Romney To Nevadans: I Don’t Know ‘What The Purpose Is’ Of Public Lands

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Jessica Goad

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney likes to sing about America the beautiful, but he mainly seems interested in mining it.

In an interview with the editorial board of the Reno Gazette-Journal last night, Mitt Romney expressed his ignorance of why the United States owns and manages approximately 80 percent of Nevada‘s land, most of it uninhabitable mountains and desert. In response to a question about whether he would sell public lands back to the state, Romney stated that that “I haven’t studied it, what the purpose is of the land”:

More: Romney To Nevadans: I Don’t Know ‘What The Purpose Is’ Of Public Lands (Hint: They Pump $1 Billion Into the State Economy)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HE9LuoXk4M&feature=player_embedded]Romney: I Don't Know 'What The Purpose Is' Of Public Lands - YouTube[/ame]

If it was off shore or concerned a foreign business, he'd figure it out. If he can't make a buck off dissolving it, well, then, its just beyond his understanding.

Romney To Nevadans: I Don’t Know ‘What The Purpose Is’ Of Public Lands

He must have seen some local poll that suggests that is good idea. The next state that may care about it he will sing a different tune.

Like most of the silver spoon set, he has no inkling of his connection to the land. Food is what you find in supermarkets, and clean water is what you get out of a fawcet.

jeopardy-hammers.jpg

Mitt needs a lifelike robot, programmed with sensible answers. Most couldn't tell the difference between him and the robot.

By Jessica Goad

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney likes to sing about America the beautiful, but he mainly seems interested in mining it.

In an interview with the editorial board of the Reno Gazette-Journal last night, Mitt Romney expressed his ignorance of why the United States owns and manages approximately 80 percent of Nevada‘s land, most of it uninhabitable mountains and desert. In response to a question about whether he would sell public lands back to the state, Romney stated that that “I haven’t studied it, what the purpose is of the land”:
More: Romney To Nevadans: I Don’t Know ‘What The Purpose Is’ Of Public Lands (Hint: They Pump $1 Billion Into the State Economy)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HE9LuoXk4M&feature=player_embedded"]Romney: I Don't Know 'What The Purpose Is' Of Public Lands - YouTube[/ame]

Well then, genius, why does the federal government own 80% of Nevada?

For the same reason that it owns nearly that much of Oregon. Empty lands that had to be protected against use that damaged it and the people that depend on it. Much of this land is easily damaged, much is watersheds for the areas that are usable for agriculture and urban areas.

By Jessica Goad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HE9LuoXk4M&feature=player_embedded"]Romney: I Don't Know 'What The Purpose Is' Of Public Lands - YouTube[/ame]

Well then, genius, why does the federal government own 80% of Nevada?

Read the OP link, you dumbfuck.

For the same reason that it owns nearly that much of Oregon. Empty lands that had to be protected against use that damaged it and the people that depend on it. Much of this land is easily damaged, much is watersheds for the areas that are usable for agriculture and urban areas.

Most of Nevada is desert, not watersheds, want to try again?

Did you write the OP link? If not, why should I read it to get the answer to a question I asked you? Is it because you do not actually have an answer?

Last edited:

when did 50% become nearly as much as 80+%?

when did the desert become a watershed?

at least romney admitted he didn't know, which is more than i can say for you and the other hacks in this thread. :lol:

He was asked a question on a subject he had no knowledge on. He asked a question so he could make an informed answer.
Do you suppose, even now, barack obama knows why the federal government owns so much land in Nevada?

I bet he'll know before the first debate though, now that it's become an issue.

So Lakhota, besides military bases, why DOES the federal government own most of Nevada?

He was asked a question on a subject he had no knowledge on. He asked a question so he could make an informed answer.
Do you suppose, even now, barack obama knows why the federal government owns so much land in Nevada?

So Lakhota, besides military bases, why DOES the federal government own most of Nevada?

Most probaly because Nevadans have made no prospectus of anything to do with it except perhaps another 'Mustang Ranch'.

Ernie, let's cut to the chase: FUCK YOU! You retarded keyboard bullies just get the negging over with and skip the foreplay.

Ernie, let's cut to the chase: FUCK YOU! You retarded keyboard bullies just get the negging over with and skip the foreplay.

Whining about neg rep again? I'm disappointed.

Whining about neg rep again? I'm disappointed.

Fuck you, elvis.

Forum List

Back