Romney To Olympians: ‘You Didn’t Get Here Solely On Your Own’

LOL Why are you so intellectually bankrupt, your only play is the race card.

Public schools?

my guess is you had your ass kicked, either that or when Hip Hop came about, you just shit your pants and have been cowering in the corner ever since, hating minorities comes natural to some

Your obsession with racism has nothing to do with this thread as no one in this thread has made any comments about race or even implied racist feelings.

He's in posession of nothing else but innuendo and zero fact.

He said it in 2002.

Almost word for word what Obama said

Not even close.

Obama said, "Have you got a business? You didn't build that."

Romney did not say, "You have an Olympic medal? You didn't win that."

There is a world of difference in pointing out how the whole American culture and society works together for mutual benefit simply by everybody doing their own thing and in suggesting that it is our responsibility to work for somebody else's benefit.

There is a world of difference between suggesting that what we earn is not ours but belongs to everybody and in praising those who have put their support and resources behind an effort to accomplish something.

:lol:

Well, as a Mormon he officially hates Black people and Gay People, not sure who else

that is a matter of undeniable and absolute fact

Care to bolster your argument? I know personally many Mormons and thier families. They're very fine upstanding people that treat everyone fairly regardless.

You have no clue except the trash you've been spoonfed.

And what does Romney's religion have to do with the price of tea in China?

NOTHING, dolt.

I rest my case, defending a religion that hates people as a primary part of their faith

like i have said, he could shoot infants on live tv and you would ask me what is my problem with that too

repeat after me

"I hate Obama cuz he is Black and no I cant point to a single thing he has done otherwise"

Are you part of the "Liberal Intellectual Elite"?

Care to bolster your argument? I know personally many Mormons and thier families. They're very fine upstanding people that treat everyone fairly regardless.

You have no clue except the trash you've been spoonfed.

And what does Romney's religion have to do with the price of tea in China?

NOTHING, dolt.

I rest my case, defending a religion that hates people as a primary part of their faith

like i have said, he could shoot infants on live tv and you would ask me what is my problem with that too

repeat after me

"I hate Obama cuz he is Black and no I cant point to a single thing he has done otherwise"

How often do you operate under the belief, lying strengthens your position?

The kid is a race baiter.

repeat after me

How often do you operate under the belief, lying strengthens your position?

The kid is a race baiter.

Can you smell that?

PUNKED LEFTY :D

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

repeat after me

No one is defending Reverend Wright's Church.

And your claims against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are false.

For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile. (2 Nephi 26:33)

Doesn't sound very hateful to me at all.

oh and we can point to countless things Obama has screwed up on.

A stimulus that doesnt benefit the economy but instead campaign donors and finances foreign companies
Obamacare (No need to say more).
Subversion of the Constitution through executive orders

I could go on, but I dont really need to. I've already proven my point.

Everybody does, but Romney wasn't trying to build a case for raising taxes. And he sure as hell didn't imply that the gov't deserves the credit for their accomplishments in getting to the Olympics, let alone if they win a medal.

This was the best candidate your money could buy? Shop harder in 4 years.

We should be thankful. Considering he choices, it could have been a lot worse.

repeat after me

No one is defending Reverend Wright's Church.

And your claims against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are false.

For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile. (2 Nephi 26:33)

Doesn't sound very hateful to me at all.

oh and we can point to countless things Obama has screwed up on.

A stimulus that doesnt benefit the economy but instead campaign donors and finances foreign companies
Obamacare (No need to say more).
Subversion of the Constitution through executive orders

I could go on, but I dont really need to. I've already proven my point.

Yes you have. The Mormon Church are Christains, and belive in the doctrine of Jesus. All there is to it.

Don't be distracted by this rube. He's just uneducated and on Summer vacation. Mommy isn't home and a chance to practice his indoctrination of hate. Darned shame.

he didnt say what you say he said and what he did say is not just true, but obviously so and only a racist and a terrorist would argue with him

you dont think i am here to debate with you slime terrorist racists, do you?

oh my, are you all so confused, I fear the future will be very upsetting to you minority racist shitbags

Actually yeah he did. "If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen." That's a direct quote. It means he said it. There is video of him saying just that. The fact that you are denying what he clearly said is quite disturbing. It means you have the ability to lie to yourself to such a degree that you could deny the sun was shining at noon. It's not healthy.

