Romney's Bain Lie

Video: US election 2012: Mitt Romney's 'I like to fire people' gaffe draws fire from opponents - Telegraph

Mitt Romney likes to fire people ...

"I like to be able to fire people who provide services to me."

Romney's Bain Lie

Romney likes firing people - while keeping his job for himself.

In November we get to fire Obama and give that job to Mitt

Not going to happen.

It's going to be 2008 all over again.

Do some research and come back and tell me how the Mittens is doing with the Hispanic, African American, and middle class vote.

Don't bet your life savings on a low turnout by these people in November OK :up_yours:

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain three years longer than he claimed: As we’ve previously noted, Mitt Romney twice told the Government Ethics Office that he left Bain Capital in February 1999, but there has been plenty of evidence suggesting otherwise. When he left Bain is a critical question, both because a different date than the one he claimed could mean he lied on official forms, and also because Romney has used the early departure date to insulate himself from attacks on Bain’s practices during the early 2000s.

But the Boston Globe reports today that Romney stayed on a full three years longer at Bain than he has claimed. Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed the in the years after 1999 list Romney as the “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” of Bain. And a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002.

Romney’s Bain lie - Salon.com

And the Romney campaign wants to change some of those awful terms that are being used about him.

It's not called "Corporate Raiding" if Mitt does it. It's called "Profit Actualization".

See how simple that is?

You don't Even know what Cooperate Raiding is. You act as if Bain did Hostile Takeovers, Which of course is NOT POSSIBLE as a private Equity Firm, the Companies they invested in were not even publicly Traded, that is why they were borrowing money from a Private Equity firm and not just selling stocks to raise money.

To funny, You guys never play with facts.

Okay..

Really?

"Cooperate" raiding?

Seriously?

Aside from your spelling errors..corporate raiding isn't necessarily hostile.

You really should step away from FOX and bone up on reality.

Hey, WariorIQOf02: Here's your credible proof:
Government documents indicate Mitt Romney continued at Bain after date when he says he left - Politics - The Boston Globe

If Romney was at Bain after 1999, he most DEFINITELY was behind the outsourcing. I love how the Conservatives in this thread have no possible way to defend the lie itself, so they use tried and true deflection tactics to try and spin this onto Obama. More and more, it's looking like Mitt's shadiness is going to start causing more and more trouble for his campaign.

You just know in the debates that Obama's team is going to have a few really critical points and questions tee'd up about all this. And this won't be a GOP primary debate, loaded with mouth-foaming Tea Baggers. This will be on national TV in front of tons of independent voters. And unless Mittens has a way better story by then, it'll cost him BIG.

Equivocate all you want, Ring Wingnuts, but you guys picked the wrong horse to hitch your "FUCK BARACK OBAMA" wagon to. As it turns out, you probably had a better chance with Ron Paul. It'll still be close because Conservatives hate Obama so much so they'll get out and vote, but if more stories like this pop up, and if he doesn't explain the multiple offshore accounts well enough, and if he doesn't release enough tax forms, he's toast.

In the post-Bush II world, super-rich smarmy douchebags don't play as presidents.

It's "ground breaking", they swear.

*yawn

Keep pretending no one else cares about this story. That's fine.
Oh, I have no doubt folks care about the story of a politician allegedly lying. :lol: When folks care about teammates lying is when it won't be a snoozer to me.

For now, though, perhaps I misjudged this topic. It might actually have entertainment value after all. :thup:

And the Romney campaign wants to change some of those awful terms that are being used about him.

It's not called "Corporate Raiding" if Mitt does it. It's called "Profit Actualization".

See how simple that is?

You don't Even know what Cooperate Raiding is. You act as if Bain did Hostile Takeovers, Which of course is NOT POSSIBLE as a private Equity Firm, the Companies they invested in were not even publicly Traded, that is why they were borrowing money from a Private Equity firm and not just selling stocks to raise money.

To funny, You guys never play with facts.

Okay..

Really?

"Cooperate" raiding?

Seriously?

Aside from your spelling errors..corporate raiding isn't necessarily hostile.

You really should step away from FOX and bone up on reality.

Sure, a delusional Hack telling me I need to Bone up on Reality.

To Rich.

You and you ilk on the left are attempting to distort Bains Record.

You are a joke

The best you have is to accusing me of a spelling error for an obvious Typo, and call me crazy.

Bain has a very good Record, 80% success Rate. A True Wealth and Job Creator of the Private sector, and you guys hate that. Period.

Last edited:

*yawn

Dems just reeeally need to keep all this Bain baloney in the news. Mitt had answered to certain political attacks regarding particular Bain activities during a time period when he was on a leave of absence to run the Olympics. Now, they are trying to play gotcha in retrospect over a misunderstanding and now add a technicality with an implication but without any real merit.

According to a statement issued by Bain Wednesday, “Mitt Romney retired from Bain Capital in February 1999. He has had no involvement in the management or investment activities of Bain Capital, or with any of its portfolio companies, since that time.”

A former SEC commissioner told the Globe that the SEC documents listing Romney as Bain’s chief executive between 1999 and 2002 cannot be dismissed so easily.

In Romney’s 2002 race for governor, he testified before the state Ballot Law Commission that his separation from Bain in 1999 had been a “leave of absence” and not a final departure.

http://bostonglobe.com/news/politic...n-says-left/IpfKYWjnrsel4pvCFbsUTI/story.html

Last edited:

*yawn

Dems just reeeally need to keep all this Bain baloney in the news. Mitt had answered to certain political attacks regarding particular Bain activities during a time period when he was on a leave of absence to run the Olympics. Now, they are trying to play gotcha in retrospect over a misunderstanding and now add a technicality with an implication but without any real merit.

According to a statement issued by Bain Wednesday, “Mitt Romney retired from Bain Capital in February 1999. He has had no involvement in the management or investment activities of Bain Capital, or with any of its portfolio companies, since that time.”

A former SEC commissioner told the Globe that the SEC documents listing Romney as Bain’s chief executive between 1999 and 2002 cannot be dismissed so easily.

In Romney’s 2002 race for governor, he testified before the state Ballot Law Commission that his separation from Bain in 1999 had been a “leave of absence” and not a final departure.

Dems want to keep it in the news? I guess that's why Mitten launched the attack ad about it. :lmao:

btw, did he retire or take a leave of absence? Kind of hard to do both. :eusa_hand:

conz spazzing-out on this thread. Wonder why? :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Because they know their guy is getting his ass handed to him in his own words.

578822_494969223863063_49086830_n.jpg

*yawn

Dems want to keep it in the news? I guess that's why Mitten launched the attack ad about it. :lmao:

btw, did he retire or take a leave of absence? Kind of hard to do both. :eusa_hand:

Why does it matter? Why would he need to LIE? I'm surprised you wouldn't be more sensitive to accusing someone of LYING over a miscommunication...

Why does it matter? Why would he need to LIE? I'm surprised you wouldn't be more sensitive to accusing someone of LYING over a miscommunication...
:confused:

We have three different "facts"

1. He took a leave of absence
2. He retired
3. He still was 100% owner

Of course it matters if he's lied.

Forum List

Back