Romneycare vs. Obamacare.............

Does that mean I should tell grandma not to get sick while Mitt's figuring out how to muddle through until his reforms kick in circa 2023? This guy's in over his head.

It means you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground as to what Medicares 'insolvency date' was 'moved' to.

It means you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground as to what Medicares 'insolvency date' was 'moved' to.

:) Still waiting to hear what's happening between 2016 and 2023. That stands to be a long several years.

The same thing that always happens, of course. It is already insolvent, you know.

Need proof? How do you think those 'doctor fixes' get paid? They come out of the general taxpayer fund.

Medicare continues to be more and more insolvent, and crashes, unless we elect Romney / Ryan and a Republican Congress to address it.

Need proof? How do you think those 'doctor fixes' get paid? They come out of the general taxpayer fund.

Physician services are Part B, the primarily premium-financed component of Medicare.

We're talking about the hospital insurance trust fund, Part A (the primarily payroll tax-funded portion).

Sounds like Romney could use you on his policy staff.

The primary goal of RomneyCare was to provide all citizens in MA with access to affordable health insurance and to eliminate the "free riders" who expected the government or taxpayers to pay for their health care.

6 - Romney wanted to control costs by having everyone, even the poorest of citizens, pay some portion of their premiums for their health insurance. But the current law gives it to the poor absolutely free. Romney also argues that giving healthcare absolutely free to poor citizens creates a strong incentive for people - particularly the unhealthy - to move into the state. Imagine the increased costs "free" healthcare creates for the Government.

MA received an additional $385 million per year of extra health care funds from the federal government that no other state received
RomneyCare - The Truth about Massachusetts Health Care | Mitt Romney Central

The whole Pub default health system has been doubling in cost every 8 years for 30 years- GREAT- for greedy Pub Big Health. What a huge pile of Pubcrappe- let's keep it going, moron Pub dupes...

Here's the official response by the Romney/Ryan Team- go to the link below for full memo...

Nothing in there quite answers the question of what happens to seniors between 2016, when Romney bankrupts Medicare, and 2023, when he gives newbies a voucher. Perhaps their policy wizards are still trying to "figure something out"?

You are living the Liberal Lie.

The solvency date has never changed, regardless of what they told you to regurgitate in your Talking Point Memo.

If fact, the solvency situation can only get worse now that Obama has gouged Medicare for current seniors by a whopping $700+ billion.

If he did "gourge" medicare, senior don't feel the pain. I am better off because the donut hole is closed and everything else is the same. I got a new power chair my doctor order that cost $26,000 and I pay nothing for prescriptions and see any doctor I want wheneve I want,etc The $780 billion did not hurt seniors at all. My understanding is it is medicar waste, fraud and abuse. Oh,yes my Copaxone for my MS cost $1300 a month. I pay nothing. Cannot bet any better than nothing and I don't hear any of my elderly friend complain. Voucher will be a different story, my children will pay with blood.

ObamaCare does not reduce anyone’s Medicare benefits, and it’s dishonest to say it does

The Medicare savings in ObamaCare come in three roughly-equal parts. About 35% of the savings comes from paying lower reimbursements to hospitals, which accepted this deal because they know they will have a lot more insured customers who will make up for any loss in profits. About 30% of the savings came from tightening up the private insurance known as Medicare Advantage.

And the remaining 35% of savings comes from an assortment of changes, including less compensatory money for hospitals who treat a high level of the uninsured (because there will be a lot fewer uninsured people soon).

In other words, the Affordable Care and Patient Protection Act made Medicare a lot more efficient, but it didn’t do anything to reduce anyone’s Medicare benefits.
ObamaCare does not reduce anyone’s Medicare benefits, and it’s dishonest to say it does – Applesauce - Rockford, IL - Rockford Register Star

Here's the official response by the Romney/Ryan Team- go to the link below for full memo...

Nothing in there quite answers the question of what happens to seniors between 2016, when Romney bankrupts Medicare, and 2023, when he gives newbies a voucher. Perhaps their policy wizards are still trying to "figure something out"?

From the full memo.... Seems pretty clear to me. Repeal of Obamacare solves the problem....

........Repeal of President Obama’s $716 billion in Medicare cuts that slash provider payments and Medicare Advantage and threaten seniors’ access to care. Once Obamacare has been wiped off the books, America can move forward with patient-centered health care reforms that improve access and control cost, as well as with entitlement reform that protects Medicare for current seniors while strengthening it for future generations.

