Romney was no Flip Flopper, nor a RINO. He was a good and faithful public servant!

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
Romney was no Flip Flopper, nor a RINO. He was a good and faithful public servant!

Some Conservatives mistakenly believe Mitt Romney was/is a RINO because of his former position in support for abortion as Massachusetts Governor. They call him a Flip Flopper but he really wasn't and isn't.

He challenged himself to be true to the people of Massachusetts...the majority LIBERAL people of Massachusetts.

He won their support because he agreed to abide by THEIR wishes.

That is what an elected official is supposed to do.

We hire these people when we go to the precinct voting places and cast our votes. When they get the job, however, they too often abandon the positions that the voters approved of and instead do whatever they persoanlly want.

But THAT is NOT why they were elected or hired!

During their campaigns for office, candidates all promise to help the voting public. They say they are better equipped to serve our wants and needs than their competitor. But when they get to Washington they forget all about their campaign promises.

Well, Romney's detractors never bother to mention the fact that Romney did NOT forget his promises.

He kept his campaign promise despite it going against his religious beliefs.

He placed keeping his word and faithfully serving his constituents over any urge he might have felt to be true to his religion's dogma.

(Contrast this with public officials who lie, cheat, steal and even allow good men to die for personal partisan political profit.)

With that act of selflessness Mitt Romney proved himself a good and faithful public servant.

He showed true political courage and love for his fellow Americans by adopting THEIR standards and incorporating them into his governing guidelines.

When he finished his term he realized that after giving it his best effort he could no longer honor the wishes of his bosses who elected him.

For the Libs reading this the reason Mitt could not continue supporting abortion is because he personally believes it is wrong and he could no longer live with his CONSCIENCE while doing something against his own personal moral code.

But he did the honorable thing by putting THEIR desires above those of his Church or his own personal feelings. He sacrificed his own beliefs and desires to do what his constituents wanted.

This is what we should demand of ALL our elected officials.

They work for us.

And there is no other political figure of our day who is more ethical, moral and has greater integrity than Mitt Romney.

He is no RINO and he is no Flip Flopper.

He is a fine man who can fix America and we will truly need a Mr. Fixit with Romney's skill and training and acumen after 8 years of traitorous incompetence.

So, in conclusion, I believe Mitt's abortion stand was not a matter of his being a Liberal or a flip flopper, but of his being a good and faithful public servant who promised to abide by the liberal voter's wishes in the majority Liberal Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

And what makes Mitt remarkable is that he KEPT his vow of fidelity to them!

We had a chance to hire GREAT leadership and we indulged our collective hope for racial harmony but it turned out badly.

Now its time we put everything else aside and fix America.

We can't afford another Democratic administration until a GOP POTUS gets things back on track.

Ted Cruz will get my Nov. 2016 vote if Mitt isn't nominated.

But, until he is out for the count, I will throw my support behind Mitt.

Romney in 2016.

82775-Office-Space-Lumbergh-UH-YEAH-w7PY.gif

... a good and faithful servant to the 1%.

Hope he runs again. Bad enough for a morm to lose to a black man but losing to a woman will be utterly delicious.

Bottom line - he's not president material. At least, not of THIS country.

Reading his dumb quotes ^^^ really reminded me of how much a puppet he is. He's just not a man who is able to think for himself.

Some Conservatives mistakenly believe Mitt Romney was/is a RINO because of his former position in support for abortion as Massachusetts Governor. They call him a Flip Flopper but he really wasn't and isn't.

He challenged himself to be true to the people of Massachusetts...the majority LIBERAL people of Massachusetts.

He won their support because he agreed to abide by THEIR wishes.

That is what an elected official is supposed to do.

We hire these people when we go to the precinct voting places and cast our votes. When they get the job, however, they too often abandon the positions that the voters approved of and instead do whatever they persoanlly want.

But THAT is NOT why they were elected or hired!

During their campaigns for office, candidates all promise to help the voting public. They say they are better equipped to serve our wants and needs than their competitor. But when they get to Washington they forget all about their campaign promises.

Well, Romney's detractors never bother to mention the fact that Romney did NOT forget his promises.

He kept his campaign promise despite it going against his religious beliefs.

He placed keeping his word and faithfully serving his constituents over any urge he might have felt to be true to his religion's dogma.

(Contrast this with public officials who lie, cheat, steal and even allow good men to die for personal partisan political profit.)

With that act of selflessness Mitt Romney proved himself a good and faithful public servant.

He showed true political courage and love for his fellow Americans by adopting THEIR standards and incorporating them into his governing guidelines.

When he finished his term he realized that after giving it his best effort he could no longer honor the wishes of his bosses who elected him.

For the Libs reading this the reason Mitt could not continue supporting abortion is because he personally believes it is wrong and he could no longer live with his CONSCIENCE while doing something against his own personal moral code.

But he did the honorable thing by putting THEIR desires above those of his Church or his own personal feelings. He sacrificed his own beliefs and desires to do what his constituents wanted.

This is what we should demand of ALL our elected officials.

They work for us.

And there is no other political figure of our day who is more ethical, moral and has greater integrity than Mitt Romney.

He is no RINO and he is no Flip Flopper.

He is a fine man who can fix America and we will truly need a Mr. Fixit with Romney's skill and training and acumen after 8 years of traitorous incompetence.