And FYI, I dont think you have the skill or ability to debate with anyone in a serious discussion. You dont know how to do anything by throw petty insults with no substance out. My guess is you are here to satisfy your ego and convince yourself that it's alright to lie and ignore reality for something you believe in.

Well it used to be that when they were completely out of ammo, they invoked Godwin's Law.

Now the code phrase is "racist" when they don't have anything else to defend their position.

But it's the M.O. of so many on the Left who simply cannot or will not admit the truth about their chosen ones. Anybody with a brain knows what Obama said and exactly what he meant when he said it. Ever since they have been dodging and weaving and diverting and obfusicating trying to twist his words into something more acceptable, and they continually deny he said it at all.

That falls into the category of telling a lie often enough until it is accepted as the truth. And when we repost the video of the exact words again and again and again, all this one has left to protest is to derail the conversation with accusations of racism.

So don't take the bait fellow patriots. Let's just keep posting the video and keeping the focus there. Maybe sometimes if we tell the truth often enough and frequently enough, that will sink in too.

Last edited:
72% of americans believe business owners did do it on their own.

Did he tell them that they didn't get there? That this wasnt their victory? Their honor?

Nice try

Note the source? [ThinkProgress]. They're getting desparate to foist upon us that Romney actually agrees with Obama. Far from it. And the Olympics are far removed from small businesses that Obama attacked Friday week in Roaboke, Va.

It's disingenuous. The OP should know better. The Comparison is Apples to the byproduct after horses consume them.
ROMNEY: I know that you recognize a lot of people help you in a business. Perhaps the bank, the investors. There is no question your mom and dad, your school teachers. The people who provide roads, the fire, the police. A lot of people help.

Did he tell them that they didn't get there? That this wasnt their victory? Their honor?

Nice try

Note the source? [ThinkProgress]. They're getting desparate to foist upon us that Romney actually agrees with Obama. Far from it. And the Olympics are far removed from small businesses that Obama attacked Friday week in Roaboke, Va.

It's disingenuous. The OP should know better. The Comparison is Apples to the byproduct after horses consume them.
ROMNEY: I know that you recognize a lot of people help you in a business. Perhaps the bank, the investors. There is no question your mom and dad, your school teachers. The people who provide roads, the fire, the police. A lot of people help.

That was the President's point. To suggest otherwise is intellectual dishonesty. The same that some of Obama's surrogates practice from time to time. Making it such a focal point is not helpful to the Governor however.

Nice try

just a reminder...

Obama said "you didnt do that." when referring to building a sucessful company.

Did Romeny tell the athletrs that "they didnt earn the right to be in the olympics"\

If not, stop with the non applicable comparison.

That was the President's point. To suggest otherwise is intellectual dishonesty. The same that some of Obama's surrogates practice from time to time. Making it such a focal point is not helpful to the Governor however.

I suggest you listen to his speech again. Not just the very last line.

There is no intellectual dishonesty here.

I heard the entire speech.

Most discussed how a successful business owner was NOT the one who built it.

The president's real point was that successful people owe the gov't more in taxes cuz that's how the successful people became successful. It's a bullshit argument, but that's what he really thinks.

If that was the President's point he should have made it. I've watched;listened to the video and read the transcript a number of times now. He didn't.

To back up Misty's post, this is from Rasmussen's site today:

Monday, July 23, 2012

Most Americans believe entrepreneurs who start businesses do more to create jobs and economic growth than big businesses or government. They also believe overwhelmingly that small business owners work harder than other Americans and are primarily responsible for the success or failure of their businesses.

Seventy-two percent (72%) of Likely U.S. Voters believe that people who start small businesses are primarily responsible for their success or failure. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that only 13% disagree. (To see survey question. . . .)

72% Believe Small Business Owners Primarily Responsible for Their Own Success - Rasmussen Reports™

Do you honestly think the President's point of view is anywhere close to how most of America sees it? Have you heard Romney say anything to suggest that he doesn't see it as most of America sees it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back