Romney wins NH straw poll

Romney Wins New Hampshire Republican Straw Poll - FoxNews.com

Of course that seems to say more about the competition than anything else.

While no one has declared their presidential campaign yet, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney emerged as the winner Saturday of a New Hampshire Republican straw poll that aimed to gauge what kind of support early contenders have among the party faithful.

Romney received 35 percent support from the state party-sanctioned straw poll that was organized by ABC News and WMUR-TV.

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who like Romney previously ran for president, came in second place with 11 percent. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who visits the state this week, had 8 percent, with 2008 vice presidential nominee former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin at 7 percent.

I was very happy to see that Straw Poll with Romney taking the lead. I have been advocating him for years. No candidate will be perfect, but I value his business expertise and political executive experience, and the knowledge he has regarding state-run healthcare. He also has the money to compete and would be able to raise more. I would like to see Marco Rubio or Paul Ryan as his VP.

The notion that he's not a loyal, partisan democrat.

:lol: My voting record last election says otherwise. But feel free to make yourself look foolish on where I fall when it comes to voting. I have nothing to prove to you, Mani.

He's correct. Bush was a big government social con. Huckabee is a big government social con. So is Rick Santorum.

I wouldn't vote for those guys either. I'd vote third party like I have the last two presidential elections.

It's becoming likely that will be the case for me come November 2012. Obama would really have to turn it around in the next two years. Though it's been a good start since the Dems lost in November.

The notion that he's not a loyal, partisan democrat.

:lol: My voting record last election says otherwise. But feel free to make a fool of yourself on where I fall when it comes to voting. I have nothing to prove to you.

You've already proven many times over exactly how partisan you are.

You can peddle your bullshit about your voting record till the cows come home, I'm still not buying it.

You've already proven many times over exactly how partisan you are.

You can peddle your bullshit about your voting record till the cows come home, I'm still not buying it.

:lol: You're free to believe whatever you want. I'm not going to stop you.

Now Mani, assuming like that only makes you look stupid.

Many times on here I've talked about how the Republicans need to nominate someone like Gary Johnson. I'm more than willing to hear out the positions of any Republican candidate. However, most of them are out of consideration fairly quickly because most of them are in reality Big Government Social "Conservatives" while they pretend to be Small Government Fiscal Conservatives.

Sorry junior but I'm not buying what you're selling.

And I suspect I'm not alone. :thup:

He's correct. Bush was a big government social con. Huckabee is a big government social con. So is Rick Santorum.

I wouldn't vote for those guys either. I'd vote third party like I have the last two presidential elections.

The Fiscal Conservatives can't win without the Social Conservatives.

The Social Conservatives can't win without the Fiscal Conservatives.

Like it or not, were stuck with each other.

Faustian Bargains with the Social Conservative and Neo Conservative part of the Republican Party is how the rest of the GOP and how this country got many of the problems it has today.

Faustian Bargains with the Social Conservative and Neo Conservative part of the Republican Party is how the rest of the GOP and how this country got many of the problems it has today.

Elaborate, I'd like to see a few examples of these "many problems" that are attributable to social conservatives.

Elaborate, I'd like to see a few examples of these "many problems".

Look no further then the Presidencies of Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

The War in Iraq, The War on Drugs, massive amount of blowback, Escalation of the Cold War when it would of ended years prior, an out of control military budget, Big Government social policy including on issues such as Abortion, Gay Marriage, and fiscal policies that have helped this country to where it stands today.

I have a great feeling that if it wasn't for the Supreme Court, some states would still have Sodomy laws today (14 did when Lawrence v. Texas was ruled upon in 2003). The defense of said laws by many Social "Conservatives" has nothing to do with Conservatism whatsoever.

Neocons and Social "Conservatives" are for Big Government just as much as those they try to criticize if not more, just a different kind of Big Government.

I would explain in more detail, but I must get going for the time being.

Elaborate, I'd like to see a few examples of these "many problems".

Look no further then the Presidencies of Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

The War in Iraq, The War on Drugs, massive amount of blowback, Escalation of the Cold War when it would of ended years prior, an out of control military budget, Big Government social policy including on issues such as Abortion, Gay Marriage, and fiscal policies that have helped this country to where it stands today.

