Romney vs. the Negro

I wish it was something different, but that is what it really boils down to in the minds of the right wing nutters.

If the Negro wins, does that mean white males will be the next recipients of AA?

:eusa_eh:

Some people, including most minorities, voted for Obama because he WAS Black, and I categorize that as blatant racism. A lot of Whites voted for “the negro” and they did so because they thought he was the better candidate. Bush was very unpopular even among republicans. He abandoned even his conservative base with his drunken-sailor spending. Plus, McCain was a terrible candidate; an old, tired career politician who was too closely associated with Bush. The Obama campaign was brilliant in portraying McCain as just another Bush and Obama seemed like a much-needed breath of fresh air. “Change” was an exiting and promising word and it resonated with the majority of voters. A job well done for Obama's team.

But a lot has happened since that time. Obama has had ample time to demonstrate whether or not he is up to the task. There are racists out there who will vote against him solely because he is Black; however, I am convinced that most people will judge him on his performance. Not everyone will agree that his performance earned him another term. If he is not reelected, it will not be because he's Black, but because he has not performed as expected or because his campaign failed to motivate and energize the voters.

I think that Whites deserve a little more credit. The fact they voted for him in 2008 tends to prove that they were not racist. Since Obama's skin is just as dark - no more and no less - then it was during the 2008 election, a change in the voting pattern
would be more reasonably attributed to his job performance than his race.

In my opinion it's not about racism, at least not for most people. Some will vote for him because he is Black, and some will vote against him for the same foolish reason. However, I still have faith that the majority of people are not so shallow and will judge him fairly.

Sorry but this is BS

For starters many people vote because they want a candidate that reflects their values. Did majority of blacks vote for Obama because of his ethnicity, sure, but its not racism its choosing the candidate people believe he will reflect their interest that includes a candidate that looks like a specific population.

Give whites credit for what exactly?

There were many whites who didn't vote for Obama because of his name. Hell, white folks are still debating whether Obama is an American citizen. Sorry my community does not credit anyone. Theoretically, the only reason (and this is my view) why some white Americans voted for Obama is because he is bi-racial, and at least there is some ethnic relevance for whites to relate to.

I'm sorry that you see what I wrote as BS. However, you asked me what Whites should be given credit for and I will try to answer. I'll start with your own words. You said, "For starters many people vote because they want a candidate that reflects their values." I would assume that to be true for Whites as well as Blacks. Am I correct? As I recall, in the last election Obama got 43% of the White vote. These Whites certainly did not vote FOR him because the were prejudiced AGAINST him. I am convinced they voted for him because they believed his message and thought he was the better candidate. They judged him fairly, not because of his race, but because of things that were more important. In other words they voted for him because they wanted a candidate that reflects their values.

You also said, "Americans voted for Obama because he is bi-racial, and at least there is some ethnic relevance for Whites to relate to." Sorry, but your comment doesn't make sense. If race is the most dominate issue with Whites - as you seem to suggest - they would certainly have voted for someone who is White, not for someone who is bi-racial. Since your "ethnic relevance" theory cannot explain why Whites voted for the bi-racial Obama rather than the White candidate, I have to ask: why do you really think 43% of Whites voted for him? Could it be that Whites voted for him because they thought he reflected their values? Or are only Blacks capable of voting for those who reflect their values?

Now, I am going to throw something your way, food for thought as it were. I am a highly educated White and I vote for the best man without the slightest consideration for his race. You can believe it or not and frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a damn. This is a big world filled with a lot of people, and your opinion is merely singular. Since degrees are obviously important to you, I put the letters MBA, JD after my name and those degrees came with honors. Your being Black does not necessarily make you either more or less intelligent than I am. You may think that you are the most brilliant man in the universe, but I have met many men and woman, both Black and White, who are much smarter than either of us.

I will give you the last word. You are an intelligent man, but I think your disdain for Whites has blinded you. I believe your hatred is so deep and so controlling that there is nothing anyone could do to to lesson your consuming and misguided contempt for Whites.

I may appear to be inconsiderate by asking question for which I will not tarry to receive answers; however, the questions were asked merely to stimulate the minds of those who read my words.

OK, I am done with this tread. Good night and Goodbye all.

Forum List

Back