"Romney, who is known for his stiffness on the campaign trail"

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
This is the constant narrative that I'm seeing in article after article by the AP. And these are so-called hard news stories and not columns. I'm seeing it within the first one or two paragraphs too.

I mean think about it. What do you sub consciously think when you hear someone is stiff? You think of someone that is hiding with someone; someone that is unworkable. Someone that is mean.

And I don't know; maybe he is a little stiff. But I'll take a guy that is a bit nervous over the guy handing out phony smiles to everyone (cough: Obama).

Frankly though, it's journalism 101 to just deliver the facts and stay away from character judgments. And "stiff" leans towards that.

With new momentum, Romney accuses Obama of hiding | Reuters

This is the constant narrative that I'm seeing in article after article by the AP. And these are so-called hard news stories and not columns. I'm seeing it within the first one or two paragraphs too.

I mean think about it. What do you sub consciously think when you hear someone is stiff? You think of someone that is hiding with someone; someone that is unworkable. Someone that is mean.

And I don't know; maybe he is a little stiff. But I'll take a guy that is a bit nervous over the guy handing out phony smiles to everyone (cough: Obama).

Frankly though, it's journalism 101 to just deliver the facts and stay away from character judgments. And "stiff" leans towards that.

With new momentum, Romney accuses Obama of hiding | Reuters

I think he'll get over the rigidness as soon as he realizes that in spite of what Obama and the MSM say, it's still ok in the U.S. to be successful. He needs to be proud of his accomplishments.

Forum List

Back