Romney will be the GOP nominee

If Perry gets the nomination - the dem smear machine will hammer him relentlessly on his leave the Union quote -a and why he backed gore in 1988.

Both of which he will be able to defend and deflect from.

Last edited:
If Perry gets the nomination - the dem smear machine will hammer him relentlessly on his suceed from the Union quote -a and why he backed gore in 1988.

The dems will hit him harder then hell on SSI alone. Say what you went about it, but the vast majority of this nation works hard and pays into it expecting to get it or is now getting it. They will NOT vote for Perry. Two generations now have made a vast part of the republican party part of it.

A few other things really are going to turn off the voters. Like forcing people to get medicated through a exc order. I mean aren't we bitching about Obama doing something like this?

Mitt was the clear winner of the ones that are seriously within this race.

Last edited:
If Perry gets the nomination - the dem smear machine will hammer him relentlessly on his suceed from the Union quote -a and why he backed gore in 1988.

The dems will hit him harder then hell on SSI alone. Say what you went about it, but the vast majority of this nation works hard and pays into it expecting to get it or is now getting it. They will NOT vote for Perry. Two generations now have made a vast part of the republican party part of it.

A few other things really are going to turn off the voters. Like forcing people to get medicated through a exc order. I mean aren't we bitching about Obama doing something like this?

I agree that Mitt is going to be the guy...but man was Newt on fire or what? Love him!

Perry admitted he was wrong on his executive order...

“I signed an executive order that allowed for an opt-out, but the fact of the matter is I didn’t do my research well enough to understand that we needed to have a substantial conversation with our citizenry,” he said. “I hate cancer. Let me tell you, as a son who has a mother and father who are both cancer survivors.”

Perry said he’d invested government resources in cancer cures, adding, “I hate cancer. And this HPV, we were seeing young ladies die at the early age. What we should have done was a program that frankly should have allowed them to opt in, or some type of program like that, but here’s what I learned — when you get too far out in front of the parade they will let you know. And that’s exactly what our legislature did…

The GOP wants to get Obama out of office (who doesnt) and Romney gives them the best chance.

Dems are PRAYING Perry gets the nomination -so many chances to attack..

Romney was the CLEAR winner in the GOP debate.

VERY IMPRESSED.

Didn't you start six threads yesterday talking about Perry?

The GOP wants to get Obama out of office (who doesnt) and Romney gives them the best chance.

VERY IMPRESSED.

Romney is as cool as a cucumber

If Romney gets the nom then we are royally screwed. It'll be like choosing between and Gala Apple and a Red Delicious...

Mitt will tear Obama apart in the gen election debates on the economy............................

And Romney SHOULD be the GOP nominee ANYWAY.

By far the best qualified.

Proved it in the debate.

I would settle for Romney over Obama any day.... I wanted him to be the nominee in 2008.
Pissed me off when McShame got the knod :mad:

Im not crazy about all of his policies and ideas, but he is very qualified to be POTUS!

If Romney is elected, he will raise your taxes. I guarantee it.

Ame®icano;4109629 said:
I don't like Romney just because he wants the presidency soooooo bad that he'll sell his ass to get it.

Well, if he told you what he was really going to do if elected, you would never vote for him, because the first thing he will do if elected is raise taxes. Mark my word. And btw, I really wouldn't have a problem with that.

VERY IMPRESSED.

Keep telling yourself that. Perry will get it, but dont worry, we will set up depression clinics for you when berry loses.

Proved it in the debate.

I would settle for Romney over Obama any day.... I wanted him to be the nominee in 2008.

Im not crazy about all of his policies and ideas, but he is very qualified to be POTUS!

Ever hear of the overton window, dont settle with romney, go for perry. If you settle for romney you will be getting obama light, that is all.

VERY IMPRESSED.

Not unless something surprises me--PERRY self-imploded tonight--over social security--so right now Romney will take the lead--but remember we've got a long way to do.
Maybe he self imploded because the moderators had loaded questions for romney. Think about it, perry is a huge threat, romney not so much, romney is a weak bitch that will allow himself to be owned down the progressive line, he proved that with his healthcare in mass.

VERY IMPRESSED.

Way too early to tell. Perry has a Super PAC that is going to fund his campaign advertising outside of what money he will raise himself. The whole race is still up in the air. According to his PAC, there should be no race left after February (they front loaded the entire ad buy).

All thedems have to go against Romney is his Mormanism and that he had "Obamacare" in Mass when he was gov.

All more easily handled than all of the baggage that Perry carries.

After the Massacusetts miracle how could we go wrong with Mitt?

I've got many colorful campaign slogans for him too.

Some of them don't even rhyme with Mitt, either.

While I'm not a Perry supporter, yet, I can't help but admit that he is right about Social security.

You can dislike the truth all you want. But you are lying if you think it's going to be around for future generations.

You act like it's in an account and that we are working to pay into it. And thats the biggest lie that's ever been told by a politician.

Reality is it's a tax. And it's immediately spent. We aren't paying into our retirement with social security. We are paying for others to retire.

And why Retire anyway? Work is good for us. Another lie we are being told by the politicians is that we all deserve to retire and stop working. As if we are of no worth when we get older and can't contribute any more to society. That's bullcrap. How much are we losing out because we've convinced people with experience that they shouldn't contribute any more to society?

Bunch a bullcrap. We need to end the lies.

Proved it in the debate.

Ever hear of the overton window, dont settle with romney, go for perry. If you settle for romney you will be getting obama light, that is all.

That's a bunch of bs if Ive ever heard it.

I see little evidence that Perry is more conservative than Romney.

I want someone who is actually going to shrink the government. But no one like that is actually running.

VERY IMPRESSED.

Not unless something surprises me--PERRY self-imploded tonight--over social security--so right now Romney will take the lead--but remember we've got a long way to do.
Maybe he self imploded because the moderators had loaded questions for romney. Think about it, perry is a huge threat, romney not so much, romney is a weak bitch that will allow himself to be owned down the progressive line, he proved that with his healthcare in mass.

And what way is Perry a huge threat? And improvement over Obama? yeah of course. A huge threat to him? No more so than anyone else.

Just saying someone is a huge threat doesnt make it so.

Forum List

Back