Romney was not a good governor, so why would he be a good president?

Lakhota is quickly becoming "SHITTING BULL"

:lol:

Yeah, when nothing else works - make it personal with racist names and such.

racist? really, you call that racist? OMG man I'm 1/8 Cherokee and still didnt get a free ride to Harvard...maybe if I was a liberal woman, I'd get in, with no indian background.

That was funny. because it's true, you do nothing but kiss Obama's ass and are full of shit.

There is no personal or racist attack here son. You seem to be a mindless drone that endlessly posts articles from far left wing-nut sites. You usually do not even bother to post your opinion on the articles you post- preferring to simply provide the link and then spew the talking points. I have not seen a great deal of independent thought or analysis from you. You are fed the party line and you dutifully repeat it, robot style.

Still, I find you mildly amusing. I figured you'd appreciate the "Shitting Bull" reference....I thought it was hilarious!! :lol:

Last edited:

There is no personal or racist attack here son. You seem to be a mindless drone that endlessly posts articles from far left wing-nut sites. You usually do not even bother to post your opinion on the articles you post- preferring to simply provide the link and then spew the talking points. I have not seen a great deal of independent thought of analysis from you. You are fed the party line and you dutifully repeat it, robot style.

Still, I find you mildly amusing. I figured you'd appreciate the "Shitting Bull" reference....I thought it was hilarious!! :lol:

Yeah dont listen to him, that' part of the liberal talking points, he only has those. If attacked say racist, sexist, homophobe, xenophobic, ect blah blah blah

racist? really, you call that racist? OMG man I'm 1/8 Cherokee and still didnt get a free ride to Harvard...maybe if I was a liberal woman, I'd get in, with no indian background.

That was funny. because it's true, you do nothing but kiss Obama's ass and are full of shit.

You must also be part Gypsy - since you "see" so much about strangers.

I don't see anything in Romney's past that qualifies him to be president - neither in his poor record as governor nor his record as a vulture capitalist.

But you saw something in Obama's past that qualified him to be President now all the sudden past qualifications matter.LMAO:lol:

I didn't vote for Obama in 2008, but I sure as hell will this time.

What happened, forgot to show up to the polls after gettin high?

How can you talk so much trash about Mitt when Obama and Mitt are closer than most Democrats on policy?

You must also be part Gypsy - since you "see" so much about strangers.

I am, and hell I can tell fortunes, like you'll defend Obama's horseshit record. Dont you ever get tired of lying to yourself?
Hey and I still want an answer if you think a $100/hour min wage is good?

I don't see anything in Romney's past that qualifies him to be president - neither in his poor record as governor nor his record as a vulture capitalist.

A little reading in the WIKIPEDIA--will clear up your confusion to Romney's record as governor--which includes going into MASS looking at a 2 billion dollar deficit that he left with a 1.5 billion dollar surplus. He also left the state with a 4.7% unemployment rate which is considered full employment by many economists in this country.

Romney has a fantastic record not only as governor--but turning around the financial troubled Utah winter olympic games and this is all right there in Wikipedia for your review.

Governorship of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Romney literally blows out Barack Obama on experience and Romney is exactly what we need in these troubled economic times. Someone with a lot of EXPERIENCE.

Romney is a warmongering chickenhawk who has never served his country in the military.

Romney tells vets dangerous world demands powerful military | Reuters

Like Obama? :lol:

What wars did Obama start that cost the lives of American troops?

He expanded Afghanistan and kept us in Iraq until we were kicked out... People died there.

Also, the fact that you have to word your answer with "that cost the lives of American troops" is amazing. So it's ok to start wars, bomb people in other countries and not follow the constitution as long as US troops don't die? NICE! All Mitt has to do is hire Mercs to blow people up, but we're allowed to supply the intel, bombs, equipment and money!

Lakota, still waiting, are you for helping the "little" guy with a $100/hour min wage?

Massachusetts under Gov. Mitt Romney initially ranked last among states in job growth, but by the end of his governorship, "we were in the middle of the pack."

