Romney Wanted To Criminalize Scientists Who Looked To Cure His Own Wife

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
http://www.businessinsider.com/14-b...s-that-were-dug-up-by-john-mccain-2012-1?op=1

On embryonic stem cell research, Romney's still developing a fully-formed position.

FLIP: “Speaking at a bioethics forum, GOP gubernatorial hopeful Mitt Romney yesterday endorsed embryonic stem cell research ... [Romney] endorsed embryonic stem cell research, saying the controversial science might one day help treat his wife’s multiple sclerosis in addition to numerous other degenerative diseases. ... Romney spoke extensively about his position on stem cell research, which also involves embryo destruction.” (Raja Mishra, “Romney Endorses Stem Cell Research, Is Silent On Cloning,” The Boston Globe, 6/14/02)

FLOP: ...On Feb. 10, 2005 ... Romney came out strongly against the cloning technique ... He vowed to press for legislation to criminalize the work. Romney’s opposition stunned scientists, lawmakers, and observers because of his past statements endorsing, at least in general terms, embryonic stem cell research.” (Scott Helman, “Romney’s Journey To The Right,” The Boston Globe, 12/17/06)

Read more: 14 Bald-Faced Mitt Romney Flip-Flops That Were Dug Up By John McCain - Business Insider

Last edited:
As I recall, Peyton Manning flew to Europe for stem-cell therapy on his neck prior to surgery. Now, it looks like he'll be the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos this fall.

14 Bald-Faced Mitt Romney Flip-Flops That Were Dug Up By John McCain - Business Insider

On embryonic stem cell research, Romney's still developing a fully-formed position.

FLIP: “Speaking at a bioethics forum, GOP gubernatorial hopeful Mitt Romney yesterday endorsed embryonic stem cell research ... [Romney] endorsed embryonic stem cell research, saying the controversial science might one day help treat his wife’s multiple sclerosis in addition to numerous other degenerative diseases. ... Romney spoke extensively about his position on stem cell research, which also involves embryo destruction.” (Raja Mishra, “Romney Endorses Stem Cell Research, Is Silent On Cloning,” The Boston Globe, 6/14/02)

FLOP: ...On Feb. 10, 2005 ... Romney came out strongly against the cloning technique ... He vowed to press for legislation to criminalize the work. Romney’s opposition stunned scientists, lawmakers, and observers because of his past statements endorsing, at least in general terms, embryonic stem cell research.” (Scott Helman, “Romney’s Journey To The Right,” The Boston Globe, 12/17/06)

Read more: 14 Bald-Faced Mitt Romney Flip-Flops That Were Dug Up By John McCain - Business Insider

true story

:eusa_whistle:

I've had a bald-faced flip-flop or two myself.

For instance, I used to hate fags and voted against gay marriage in my state.

Now I am a strong supporter of gay marriage.

And I am not even running for public office!

But it is a shame to see Romney take a giant leap backwards on stem cell research.

Much like Obama's opinion on gay marriage... except he didn't 'flip flop', he 'evolved'. Somehow it's different. Dunno how, it just is.

Dainty, give it up or grow a brain. Either is fine.

Much like Obama's opinion on gay marriage... except he didn't 'flip flop', he 'evolved'.

Yep. The semantics of partisan political rhetoric has always fascinated me. It's deep, visceral, powerful, effective stuff.

Oh wait.... I got a better example!

"Increasing the deficit is a sign of a failure of leadership". Barack Obama, 2006

I think we know where he stands on that now.

Oh, how about:

"There is no black America. There is no white America. There is the United States of America." Barack Obama, 2008.

"Typical white woman...." Barack Obama, 2008.

I don't know the particulars of the incident, but I know the police officer acted stupidly". Barack Obama, 2009

I love libtarded meltdowns in election years. It's just fascinating to watch.

Willow-twee and Cali-Boil hijack yet another thread with deflection and deceit

14 Bald-Faced Mitt Romney Flip-Flops That Were Dug Up By John McCain - Business Insider

or attempt to :rofl:

Embryonic stem cell research has been proven to be a very expensive failure. All of the advances in step cell research, and there have been many, have come from adult stem cell research. Embryonic stem cell research has only one important component, it somehow supports abortions.

OH Dante, you know that medicine isn't necessary on your Private AfterLife Planet, right? No need for science when you know that after you leave this Earth, you'll be transported in your magic, bullet-stopping underwear to a far off and distant planet all your own.

Cultists, the new Right-Wing hope.

Embryonic stem cell research has been proven to be a very expensive failure. All of the advances in step cell research, and there have been many, have come from adult stem cell research. Embryonic stem cell research has only one important component, it somehow supports abortions.

Oh yeah? That's news to me. How about you provide us a link or two?

Romney would allow his own loving wife to die a painful and miserable death if it meant winning an election

Obama would as well. Yet somehow you admire him for it.

Oh, so President Obama said he's against stem cell research? And which disease does Michelle have that would benefit from stem cell research again? I mean, if we're playing this game.

Romney would allow his own loving wife to die a painful and miserable death if it meant winning an election

Obama would as well. Yet somehow you admire him for it.

I doubt that either of them would. Dainty is a fucking moron for his pathetic remark, and you are no better than him for responding in kind. Both of you need to grow a fucking brain and stop being such partisan hacks.

Forum List

Back