Romney's basic problem and an excuse for it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 1_Old_Man, Jun 1, 2012.

1. 1_Old_Man

1_Old_Man Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have mentioned here and elsewhere that Romney's basic problem is that he seems to be incapable of telling the truth. With the exception of tax cuts for people like himself, the very very wealthy, the guy flip-flops like a fish from one day to the next. He apparently has no moral compass, no set of values, nothing save his immediate self-interest to guide his positions on various issues. In defense of this a Republican that I have traded words with said this, Romney doesn't flip-flop, he "evolves". I laughed so hard I almost cried.

2. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,105
    Do you laugh as hard when you hear that Obama's position on an issue has "evolved?"

3. jack113

jack113 Jack

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Very good and truthful comment Old_Man. Romney has no moral compass at all and only looks to his own personal interests. I think he only supports more welfare for the 1% because it benefits him the most.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    :lmao:

That is all.

5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,311
    Governor Romney did some 180 degree turns on health care, global warming, and other issues to placate the wingnuts in the GOP. However, in doing so, he alienated a good many independents and moderate Republicans. And earned an appropriate "Etch-a-Sketch" comment from his own campaign personel.

So, we have the 'Conservatives' still not liking him, some may well sit out the election. The Moderates and Independents distrusting him. And the Dems are not going to vote for him in any case. Unless the President has a major screw up before November, it does not look good for the Governor.

6. jack113

jack113 Jack

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    It's hard to get big government republican wannabe dictators to get out of peoples bedrooms. :eusa_hand:

7. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    He's a windsock, but does that make him a liar? Holding 15 different positions on the same issue doesn't make you a liar, just really malleable.