Romney wins NH straw poll

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Romney Wins New Hampshire Republican Straw Poll - FoxNews.com

Of course that seems to say more about the competition than anything else.

While no one has declared their presidential campaign yet, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney emerged as the winner Saturday of a New Hampshire Republican straw poll that aimed to gauge what kind of support early contenders have among the party faithful.

Romney received 35 percent support from the state party-sanctioned straw poll that was organized by ABC News and WMUR-TV.

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who like Romney previously ran for president, came in second place with 11 percent. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who visits the state this week, had 8 percent, with 2008 vice presidential nominee former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin at 7 percent.

• Banned
PS: If there is already a thread about this then merge it, blow it out your ass or delete it, I'm too damn lazy to search first. :tongue:

:lol:

I don't think anyone posted this yet, but I could be wrong. :dunno:

Of all the GOP candidates, Romney is the most credible on the economy.

The economy will still be an issue in 2012, so Romney would be a formidable candidate to beat Obama.

• Banned
I still say the eventual Republican nominee will be someone most people haven't heard of yet.

• Banned
Also odd that I've seen Gingrich's name on top of other polls/lists and he didn't even get a mention in this one.

If that faggot Giuliani tries to run again, I'll never cast another single ballot for the rest of my life.

They say Gingrich got 3%

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who like Romney previously ran for president, came in second place with 11 percent. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who visits the state this week, had 8 percent, with 2008 vice presidential nominee former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin at 7 percent.

Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina each earned 5 percent.

But some very prominent potential candidates didn't score so well with the New Hampshire Republicans. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich earned 3 percent of the vote as did Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels and former Arkansas Gov. and 2008 candidate Mike Huckabee.

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani got 2 percent and Donald Trump got 1 percent.

Romney Wins New Hampshire Republican Straw Poll - FoxNews.com

With the way the vitriol and rhetoric has been, watching the GOP candidates for 2012 tear each other limb from limb is going to be quite amusing. What's going to make it even more amusing is the different groups of Republicans and Conservatives that will be taking sides on USMB for their respective candidates.

Forum List

Back