I have a great feeling that if it wasn't for the Supreme Court, some states would still have Sodomy laws today (14 did when Lawrence v. Texas was ruled upon in 2003). The defense of said laws by many Social "Conservatives" has nothing to do with Conservatism whatsoever.

Neocons and Social "Conservatives" are for Big Government just as much as those they try to criticize if not more, just a different kind of Big Government.

I would explain in more detail, but I must get going for the time being.

Wars in Iraq? Sorry, voted by Congress, liberals, conservatives and everyone in between.

War on drugs...drugs are illegal...even ultra-liberal California said Mary Jane should remain illegal, and gay marriage as well via prop 8.

What you are mistaking as problems is what the rest of us call 'the will of the people.

Cold War and defense spending...specifically authorized by the Constitution...in your opinion was mismanaged. You're entitled to that opinion...but it has nothing to do with social conservatism.

Abortion is the problem, not the opposition to it.

Some combination of romney/rubio/christie will probably win in 12. The only scenario that I see o winning in 12 is if unemployment falls to 7 percent, housing and economy make a drastic step forward. If that were to happen, I'd be fine with the status quo.

Romney Wins New Hampshire Republican Straw Poll - FoxNews.com

Of course that seems to say more about the competition than anything else.

While no one has declared their presidential campaign yet, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney emerged as the winner Saturday of a New Hampshire Republican straw poll that aimed to gauge what kind of support early contenders have among the party faithful.

Romney received 35 percent support from the state party-sanctioned straw poll that was organized by ABC News and WMUR-TV.

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who like Romney previously ran for president, came in second place with 11 percent. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who visits the state this week, had 8 percent, with 2008 vice presidential nominee former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin at 7 percent.

I was very happy to see that Straw Poll with Romney taking the lead. I have been advocating him for years. No candidate will be perfect, but I value his business expertise and political executive experience, and the knowledge he has regarding state-run healthcare. He also has the money to compete and would be able to raise more. I would like to see Marco Rubio or Paul Ryan as his VP.

And if Romney (or any non Tea Party candidate) wins the primary then the Tea Partiers should mount a 3rd party challenge.

Sounds like it's time for the "OMG... he's a MORMON" narrative to start.

:lol::lol::lol:

That bullshit will be coming from HIS OWN PARTY just as it did before ...

Evangelicals warn against Romney on ticket

Prominent evangelical leaders are warning Sen. John McCain against picking former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney as his running mate, saying their troops will abandon the Republican ticket on Election Day if that happens.

They say Mr. Romney lacks trust on issues such as outlawing abortion and opposing same-sex marriage and because he is a Mormon.

more at link
Evangelicals warn against Romney on ticket - Washington Times

:lol:

WHICH is one reason why Romney will NOT be the nominee.

His history on healthcare is another.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's time for the "OMG... he's a MORMON" narrative to start.

:lol::lol::lol:

That bullshit will be coming from HIS OWN PARTY just as it did before ...

Evangelicals warn against Romney on ticket

Prominent evangelical leaders are warning Sen. John McCain against picking former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney as his running mate, saying their troops will abandon the Republican ticket on Election Day if that happens.

They say Mr. Romney lacks trust on issues such as outlawing abortion and opposing same-sex marriage and because he is a Mormon.

more at link
Evangelicals warn against Romney on ticket - Washington Times

:lol:

WHICH is one reason why Romney will NOT be the nominee.

His history on healthcare is another.

yeah, I don't think he can win without winning either SC or Iowa.

Elaborate, I'd like to see a few examples of these "many problems" that are attributable to social conservatives.

The Republican Party went on the endangered species list in New England because of its hard turn towards social conservatism. We'd be happy to vote for Republicans if they'd stop ramming their cultural crap down our throats. Case and point, Scott Brown ran on a message of fiscal responsibility and ditched the social issues and was the first Republican elected to the Senate from Massachusetts in over 30 years.

Last edited:

The Republican Party went on the endangered species list in New England because of its hard turn towards social conservatism. We'd be happy to vote for Republicans if they'd stop ramming their cultural crap down our throats. Case and point, Scott Brown ran on a message of fiscal responsibility and ditched the social issues and was the first Republican elected to the Senate from Massachusetts in over 30 years.

Then run a social liberal for president on the Republican ticket.

Walter Mondale will be thrilled.

Forum List

Back