Romney wins NH straw poll

Of all the GOP candidates, Romney is the most credible on the economy.

The economy will still be an issue in 2012, so Romney would be a formidable candidate to beat Obama.
I've always had a thing for Mitten's hair so I wouldn't mind seeing him run.

Yet he came up with Obamacare before Obama did so I doubt he is a viable candidate...unless MA healthcare is a smashing success.

With the way the vitriol and rhetoric has been, watching the GOP candidates for 2012 tear each other limb from limb is going to be quite amusing. What's going to make it even more amusing is the different groups of Republicans and Conservatives that will be taking sides on USMB for their respective candidates.

So I guess we can assume that no matter who the Republicans run, you won't give him/her any consideration whatsover simply because of the R next to their name.

Duly noted. :thup:

The economy will still be an issue in 2012, so Romney would be a formidable candidate to beat Obama.

Yet he came up with Obamacare before Obama did so I doubt he is a viable candidate...unless MA healthcare is a smashing success.

True, but at the state level mandatory insurance isn't unconstitutional. :eusa_whistle:

So I guess we can assume that no matter who the Republicans run, you won't give him/her any consideration whatsover simply because of the R next to their name.

Now Mani, assuming like that only makes you look stupid.

Many times on here I've talked about how the Republicans need to nominate someone like Gary Johnson. I'm more than willing to hear out the positions of any Republican candidate. However, most of them are out of consideration fairly quickly because most of them are in reality Big Government Social "Conservatives" while they pretend to be Small Government Fiscal Conservatives.

He's probably the only one of them who can actually comprehend all of it especially in relation to health care...

True, but at the state level mandatory insurance isn't unconstitutional. :eusa_whistle:
:confused: If it isn't unconstitutional at the state level it can't be unconstitutional at the federal level.

But how IS mitten's healthcare plan working out, overall?

:confused: If it isn't unconstitutional at the state level it can't be unconstitutional at the federal level.

But how IS mitten's healthcare plan working out, overall?

I think he means as per the state's constitution.

Constitutionality at the federal level only applies to the federal government.

I voted for Romney for governor, so I could support him for president. This straw poll, though, is meaningless considering the first primary is a year out.

Can't wait until Monday to see how MSNBC's White House head cheerleader Keith Olberman handles this on his show....

Oh Yeh...that's right.Never mind....:oops:

Many times on here I've talked about how the Republicans need to nominate someone like Gary Johnson. I'm more than willing to hear out the positions of any Republican candidate. However, most of them are out of consideration fairly quickly because most of them are in reality Big Government Social "Conservatives" while they pretend to be Small Government Fiscal Conservatives.

Sorry junior but I'm not buying what you're selling.

And I suspect I'm not alone. :thup:

what is he selling?

what is he selling?

The notion that he's not a loyal, partisan democrat.

The folks from New Hampshire voted for the guy from Massachusetts.

I'm shocked.

NewEnglandState.jpg

He's correct. Bush was a big government social con. Huckabee is a big government social con. So is Rick Santorum.

I wouldn't vote for those guys either. I'd vote third party like I have the last two presidential elections.

I'm shocked.

Romney will win New Hampshire. Huckabee will win Iowa again. It will come down to SC, imo.

I agree, and if it breaks that way, IMO it will be Huckabee.

Huckabee almost won South Carolina in 2008.
Candidate............. Votes .........Percentage ..........Delegates
John McCain
......147,733 ..........33.15% ..............18
Mike Huckabee .....132,990 ...........29.84% .................6
Fred Thompson .....69,681 ............15.63% .................0
Mitt Romney .........68,177 ............15.3% .................0​
I can't see South Carolina breaking for Romney.

I'm shocked.

Romney will win New Hampshire. Huckabee will win Iowa again. It will come down to SC, imo.

I agree, and if it breaks that way, IMO it will be Huckabee.

Huckabee almost won South Carolina in 2008.
Candidate............. Votes .........Percentage ..........Delegates
John McCain
......147,733 ..........33.15% ..............18
Mike Huckabee .....132,990 ...........29.84% .................6
Fred Thompson .....69,681 ............15.63% .................0
Mitt Romney .........68,177 ............15.3% .................0​
I can't see South Carolina breaking for Romney.

agreed......

and that would probably give Huck the momentum going into super tuesday.

Forum List

Back