So, in conclusion, I believe Mitt's abortion stand was not a matter of his being a Liberal or a flip flopper, but of his being a good and faithful public servant who promised to abide by the liberal voter's wishes in the majority Liberal Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

And what makes Mitt remarkable is that he KEPT his vow of fidelity to them!

We had a chance to hire GREAT leadership and we indulged our collective hope for racial harmony but it turned out badly.

Now its time we put everything else aside and fix America.

We can't afford another Democratic administration until a GOP POTUS gets things back on track.

Ted Cruz will get my Nov. 2016 vote if Mitt isn't nominated.

But, until he is out for the count, I will throw my support behind Mitt.

Romney in 2016.
Thanks for pointing out how much of a RINO and flip flopper Romney is.
Valiant try at defending him, but it doesn't change the facts. I don't think pro-lifers are going to think it was a good idea for Romney to go against his principles to please the Liberal citizens of Massachusetts. Is he really pro-life after all?

He's a handsome man, that's for certain! :)

If Mitt Romney, was the Mitt Romney that was my governor in Massachusetts when I lived there, was the REAL Mitt Romney, he wouldn't be bad as President....imo.

But I saw a completely different and wishy washy and an unpatriotic and foolish Romney who stuck his foot in his mouth one too many times, during the election cycle in 2012.....

... a good and faithful servant to the 1%.

Hope he runs again. Bad enough for a morm to lose to a black man but losing to a woman will be utterly delicious.

Bottom line - he's not president material. At least, not of THIS country.
Oh bullshit!

Romney says he doesn't need to cater to the rich. They will do just fine without any help from him.

The opposition charges that I and people in my party are running for office to help the rich. Nonsense. The rich will do just fine whether I am elected or not. The President wants to make this a campaign about blaming the rich. I want to make this a campaign about helping the middle class.

I am running for president because I know that my policies and vision will help hundreds of millions of middle class Americans of all races, will lift people from poverty, and will help prevent people from becoming poor. My campaign is about helping the people who need help. The course the President has set has not done that – and will not do that. My course will.

When President Obama called to congratulate me on becoming the presumptive Republican nominee, he said that he, “looked forward to an important and healthy debate about America’s future.” To date, I’m afraid that his campaign has taken a different course than that.

But, in campaigns at their best, voters can expect a clear choice, and candidates can expect a fair hearing – only more so from a venerable organization like this one. So, it is that healthy debate about the course of the nation that I want to discuss with you today.

If someone had told us in the 1950s or 1960s that a black citizen would serve as the forty-fourth president, we would have been proud and many would have been surprised. Picturing that day, we might have assumed that the American presidency would be the very last door of opportunity to be opened. Before that came to pass, every other barrier on the path to equal opportunity would surely have come down.

Of course, it hasn’t happened quite that way. Many barriers remain. Old inequities persist. In some ways, the challenges are even more complicated than before. And across America — and even within your own ranks — there are serious, honest debates about the way forward.

If equal opportunity in America were an accomplished fact, then a chronically bad economy would be equally bad for everyone. Instead, it’s worse for African Americans in almost every way. The unemployment rate, the duration of unemployment, average income, and median family wealth are all worse for the black community. In June, while the overall unemployment rate remained stuck at 8.2 percent, the unemployment rate for African Americans actually went up, from 13.6 percent to 14.4 percent.

Americans of every background are asking when this economy will finally recover – and you, in particular, are entitled to an answer.

Transcript Mitt Romney 8217 s Speech to The NAACP Convention - TexasSparkle

Bad enough for a morm to lose to a black man

What in the actual fuck, Luddly.

He fears that a President Romney's policies in dealing with the threat of Islam would be pretty effective in stopping jihadist progress.

And we all know that Jihadists have been discovered in and around the Senate, Congress, the DNC, the RNC, in Hillary Clinton's staff as Sec'y of State and even in the Bush administration and subsequently, big time, in Obama's White House.

Right???

If Mitt Romney, was the Mitt Romney that was my governor in Massachusetts when I lived there, was the REAL Mitt Romney, he wouldn't be bad as President....imo.

But I saw a completely different and wishy washy and an unpatriotic and foolish Romney who stuck his foot in his mouth one too many times, during the election cycle in 2012.....

Ever been on a date with someone you really wanted to impress, but instead of impressing them you failed to present yourself as you actually are?

And because of that you blew your chance?

EDIT: And did you read and understand my OP that Mitt actually demonstrated the kind of leadership we should expect from ALL our elected officials?

rather see Romney rather than what we now have and so would the rest of American that care about America . I'd say he is a 'rino' but still better than whats his name .

Ever been on a date with someone you really wanted to impress, but instead of impressing them you failed to present yourself as you actually are?

And because of that you blew your chance?

EDIT: And did you read and understand my OP that Mitt actually demonstrated the kind of leadership we should expect from ALL our elected officials?
No, I've never done that, but I have witnessed men do this when trying to ask me out or just being around me, when I was younger, and single....including Matt, my eventual hubby! :D pretty funny and silly stuff when looking back on it! :lol:

rather see Romney rather than what we now have and so would the rest of American that care about America . I'd say he is a 'rino' but still better than whats his name .

What exactly qualifies him as Republican in Name Only in your opinion?

I'm really curious.

:)

Forum List

Back