Romney wins CPAC straw poll

CPAC Straw Poll Results 2012: Mitt Romney Wins Conservative Vote

Romney: 38%
Santorum: 31%
Gingrich: 15%
Paul: 12%

yay Mitt!

Wow, that's actually kind of sad. He's spent millions of dollars, he's the designated frontrunner and in a gathering of establishment types, he only gets 38%.

I mean, I guess it was an improvement over last year when he lost to Ron Paul.

And Paul thought it was gonna be his turn ...

Pretty sad figures for all of them. I've read that turnout has been very low in all the caucus states. Means the majority of pubs aren't real thrilled with any of them, which is more than understandable.

Its very telling that this bunch is the absolute best the GObP/Repubs have to offer.

Its looking pretty desperate for them.

And there is one who can't pull away and seal the deal, because he's as exciting as a beige room and as "conservative" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) as Bubba Clintoon.

I hate to raise this but.... since when has it been the priority to be 'exciting'? Wouldn't 'competent to run the country' be slightly more important? I mean, look what happens when we elect 'exciting'.... We got Obama.

yay Mitt!

Wow, that's actually kind of sad. He's spent millions of dollars, he's the designated frontrunner and in a gathering of establishment types, he only gets 38%.

Pretty sad figures for all of them. I've read that turnout has been very low in all the caucus states. Means the majority of pubs aren't real thrilled with any of them, which is more than understandable.

Its very telling that this bunch is the absolute best the GObP/Repubs have to offer.

That's the spin that a lot of people are giving the turn out. Another take I've heard is that many Republicans don't care who wins the nomination. They know they're voting ABO no matter who the nominee is so they're letting things play out however it happens.

Paul's campaign says that they think they are currently leading in delegates. Seems they are getting delegates even when they don't win the vote in the caucus states.

Sneaky.

That's the spin that a lot of people are giving the turn out. Another take I've heard is that many Republicans don't care who wins the nomination. They know they're voting ABO no matter who the nominee is so they're letting things play out however it happens.

Spin is a word that is reserved for the alternate....less likely, rationalizing explaination for something. In this case.....YOUR take is the spin. Do you even comprehend that?

If the GOP is hanging their hat on that one, this country is worse off than even I had imagined.

Spin is a word that is reserved for the alternate....less likely, rationalizing explaination for something. In this case.....YOUR take is the spin. Do you even comprehend that?

They are both plausible explanations. Both might explain part of what we're seeing.

yay Mitt!

I heard on the radio that Paul's people are out in the field amassing delegates instead of concerning themselves w/ a straw poll at a con schmoozefest this time @

Forum List

Back