Romney

Actually, the more I see and learn of him and his family, the more I like him. I think he would end up being a great leader, but one facing tremedous challenges in the future of this nation. I believe the divide has reached near "fighting" proportions in our country.

But the question is, why is there a divide at all?

My problem with Romney (besides my mistrust of his religion) is that he looks at the decline in the middle class that has been wrought in the last 30 years as a good thing. Cut those union wages and benefits so investors can have more. Send jobs overseas. Replace people with machines. Do Six Sigma to squeeze the last ounce of productivity out of an overstressed underpaid worker. And the promise is, we will all be investors, so it will work out.

But no, not really. I keep a copy of my 401K statement from Q4 2008 to show the lie to that statement.

When you dismantle the middle class, you make people more dependent on government. When the working poor have to get food stamps and section 8 vouchers and medicare to get the things their parents used to earn with a good paying job, you get people who will vote for more government.

The GOP's position has not to correct this problem. Their Wall Street Sugar Daddies won't hear of that. Nope. Instead what they do is find other issues to keep working folks mad at each other. Gay marriage, abortion, guns, "War on Christmas".

Unfortunately, the cabal that seems to have existed between both new Democrats and establishment Republicans, leading the rise in government spending, played equally to the bankers and Wall Street elites. The current regime shows that it is no different, and someone new is needed over the current administration.

Actually, the more I see and learn of him and his family, the more I like him. I think he would end up being a great leader, but one facing tremedous challenges in the future of this nation. I believe the divide has reached near "fighting" proportions in our country.

But the question is, why is there a divide at all?

My problem with Romney (besides my mistrust of his religion) is that he looks at the decline in the middle class that has been wrought in the last 30 years as a good thing. Cut those union wages and benefits so investors can have more. Send jobs overseas. Replace people with machines. Do Six Sigma to squeeze the last ounce of productivity out of an overstressed underpaid worker. And the promise is, we will all be investors, so it will work out.

But no, not really. I keep a copy of my 401K statement from Q4 2008 to show the lie to that statement.

When you dismantle the middle class, you make people more dependent on government. When the working poor have to get food stamps and section 8 vouchers and medicare to get the things their parents used to earn with a good paying job, you get people who will vote for more government.

The GOP's position has not to correct this problem. Their Wall Street Sugar Daddies won't hear of that. Nope. Instead what they do is find other issues to keep working folks mad at each other. Gay marriage, abortion, guns, "War on Christmas".

Unfortunately, the cabal that seems to have existed between both new Democrats and establishment Republicans, leading the rise in government spending, played equally to the bankers and Wall Street elites. The current regime shows that it is no different, and someone new is needed over the current administration.

The problem is not that the government spends too much. In fact, 90% of what the government spends really can't be reduced. The problem is, in the quest to destroy the middle class and give huge tax breaks to the wealthy, the system has created more dependency while generating less revenue.

The TEA Party whining that "my taxes are too high" doesn't solve this problem.

Fact is, under Clinton, we had it about right. We had full employment, and the government was taking in more than it was spending. More to the point, it was the only time in the last four decades we saw any real increase in middle class wages.

The business acumen he has does more harm than good. How, specifically, will he undo the damage that's already been done.

Are you ever going to support your assertions ?

This is a debate zone, not an opinion zone.

Forum List

Back