Eric Fehrnstrom on Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 in an interview on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos"
---
"If you throw D.C. into the mix," Fehrnstrom said, "we were 51 out of 51 (in job creation). By the time Mitt Romney left four years later, we were in the middle of the pack. We were 30th in the nation in terms of job growth. That's the trend line that you want to see."
---
First, we confirmed the Romney camp’s methodology, which relied on state-level statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the federal government’s official source of employment data. The Romney campaign used figures for non-farm jobs, seasonally adjusted, as tracked by the government’s payroll survey. And because the Massachusetts governor takes office in early January, the campaign used the data for December of each year as a baseline.

According to a spokesman, the Romney campaign calculated the yearly percentage increase or decrease in job growth for each of Romney’s four years in office. So from December 2002 to December 2003, the job growth in Massachusetts was 51st highest nationally out of 50 states plus the District of Columbia -- in other words, dead last. The following year, it was 46th, then 40th, then in Romney’s final year in office -- December 2005 to December 2006 -- it was 30th in the nation.

Looking at the statistics in this way advances the Romney camp’s argument that, while Massachusetts’ overall job growth under Romney was among the lowest of any state, the trendline over time puts his tenure in a more favorable light. A state that was a doormat in job growth at the beginning of his tenure rose into the broad middle of the rankings by the end of it.

We did our own math and found the exact same results as the Romney camp. So we agree that the numbers back up Fehrnstrom’s general argument that job growth rates in the state improved over the course of Romney’s governorship relative to other states.

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney campaign says job growth in Massachusetts accelerated as gubernatorial term went on

Massachusetts under Gov. Mitt Romney initially ranked last among states in job growth, but by the end of his governorship, "we were in the middle of the pack."

Eric Fehrnstrom on Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 in an interview on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos"
---
"If you throw D.C. into the mix," Fehrnstrom said, "we were 51 out of 51 (in job creation). By the time Mitt Romney left four years later, we were in the middle of the pack. We were 30th in the nation in terms of job growth. That's the trend line that you want to see."
---
First, we confirmed the Romney camp’s methodology, which relied on state-level statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the federal government’s official source of employment data. The Romney campaign used figures for non-farm jobs, seasonally adjusted, as tracked by the government’s payroll survey. And because the Massachusetts governor takes office in early January, the campaign used the data for December of each year as a baseline.

According to a spokesman, the Romney campaign calculated the yearly percentage increase or decrease in job growth for each of Romney’s four years in office. So from December 2002 to December 2003, the job growth in Massachusetts was 51st highest nationally out of 50 states plus the District of Columbia -- in other words, dead last. The following year, it was 46th, then 40th, then in Romney’s final year in office -- December 2005 to December 2006 -- it was 30th in the nation.

Looking at the statistics in this way advances the Romney camp’s argument that, while Massachusetts’ overall job growth under Romney was among the lowest of any state, the trendline over time puts his tenure in a more favorable light. A state that was a doormat in job growth at the beginning of his tenure rose into the broad middle of the rankings by the end of it.

We did our own math and found the exact same results as the Romney camp. So we agree that the numbers back up Fehrnstrom’s general argument that job growth rates in the state improved over the course of Romney’s governorship relative to other states.

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney campaign says job growth in Massachusetts accelerated as gubernatorial term went on

What's there to complain about a 4.7% unemployment rate--which many economists in this country regard as FULL EMPLOYMENT? Who is really going to complain about Romney's FULL EMPLOYMENT record?---:badgrin: Romney went in with a 5.6% unemployment rate and left with a 4.7% unemployment rate.

The state unemployment rate was at 5.6 percent when Romney took office in January 2003.[35][36] It rose to 6.0 percent in mid-2003, then steadily decreased during the remainder of Romney's term, ending at 4.7 percent for December 2006, Romney's last full month in office.[35][36]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governorship_of_Mitt_Romney
Furthermore--comparing the growth rate from one state to the next--is like comparing a 300lb. man who is capable of loosing 20 pounds in a week to that of someone who is only 10 pounds overweight-that takes two years to take off those 10 pounds---and then saying the 300 lb. man wins the weight loss contest--:badgrin:

Last edited:
At least Romney was a Governor of a state, Obama was a community agitator JUNIOR Senator of TWO YEARS when he ran for President

Romney has to be a step up

Obamas stance at one point was, "i havent done anything cept being a senator that u can use against me"

So what did Obama have in ur opinion that would have made him a good president?

Forum List

Back