Romney visits Solyndra

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
I must say it probably was quite a feat to keep this quiet until it was done. Solyndra and Obamites would have stripped the place of any remnants of what the wasted taxpayer money was spent on.

gty_solyndra_bankrupt_thg_111104_wblog.jpg

<snip>
Mitt Romney arrived at the shuttered headquarters of Solyndra Inc. this morning, a surprise visit that was shrouded in secrecy and part of the presumptive GOP presidential candidate’s attack on President Obama’s record on jobs creation.

“The reason for keeping it quiet is because we knew if word got out that Solyndra would do everything in their power and the Obama administration would do everything in their power to stop us from having this news conference,” an aide said in a briefing en route. “But taxpayers made a substantial investment in Solyndra, there are serious questions about what happened at Solyndra, why that investment was selected, what happened to that money.”

Solyndra is the failed California-based solar technology company that received more than $500 million in federal stimulus money before it went bankrupt last year. It has since become a mantle of Romney’s argument that Obama doesn’t know how to run the economy.

Mitt Romney Visits Solyndra Amid Attack on Obama Jobs Record - ABC News

I am glad that Romney is giving as good as he gets. I was so disappointed at McCain playing the nice guy and taking crap from the Obama campaign without fighting back. Romney is being proactive and that is a good thing.

We've all had questions about Solyndra and the other solar companies that gobbled up billions in tax payer money without a thing to show for it. I really do think it's money laundering and the money did not all get spent on the business and lost. I think it just got transferred.

Last edited:
I am glad that Romney is giving as good as he gets. I was so disappointed at McCain playing the nice guy and taking crap from the Obama campaign without fighting back. Romney is being proactive and that is a good thing.

We've all had questions about Solyndra and the other solar companies that gobbled up billions in tax payer money without a thing to show for it. I really do think it's money laundering and the money did not all get spent on the business and lost. I think it just got transferred.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. McCain and Co. appeared to be afraid of the chosen one. Romney's been down this road before, he's not scared. :)

Romney need no more fear Obama's being black, than Obama should fear and doesn't, Romney's being of minority religious belief. Obama is Christian, right? How dare he attack a minority belief.

Great, did he meet with the Solyndra employees and explain to them how he's going to stop Chinese subsidization of their Solar industry so American solar manufacturers don't go bankrupt anymore?

No, I imagine he didn't talk about that part much, did he?

I must say it probably was quite a feat to keep this quiet until it was done. Solyndra and Obamites would have stripped the place of any remnants of what the wasted taxpayer money was spent on.

gty_solyndra_bankrupt_thg_111104_wblog.jpg

<snip>
Mitt Romney arrived at the shuttered headquarters of Solyndra Inc. this morning, a surprise visit that was shrouded in secrecy and part of the presumptive GOP presidential candidate’s attack on President Obama’s record on jobs creation.

“The reason for keeping it quiet is because we knew if word got out that Solyndra would do everything in their power and the Obama administration would do everything in their power to stop us from having this news conference,” an aide said in a briefing en route. “But taxpayers made a substantial investment in Solyndra, there are serious questions about what happened at Solyndra, why that investment was selected, what happened to that money.”

Solyndra is the failed California-based solar technology company that received more than $500 million in federal stimulus money before it went bankrupt last year. It has since become a mantle of Romney’s argument that Obama doesn’t know how to run the economy.

Mitt Romney Visits Solyndra Amid Attack on Obama Jobs Record - ABC News

Yeah right, it was secret to ensure the leftist liars didn't hire a few hundred actors/union fucks to make that failed experiment look more successful by paying them 8 bucks an hour to walk around to look like Solyndra is more solvent than it is....

Surprise inspections are a good thing.....

You know, I love how right-wingers talk about Solyndra like they have some kind of point.

When really the only point that there is to make about Solyndra is that the Chinese gave more of a shit about controlling the clean energy market than we did.

You know, I love how right-wingers talk about Solyndra like they have some kind of point.

When really the only point that there is to make about Solyndra is that the Chinese gave more of a shit about controlling the clean energy market than we did.

There is no point there??

It is astounding how you leftists tolerate this batshit crazy Obamafuck...

You're so fucking partisan that Obama could sacrifice his daughters on the White House lawn and you would applaud him.

It is fucking disgusting.... The guy can do no wrong in your eyes......

You're so fucking partisan that Obama could sacrifice his daughters on the White House lawn and you would applaud him.

Yeah...

Let me ask you something:

Why is the American solar industry failing, when there's clearly a demand for their product?

Why is the Chinese solar industry dominating the world market right now?

Answer those questions and then get back to me on Solyndra. K?

Chevy Volts are lighting on fire, Solyndra is a failure, stimulus dollars saved few jobs, the economy is a wreck - yet all you ignorant blind progressives do is tell us all how great Obamafuck is....

Everything Obamafuck touches turns to shit.........

Yeah...

Why is the American solar industry failing, when there's clearly a demand for their product?

wasn't Solyndra union?

Yeah...

There is no demand for the "product." The little demand there is comes from progressives like you who will gladly pay 30k for a car that lights on fire just so you can look "trendy and progressive."

Listen here little shit - the majority of progressives don't do all this green bullshit for the environment they do it to look cool in front of their other brainwashed "green" friends....

Great, did he meet with the Solyndra employees and explain to them how he's going to stop Chinese subsidization of their Solar industry so American solar manufacturers don't go bankrupt anymore?

No, I imagine he didn't talk about that part much, did he?

Well no, he didn't meet with any employees. In case no one told you, they laid them all off and declared bankruptcy. They are gone, like forever with lots of taxpayer $$$$ Keep up man!! :lol:

Are you forgetting to mention the "Republican" connection? The only mistake Obama made was believing Republicans about anything. They have no business sense. They lie. The shift blame. They try to take credit for what others do. The party is an "odious" party.

What McConnell neglected to mention is that Solyndra was cleared to participate in this loan-guarantee program by President George W. Bush’s administration. He also did not mention that the legislation creating the loan-guarantee program, approved by the Republican-controlled Congress in 2005, received yes votes from — wait for it — DeMint, Hatch and McConnell.

Bush’s Energy Department apparently adjusted its regulations to make sure that Solyndra would be eligible for the guarantees.

Solyndra and the Republican Connection

Yeah...

Why was investing $500,000,000 in Solyndra a good idea? Surely obama knew what the Chinese were up to.

Last edited:
Are you forgetting to mention the "Republican" connection? The only mistake Obama made was believing Republicans about anything. They have no business sense. They lie. The shift blame. They try to take credit for what others do. The party is an "odious" party.

What McConnell neglected to mention is that Solyndra was cleared to participate in this loan-guarantee program by President George W. Bush’s administration. He also did not mention that the legislation creating the loan-guarantee program, approved by the Republican-controlled Congress in 2005, received yes votes from — wait for it — DeMint, Hatch and McConnell.

Bush’s Energy Department apparently adjusted its regulations to make sure that Solyndra would be eligible for the guarantees.

Solyndra and the Republican Connection

Jesus, now it's Booooosssshhhh's fault. Grow up you idiot, the Obama administration owns this, free and clear, minus a few million bucks of taxpayer dollars. :eusa_boohoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back