Romney will be the GOP nominee

If Romney is the nominee conservatives will stay at home and The New Messiah will be re-anointed.

I'm not sure about that. They did that with McCain and we got Obama. I think Obama alone will bring the republicans out to vote...along with the majority of independents.

The election will be a referendum on Obama regardless of his opponent.

The GOP wants to get Obama out of office (who doesnt) and Romney gives them the best chance.

Dems are PRAYING Perry gets the nomination -so many chances to attack..

Romney was the CLEAR winner in the GOP debate.

VERY IMPRESSED.

Only you would be.

Frankly, all I saw was a weird Mormon Robot trying to act human...

I've always been amused by this notion that a guy who lost 3 out of 4 elections he ran in is more "electable" than a guy who has won every election he was ever in.

And Romney SHOULD be the GOP nominee ANYWAY.

By far the best qualified.

Proved it in the debate.

Huh?

What qualification?

His whole tenure in his ONE TERM as governor was to sign off on whatever crap the Democrats in Mass sent to his desk.

Perry has been governor for three terms, and has taken charge of what has historically been a weak governorship.

12.5, 12.5, 12.5

what the unoffical employment rate will be in Oct 2012

Real rate will be more like 25%

Go ahead Obama - defend those numbers...........................................

I would settle for Romney over Obama any day.... I wanted him to be the nominee in 2008.
Pissed me off when McShame got the knod :mad:

Im not crazy about all of his policies and ideas, but he is very qualified to be POTUS!

Ever hear of the overton window, dont settle with romney, go for perry. If you settle for romney you will be getting obama light, that is all.

That's a bunch of bs if Ive ever heard it.

I see little evidence that Perry is more conservative than Romney.

I want someone who is actually going to shrink the government. But no one like that is actually running.

Paul will, so would Johnson, but he was not in the debate.

You might be right but I think it's way too early to say... As Paul Harvey used to say, "and now, the rest of the story..."...

I'd be pretty surprised if Perry loses this nomination. The only way I can see that happening is if the hometown girl (Backmann) wins Iowa, Romney wins New Hampshire (because he has a huge network and has spent a ton of money there) and South Carolinans trick themselves into thinking that Iowa and New Hampshire actually matter and vote for Romney instead of Perry.

But I'm happy to be proven wrong. Some of Perry's statements worry me about what his presidential agenda will be.

I'd be pretty surprised if Perry loses this nomination. The only way I can see that happening is if the hometown girl (Backmann) wins Iowa, Romney wins New Hampshire (because he has a huge network and has spent a ton of money there) and South Carolinans trick themselves into thinking that Iowa and New Hampshire actually matter and vote for Romney instead of Perry.

But I'm happy to be proven wrong. Some of Perry's statements worry me about what his presidential agenda will be.

By now Romney is a seasoned national campaigner. There's not likely any skeletons left in his closet. Perry has just stepped onto the national stage. He might turn out to be a great campaigner. Or he might not. There's still a long time to go.

By now Romney is a seasoned national campaigner. There's not likely any skeletons left in his closet. Perry has just stepped onto the national stage. He might turn out to be a great campaigner. Or he might not. There's still a long time to go.

It's his first national campaign, but he's had his fair share of campaigns in Texas and has yet to lose. Texas is not the same as the nation, but what plays to Texans plays fairly well to Republican primary voters. This certainly isn't a lock for Perry, but if he loses, I will be surprised.

It's his first national campaign, but he's had his fair share of campaigns in Texas and has yet to lose. Texas is not the same as the nation, but what plays to Texans plays fairly well to Republican primary voters. This certainly isn't a lock for Perry, but if he loses, I will be surprised.

Fair enough. But in a national campaign the scrutiny is much more intense. Every gaffe and misstep is magnified a thousand times. We'll see how he handles it.

Fair enough. But in a national campaign the scrutiny is much more intense. Every gaffe and misstep is magnified a thousand times. We'll see how he handles it.

I couldn't care less how good a campaigner he is. I just don't see any point redecorating the white house if nothing else is going to change.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back