Romney's Bain Lie

Dems want to keep it in the news? I guess that's why Mitten launched the attack ad about it. :lmao:

btw, did he retire or take a leave of absence? Kind of hard to do both. :eusa_hand:

Why does it matter? Why would he need to LIE? I'm surprised you wouldn't be more sensitive to accusing someone of LYING over a miscommunication...
:confused:

We have three different "facts"

1. He took a leave of absence
2. He retired
3. He still was 100% owner

Of course it matters if he's lied.

He was still technically owner of Bain Capital while he took a leave of absence to run the Olympics. A statement was recently issued by Bain, NOT Romney, which characterized that transition period as a retirement.

Dems want to keep it in the news? I guess that's why Mitten launched the attack ad about it. :lmao:

btw, did he retire or take a leave of absence? Kind of hard to do both. :eusa_hand:

Why does it matter? Why would he need to LIE? I'm surprised you wouldn't be more sensitive to accusing someone of LYING over a miscommunication...
:confused:

We have three different "facts"

1. He took a leave of absence
2. He retired
3. He still was 100% owner

Of course it matters if he's lied.
A politician lied? Or may have lied? About something he CAN lie about?

Wow. Ground breaking, indeed.

I'm not all that concerned about THIS lie, IF it is a lie. I am sure there are tons more. I am sure there are tons from Obama, too.

So, maybe I am missing something. How does this affect YOU, or any of us, if he becomes President? Or, in another way, how is this material to much of anything?

I knew it wouldn't be long before wahrrior102 made a homo-erotic reference. Why doesn't he come out of the closet :dunno:

As nice as it was for you to remind us all that Staples put a lot of mom and pop stores out of business and pay their employees minimum wage instead of what they were getting as business owners, this thread is about Mitten lying about his time at Bain.

You're just one cliche after another
What do you think of Romney's lie?

Notice that it is just Mitt's alleged "lies" [sic] that bother the never objective Raving Lunatic.

Meanwhile, before you can ask what anybody thinks of his alleged lies, you'd have to identify some. Your OP didn't, as was already pointed out to you, Raving.

None of these people were rooting for Mitt in the GObP Primaries yet, they defend him tooth & nail now that he's the nominee. Whyisthat? :dunno:

hahahahaha!

To the cons, lies are okay if it is a con lying.

You can't make this stuff up.

I like the ability to have choices in my life. I've fired my insurance agent and several doctors because I didn't like the service. Yes, indeed I like that. Which, of course, was exactly what Mitt Romney was saying in context.

hahahahaha!

Well, I certainly didn't say that.

I know I said I have yet to see a politician - either party, Ravs - who didn't lie.

I know I said that when I see someone treat lies equally, I pay attention.

But, if a lie is material to something, no, I do not brush it off when it comes to politicians (or attorneys). Thus my question about what this Bain/Romney is material to.

And, if you say "honesty" or "integrity" I am just going to laugh about anyone who thinks only politicians of a particular flavor are honest or have integrity.

hahahahaha!

Here's where I saw his *cough* "misspeak" ;)

New questions about when Romney officially left Bain Capital | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
Bain's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission say Romney remained the firm's "sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president" until 2002.
But he didn't know what the company was doing! :lmao:

I liked this from the Boston Globe article on this:

Karmel, the former SEC commissioner, said the contradictory statements could have legal implications in some instances.

“If someone invested with Bain Capital because they believed Mitt Romney was a great fund manager, and it turns out he wasn’t really doing anything, that could be considered a misrepresentation to the investor,’’ she said. “It’s a theory that could be used in a lawsuit against him.”

So was he lying to investors, or to the American people? This seems to indicate that he was lying to America:

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

The Globe found nine SEC filings submitted by four different business entities after February 1999 that describe Romney as Bain Capital’s boss; some show him with managerial control over five Bain Capital entities that were formed in January 2002, according to records in Delaware, where they were incorporated.

So if he wasn't lying to the American people, he lied to the SEC. I don't see any other alternative.

Last edited:
This wasn't answered earlier - so I ask again ----

If anyone has a credible source that shows Mitt Romney personally (that means he did it) outsourcing anything - please post.

The Obama admin is looking for it too.

hahahahaha!

Here's where I saw his *cough* "misspeak" ;)

New questions about when Romney officially left Bain Capital | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
Bain's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission say Romney remained the firm's "sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president" until 2002.

Of course not. He just signed the papers for five new corporations, in a company that he was 100% owner of, and didn't know a thing. Great leadership there.

Of course not. He just signed the papers for five new corporations, in a company that he was 100% owner of, and didn't know a thing. Great leadership there.
His last year as Governor shows him spending a whooping 212 days out of the state. I guess he didn't know what was going on in MA either!

What! We have a health care plan called romneycare???:D

The Globe also reports that Romney's financial disclosure forms filed in Massachusetts list him as the sole owner of Bain Capital in 2002 and say he earned money as a Bain "executive" in 2001 and 2002.

The timing is notable because Romney has said his resignation from the company in 1999 meant he was not responsible for companies owned by Bain that went bankrupt or laid off workers after that date. But both Bain Capital and the Romney campaign disputed the story, the latter describing the article as "inaccurate."

list him as the sole owner of Bain Capital in 2002 ...

Sheriff Arpaio in Arizona has the sells receipt ... photo copy from Hawaii.

Forum List

Back