Romney's basic problem is that he seems to be incapable of telling the truth. With the exception of tax cuts for people like himself, the very very wealthy, the guy flip-flops like a fish from one day to the next. He apparently has no moral compass, no set of values, nothing save his immediate self-interest to guide his positions on various issues. In defense of this a Republican that I have traded words with said this, Romney doesn't flip-flop, he "evolves". I laughed so hard I almost cried.

Very good and truthful comment Old_Man. Romney has no moral compass at all and only looks to his own personal interests. I think he only supports more welfare for the 1% because it benefits him the most.

Governor Romney did some 180 degree turns on health care, global warming, and other issues to placate the wingnuts in the GOP. However, in doing so, he alienated a good many independents and moderate Republicans. And earned an appropriate "Etch-a-Sketch" comment from his own campaign personel.

So, we have the 'Conservatives' still not liking him, some may well sit out the election. The Moderates and Independents distrusting him. And the Dems are not going to vote for him in any case. Unless the President has a major screw up before November, it does not look good for the Governor.

Forum List

Back