Romney VP pick

Bob McDonald would be a crazy pick.

It would shore up his base, but get him killed in the general election.

Transvaginal Bob would be almost as much a comedy dream as the budget Munster, Ryan.

Exorcist Bobby Jindal would be fun too.

:lol:

If he picks McDonald, Obama wins easily.

Romney and Ryan look alike, and R &R isn't a great team up. Both have a plain pound cake look, not an interesting pick. And Ryan will nullify any gains Romney could receive from Obama going nasty. Odd decision.

Last edited:
Anybody but Joe.

Because paying taxes is a law...it's not being patriotic.

BTW: I wonder how much Ryan gives to charity ?

If it is more that five dollars it probably exceeds what Mr. Biden does.

I was hoping he'd wait and announce it during the Dim convention, as a way to upstage some of it.
Doing so now to me sounds like he's trying to stop the bleeding from this weeks dive in the polls.

I was hoping he'd wait and announce it during the Dim convention, as a way to upstage some of it.
Doing so now to me sounds like he's trying to stop the bleeding from this weeks dive in the polls.

No doubt.

But the bleeding will continue as long as he does not release his tax returns.

No doubt.

But the bleeding will continue as long as he does not release his tax returns.

Just announced that Rubio will NOT be the VP pick....

Last edited:
and lose his House seat as well ...
Ryan as Vice President will be able to break ties in the Senate. ;)

Votes to Break Ties in the Senate "The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided" (U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 3). Since 1789, 244 tie-breaking votes have been cast. List of Senate ties that have been broken by Vice President of the USA.

Ryan can run for House seat, VP at same time under Wisconsin law - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

If Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) doesn't become vice president of the United States, he has a backup option: his old House seat.

Under Wisconsin law, Ryan can run simultaneously for both offices.

Under Wisconsin law, Ryan can run simultaneously for both offices.

i guess the Constitution prohibits holding more than one office but not running for more than one at the same time -

too bad, but I wonder what happens if he wins one and loses the other - or if he wins both, is choosing one over the other really ethical to the constituents of either election ???

- it is not the same as holding office that does not expire simultaneously with the current election.

Forum List

Back