Romney: Uninsured can take ambulance to the emergency room

Romneys statement is correct, he simply failed to address the real issue, which is who the hell ends up paying for that ambulance, the emergency care that person receives and the weeks worth of hospital care they get once they are admitted.

Of course! The tax payers pay for all of that. Romney is running on the promise of killing Obamacare, when he orginated the entire plan. Mitt has a Big Problem explaining that one away.

Romneys statement is correct, he simply failed to address the real issue, which is who the hell ends up paying for that ambulance, the emergency care that person receives and the weeks worth of hospital care they get once they are admitted.

Of course! The tax payers pay for all of that. Romney is running on the promise of killing Obamacare, when he orginated the entire plan. Mitt has a Big Problem explaining that one away.

The explination is so simple even you should be able to understand, it's called federalism. States try things on their own, without relying on the feds.

Last edited:

Meh, he's not really running on that. I think anyone who is hoping a Romney win will eliminate heathcare reform will be sorely disappointed if he wins.

They will be sorely disappointed because Romney never said he will eliminate healthcare reform. He has always said he would replace obamacare and even keep some of the more workable provisions.

We don't know what he addressed! All we know is what this clip says.

I'm going to say it again since you didn't get it the first time:

GO FIND OUT!

They will be sorely disappointed because Romney never said he will eliminate healthcare reform. He has always said he would replace obamacare and even keep some of the more workable provisions.

And replace it with "what"? The Emergency Room?

“Well, we do provide care for people who don’t have insurance,” Romney told interviewer Scott Pelley. “If someone has a heart attack, they don’t sit in their apartment and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care.”

Romney: Uninsured have emergency rooms

----------------------------------------

WOW! That sounds fantastic. I thought the Emergency Room could cost anywhere from 10 to hundreds of times the cost of visiting a doctor. Guess I was wrong. It must be "FREE". The Emergency Room is "FREE".

---------------------------------------

Uninsured children in the emergency department tend to get less care than those with coverage, a team of researchers at the Children’s Hospital in Boston recently found. Their results, published in the Journal of Pediatrics, showed that uninsured kids were 22 percent less likely to receive tests, undergo procedures or receive prescription medication.

The emergency department is not health insurance

-----------------------------------------

I know, I know, "Let them die". It's the "Right Wing American Christian" way.

Right wingers on the USMB will attack Obama. When are they going to support Mitt Romney? At least tell us what he stands for and not what you "imagine" he stands for.

Well, son, if you're sitting at home having chest pains and a heart attack you'd be a fucking fool to visit your doctor's office, but then we already had a good idea that you are indeed a fucking fool. Kerry on!

Wow Dean. So you think if a person that is having a heart attack should go to the doctors first instead of going to the hospital.. My dad had a heart attack and died on the way to the hospital .. If your theory is right he should have went to the doctor first and he would be alive now . GAWD you are a moron

My friends husband dropped dead from a heart attack. He was active duty military in great shape , went to the doctors regularly and still died from a heart attack. He was only 39 years old..

“Well, we do provide care for people who don’t have insurance,” Romney told interviewer Scott Pelley. “If someone has a heart attack, they don’t sit in their apartment and die. We pick them up in an ambulance, and take them to the hospital, and give them care. And different states have different ways of providing for that care.”

WOW! That sounds fantastic. I thought the Emergency Room could cost anywhere from 10 to hundreds of times the cost of visiting a doctor. Guess I was wrong. It must be "FREE". The Emergency Room is "FREE".

Uninsured children in the emergency department tend to get less care than those with coverage, a team of researchers at the Children’s Hospital in Boston recently found. Their results, published in the Journal of Pediatrics, showed that uninsured kids were 22 percent less likely to receive tests, undergo procedures or receive prescription medication.

Right wingers on the USMB will attack Obama. When are they going to support Mitt Romney? At least tell us what he stands for and not what you "imagine" he stands for.

Under Obama's guidance the health care debate has been rife with lies and distortions aimed at producing an ideologically "correct" policy whether we needed it or wanted it or not. Not only do the uninsured have the same access to emergency treatment that the insured have, but HEW already provides through a partnership with state governments clinics that provide complete health care on a sliding scale basis so that rich or poor, you pay only what you can legitimately afford.

HRSA health centers care for you, even if you have no health insurance. You pay what you can afford, based on your income. Health centers provide

•checkups when you're well
•treatment when you're sick
•complete care when you're pregnant
•immunizations and checkups for your children
•dental care and prescription drugs for your family
•mental health and substance abuse care if you need it

Health centers are in most cities and many rural areas. Type in your address and click the 'Find Health Centers' button to find health centers near you.

HRSA - Find a Health Center - Search Page

Last edited:
Wow Dean. So you think if a person that is having a heart attack should go to the doctors first instead of going to the hospital.. My dad had a heart attack and died on the way to the hospital .. If your theory is right he should have went to the doctor first and he would be alive now . GAWD you are a moron

My friends husband dropped dead from a heart attack. He was active duty military in great shape , went to the doctors regularly and still died from a heart attack. He was only 39 years old..

Holy shit, the conversation is WAAAAY over your head as well. Like, miles above. Be proud of yourself though.

Well, son, if you're sitting at home having chest pains and a heart attack you'd be a fucking fool to visit your doctor's office, but then we already had a good idea that you are indeed a fucking fool. Kerry on!

Hopefully, you would have visited the doctor before the symptoms got that bad. Unless of course, you had no health care. Then you would just have to die. The Republican's Plan all along.

OK, there you go. That's why you shouldn't have health care.

Idiot.

Hey rdean universal health care recipient here. You know. Canada. We pay for our ambulances in Manitoba.

On top of 5% gst tax for my free health insurance. On everything. Goldfish pay 5% Midol 5% Condoms 5% Mascara 5% are you getting how much I pay for my free healthcare?

Idiot.

Hey pay 5% tax on everything right across the board and you too can have "free" health insurance.

Oh and we are blessed these days. The Conservatives reduced the GST from 7% to 5%.

You want to pay 5% across the board to provide healthcare for your nation?

Try relying on the emergency room if you have cancer.

My brother was an uninsured intravenous drug addict and contracted AIDS. He received world class medical care from Yale during the entirety of his illness, right up to his last days.

Last edited:

Idiot.

Hey pay 5% tax on everything right across the board and you too can have "free" health insurance.

Oh and we are blessed these days. The Conservatives reduced the GST from 7% to 5%.

You want to pay 5% across the board to provide healthcare for your nation?

Having no healthcare and relying on emergency rooms is so much cheaper.

Canada doesn't even have much of a military since they rely on the US so much.

Romney was against emergency room care before he was for it

Romney was against emergency room care before he was for it

Last edited:

Forum List

Back