Romney used to be an LDS bishop

For someone who used to be a Mormon leader, I'm surprised he's not more openly religious. I guess he knows that his potential voters would crucify him for that.

What do you expect him to do? Mention it every day?

I don't and I consider myself religious.

Why not? Santorum did.

Actually, the media did. He simply answered their questions as he isn't ashamed of his faith.

For someone who used to be a Mormon leader, I'm surprised he's not more openly religious. I guess he knows that his potential voters would crucify him for that.

His potential voters don't seem to much care. Looks like only you of the hate-filled left give a shit.

The only thing these wackos want is an avowed atheist as president. Maybe we could get a great one like Hitler, Stalin, Castro, Moa, oh wait bad idea....I'll take the chance of a Christian since they've been doing it for 200 years and no more muslims, they suck!

Do you want an ex-bishop as Prez?

LDS leaders are lay clergy. That means that, in addition to working a full-time job, they also administer a religious congregation. They aren't pastors in the protestant sense, or priests in the catholic sense. Their role is primarily administrative.

What do you expect him to do? Mention it every day?

I don't and I consider myself religious.

Why not? Santorum did.

Actually, the media did. He simply answered their questions as he isn't ashamed of his faith.

Santorum brought up religion frequently and my sense was that he was politicizing religion. It is my sense that Obama politicized religion by joining his hate whitey church and calling himself a Christian and then never attending church one time since he's been to Washington. Libs charged that Bush politicized religion as well. Romney need not be blamed for not dragging his religion on to the campaign trail. He's being prudent. Is that not what we want from our politicians?

That is impressive. Mitt is MONEY!!! He rises to the top in everything: business, family, even religion. He's loaded with win.
win.jpg

For the same reason Harry Reid keeps his mormonism under wraps. Read all about it here:

Times and Seasons has selected Harry Reid as Mormon of the Year for 2009.

During 2009, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was the most visible and influential Mormon politician in the world, shepherding Democratic legislative proposals through the U.S. Senate after the party’s victories in the 2008 elections, including a landmark health care bill that represents one of the more controversial pieces of legislation to pass through the Senate in recent memory. Reid’s off-the-cuff style has also led occasionally to unscripted remarks that have attracted a lot of attention.

While Reid’s faith is not always discussed as much as that of other Mormon politicians, he remains an active member of his ward. In recent years he has helped the Church on some crucial issues, including helping to broker a compromise over Martin’s Cove. Reid spoke openly about his faith in a 2007 address at Brigham Young University and touched on his conversion and beliefs in his recently published memoir.

A fixture in Nevada politics who has dedicated his life to public service for decades, Reid has long advocated that one can consistently be both a Democrat and a Mormon.

more: Times and Seasons 2009 Mormon of the Year: Harry Reid | Times & Seasons

I like it when AquaAthena posts.

Makes you feel a little less gay, right?

It helps that she's not a troll like you. And she's pleasant and she makes good points. You don't have one of those three qualities. And of course her hot avi puts her over the top. You on the other hand, live under a bridge and nobody wants you over anything.

And what's with the using "gay" as an insult. Do you think you have a pass b/c you're liberal? No. You don't homophobe.

Last edited:
Do you want an ex-bishop as Prez?

Yes Yes Yes. and emphatic YES..

I wonder what the (liberal) implication was? That we're not supposed to trust religious people? I guess they can't all profess to be Christian and then not go to church like Barry Hussein.

I'm an evangelical Christian and a conservative, but I keep the two seperate. Always have, always will. I expect any politician of any religious or political persausion to do the same. It doesn't matter a whit to me if a president goes to church while in office or not. For all the support Reagan got from the religious right, the man rarely stepped a foot inside a church before, during or after his presidency. Actually, none should go to church as all the security precautions would make it a damn mess for the rest of the church goers. I work in downtown Oklahoma City and I remember when Reagan, Clinton and just within the last month, Obama came to town. I was at the 2005 National Boy Scout Jamboree at Fort AP Hill when Bush came to speak to the 40,000 people there. Each event was such a disruption for so many people, I've determined that I never want to be anywhere a president is, ever again.

What's with the crap about Romney's religion. Yeah it's abit kooky, but it's not like he's a jihadist. I find it funny that most on "Christian right" dont care about his mormon, but the "tolerant" left cant stand it and try to make it an issue. Hypocricy once again lefties.

Forum List

Back