Romney wins popular vote, but Obama wins Electoral votes?

tresbigdog

Oct 5, 2012
I actually alluded to that happening last month on my Facebook page. A friend just text me and told me that the buzz this morning is that experts are considering that a strong possibility. Has anyone else heard that today on TV?

Happened in 2000, Gore won by a half a million votes but republicans didn't seem to bitch about it then, maybe this time they will get behind efforts to circumvent the electoral college on a state-by-state level.

Happened in 2000, Gore won by a half a million votes but republicans didn't seem to bitch about it then, maybe this time they will get behind efforts to circumvent the electoral college on a state-by-state level.

Yeah but if it had been a popular vote that controlled the outcome in 2000 they would have had to count all the vote and then do a recount of all the votes. Imagine that cluster.

Do list the Democrats that "got behind that".

it's an interesting issue, you should probably bone up on it.

I do not usually post links but here's one for you.

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's odd. I don't see any list of Democrat names there. I see a link that anyone could have found...but no names. :confused:

Doubtful, we are a federal republic...EVERY state gets a say in the election of our president.

That's odd. I don't see any list of Democrat names there. I see a link that anyone could have found...but no names. :confused:

States enacting legislation include:
1 Maryland 10 April 10, 2007
2 New Jersey 14 January 13, 2008
3 Illinois 20 April 7, 2008
4 Hawaii 4 May 1, 2008
5 Washington 12 April 28, 2009
6 Massachusetts 11 August 4, 2010
7 District of Columbia 3 December 7, 2010
8 Vermont 3 April 22, 2011
9 California 55 August 8, 2011

Republicans have labeled such efforts as urban power grabs. I am beginning to see that you just like to argue in spite of the fact that you are uninformed and do not like to read.

If it happens, you won't see me crying foul about the electoral college....unlike the libs did in 2000.

If it happens, you won't see me crying foul about the electoral college....unlike the libs did in 2000.

It's high time the whole antiquated system was scrapped. All of the problems it was meant to address have been solved by mass media saturation.

It's high time the whole antiquated system was scrapped. All of the problems it was meant to address have been solved by mass media saturation.

BS, and you know it.

States enacting legislation include:
1 Maryland 10 April 10, 2007
2 New Jersey 14 January 13, 2008
3 Illinois 20 April 7, 2008
4 Hawaii 4 May 1, 2008
5 Washington 12 April 28, 2009
6 Massachusetts 11 August 4, 2010
7 District of Columbia 3 December 7, 2010
8 Vermont 3 April 22, 2011
9 California 55 August 8, 2011

Republicans have labeled such efforts as urban power grabs. I am beginning to see that you just like to argue in spite of the fact that you are uninformed and do not like to read.

names3rd person singular present, plural of name
Noun:
A word or set of words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is known, addressed, or referred to.
Verb:
Give a name to: "hundreds of diseases with were isolated and named"; "she named the child Edward".

It seems that democrats are accepting the fact that obama is going to lose the popular vote and are clinging to him winning the electoral vote.

Forum List

Back