Romney - yeah or nay?

Feb 15, 2004
What do fellow republicans think of Mitt Romney? There is talk of course that he is thinking of running in the next election.

I for one do not like him. I can't really say why but I never did. Even when he ran against our gem of a senator Kennedy. I actually considered not voting because I did not like Romney and I will never vote for Kennedy.

Quite frankly I dont know him well enough to make a decision. I know he did an excellent job with the Olympics out in Utah while I was there. So I know he can get things done.

winston churchi said:
What do fellow republicans think of Mitt Romney? There is talk of course that he is thinking of running in the next election.

I for one do not like him. I can't really say why but I never did. Even when he ran against our gem of a senator Kennedy. I actually considered not voting because I did not like Romney and I will never vote for Kennedy.

Was he also involved with the Utah Olympics scandal? If he is who I am thinking about...well geez..do ya really want more scandal?

archangel said:
Was he also involved with the Utah Olympics scandal? If he who is who I am thinking about...well geez..do ya really want more scandal?

No. He actually took over after the scandal died down.

Isn't he the guy who owns the Staples Office Supplies stores? Or maybe that's once owned Staples Office Supplies? I would have to know how he stood on the issues. Can't believe anyone who could be elected Governor of Massachusetts would appeal to me.

He owns or did own or started Staples yes.

I cannot say why but for some reason I do not like him. As now there is word that he is thinking of running.
I guess I think of him as a republican version of Kennedy. A wealthy man who is out of touch (once he said that during a champ. he got his hands dirty helping the poor - this was when running for the senate.) He owns a mansion in New Hampshire on the water (vs Kenneyds on Cape Cod) -does he avoid paying taxes on it like Kenneyd? That I do not know.

Forum List

Back