Romney and Ryan also believe that we must act to reduce waste, fraud, and abuse throughout the federal government, including within Medicare. That is why, in the same speech where he outlined his fiscal plan that included the repeal of Obamacare and reforms to Medicare, Governor Romney also highlighted the need to tackle improper payments. Similarly, the broader Romney-Ryan health care reforms to control costs throughout the system — e.g., greater choice and competition, tort reform, the block grant of Medicaid, etc. — will lead to lower costs for Medicare as well. But savings must come from lower prices in the marketplace, not from the government cutting support for the coverage and care on which seniors are depending.

So to be clear, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan have the same vision for the future of Medicare. The plan put forward by Governor Romney in November 2011, and the bipartisan one put forward in December 2012, take the same approach that (a) makes no changes to Medicare for those over 55; (b) starting in 2022, transitions Medicare to a premium support model with competitive bidding to determine support levels, (c) offers traditional Medicare as an option competing in that system, and (d) means-tests the premium support so that lower-income seniors receive the most generous assistance.

In the short-term, Romney and Ryan both believe that Obamacare must be repealed in its entirety, and they both believe that savings realized in Medicare must be preserved for the Medicare trust fund. The only “difference” in their approaches has been that the House Budget authored by Congressman Ryan uses the post-Obamacare baseline for Medicare spending for the ten-year budget window whereas Governor Romney’s budget uses a pre-Obamacare baseline. But the principles are the same: repeal Obamacare, prevent the President’s raid of Medicare, and pursue the long-term reforms they have both outlined to strengthen the program for future generations.

Only President Obama threatens access to care for seniors and cuts off the insurance plans that millions rely on, all to pay for a federal takeover of the health care system that barely affects seniors. If he believes this is the right approach, he should defend it instead of refusing to even acknowledge that it is what he has done.

From the full memo.... Seems pretty clear to me. Repeal of Obamacare solves the problem....

Repeal of Obamacare is the problem. That's what accelerates Medicare spending, exhausts the trust fund faster, and puts Medicare back on the path it was on pre-ACA. That's why the insolvency date reverts back to 2016 (instead of 2024 or 2029), its pre-ACA value.

Repeal of Obamacare is the problem. That's what accelerates Medicare spending, exhausts the trust fund faster, and puts Medicare back on the path it was on pre-ACA. That's why the insolvency date reverts back to 2016 (instead of 2024 or 2029), its pre-ACA value.

Yeah, sure. it does. Obama steals nearly a trillion$$ from the program so he can "save" it. Yeah, that's the ticket!! :cuckoo:

Next you'll remind us how "according to the CBO" Obamacare cuts the deficit!! Ya see, it's simple. Use 10 years of tax collection to pay for 6 years of beneifts!! Presto!! It's a money saver!!! Sorry Greenshill, that shit ain't flyin' anymore. Maybe you can sell crazy somewhere else?

Why are you worried anyway, shillbeard? Obama can't lose, right?

:lol:

Yeah, sure. it does. Obama steals nearly a trillion$$ from the program so he can "save" it. Yeah, that's the ticket!! :cuckoo:

Obamacare slows the growth of Medicare expenditures, which is why the lifetime of the trust fund is extended in the first place. Ryan adopted Obama's savings as his own to make his reforms work, Romney has pledged to reject them. Which is why his plan doesn't work.

Obamacare slows the growth of Medicare expenditures, which is why the lifetime of the trust fund is extended in the first place. Ryan adopted Obama's savings as his own to make his reforms work, Romney has pledged to reject them. Which is why his plan doesn't work.
You live in a fantasy land...:cuckoo: In what alternate reality do Medical providers agree to do more work for less pay? Obama cuts payments to medical providers. That will mean fewer providers accepting Medicare payments, and that means worse care for people who rely upon Medicare.

You live in a fantasy land...:cuckoo: In what alternate reality do Medical providers agree to do more work for less pay?

A world in which the incentives for needless volume and inefficiency are replaced by financial incentives for delivery structures that offer higher quality care more efficiently. There's a boatload of Medicare reform going on right now to enable cost growth to slow over the next several years.

:badgrin:so the trust fund will go broke in 2024, thank you.

BUT- as zander stated, collecting 10 years of taxes and paying benefits for 6 will make obamcare budget neutral?

you just blew yourself up in this series of posts, because you argued for gosh, 2 years that obamacare would solve this issue.....thank you, this was quite enjoyable. :lol:

Forum List

Back