Romney to endorse McCain

I never implied that catholics could not find other catholics to throw money at. Does your source touch on the dogmatic criteria that Catholic Charities sees as it's moral obligation when doling out charity though? no.

If the point of federal aid were to bulk up only those who conform to the moral requirement of the christian organization then your numbers might be impressive. As it is, handing this baton to religious organizations opens the next arguement regarding their religious standard when applying aid. I'm just not interested in tossing all charity work to an organization that insists that you be baptized in the trinity in order to recieve food stamps. I am not interested in any dogma becoming the standard of any social aid.

Religious charities unite against discrimination bill
DENVER (CNA) - Several faith-based organizations are protesting a proposed Colorado law that would forbid charities which receive government funds from using religious-based hiring standards.
http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=26676

Get a job then you don't have to worry about foodstamps. Stop looking for handouts. There are great non-religious charities as well do you need the websites for those?

Hey, you mentioned abuse of charities so I figured you might be interested in the same types of abuse found in the same place whre you want to thros money at. Feel free to stamp your foot and rail against the lower classes though. I've certainly never seen anyone blame poor people for being poor before.

Romney endorses McCain?!? I don’t understand it. I thought that the two conservatives would stick together. I though that Romney would endorse Huckabee. Would someone explain this to me? :confused: :eusa_eh:

I think Romney is looking at potential and possibility rather than sticking to his so-called political underpinnings.

Why should I have to pay any of my hard dollars(taxes) on a person that doesn't work? Why should our government give handouts? Isn't their private charities that can do a much more effective job of helping the poor? I have no problem with charties not paying taxes in order to help the unfortunate but I don't believe we as taxpayers should have to foot the bill. I fervently believe that private charity organizations could do a much better job of sifting out the abuse of charity that is currently going on with govermental beauracies.

Why should you pay your hard earned dollars to subsidize farm markets or other corporate subsidies? Do the rich deserve your money but a child in a poor family does not? Forget the small amount that may? may go to a lazy person that can be my taxes, your taxes are going to wealthy farmers. Boy you are a sap - joking.

Hey, you mentioned abuse of charities so I figured you might be interested in the same types of abuse found in the same place whre you want to thros money at. Feel free to stamp your foot and rail against the lower classes though. I've certainly never seen anyone blame poor people for being poor before.

It's a broken system when someone makes money and has to be robbed by the government. The average worker in America works until April for them to actually make any money because of taxes. On top of that, their representatives in Congress can't balance the budget. Our country is 9 trillion dollars in debt. 680 billion dollars last year went to social programs thats absurd. That is the most money spent by any other part of government, how can you justify that?

Why should you pay your hard earned dollars to subsidize farm markets or other corporate subsidies? Do the rich deserve your money but a child in a poor family does not? Forget the small amount that may? may go to a lazy person that can be my taxes, your taxes are going to wealthy farmers. Boy you are a sap - joking.

The U.S. government spent less than 80 billion dollars for the whole Dept. of Agriculture seems as though that is less of problem than class warfare through social programs which totals 680 billion.

Nobody deserves my money, its mine. So the government should stop socilaistic robbery.

clearly, federal debt and unbalanced budgets is caused by the lower class.

It's a good thing that we assume that ken lay represents all ceos much like we are assuming that all poor people are lazy deadbeats just because some of them are.

Perhaps we use the gov. to apply social relief using much of the same arguement that allowed Halliburton a no bid contract: because private charities are simply not equipped to handle the need. Maybe we should blame the people doling out no bid contracts during clusterfuck wars instead of looking for a reason to blame the poor?

Nobody deserves my money, its mine. So the government should stop socilaistic robbery.

yet, you don't function in a vacuum when earning your money. You are still riding in the same boat as the rest of us. I hear mexico has a great system of bribery instead of taxation... hint hint..

clearly, federal debt and unbalanced budgets is caused by the lower class.

It's a good thing that we assume that ken lay represents all ceos much like we are assuming that all poor people are lazy deadbeats just because some of them are.

Perhaps we use the gov. to apply social relief using much of the same arguement that allowed Halliburton a no bid contract: because private charities are simply not equipped to handle the need. Maybe we should blame the people doling out no bid contracts during clusterfuck wars instead of looking for a reason to blame the poor?

I challenge to show me where no bid contracts totaled 680 billion dollars?

yet, you don't function in a vacuum when earning your money. You are still riding in the same boat as the rest of us. I hear mexico has a great system of bribery instead of taxation... hint hint..

I pay my taxes for education, defense, infrastruction and etc... not for governmental charity.

So... the amount that disappeared into the Halliburton monster is irrelevant to your equasion of fiscal responsibility?

nice.

ghetto mammas probably caused that decision anyway.

I pay my taxes for education, defense, infrastruction and etc... not for governmental charity.

And I pay my taxes for education, infrastructure, etc.. not for frivolous foreign invasions.

when do we both get to decide what bills get paid with our taxes?

And I pay my taxes for education, infrastructure, etc.. not for frivolous foreign invasions.

when do we both get to decide what bills get paid with our taxes?

The whole budget for the defense department was 580 billion hardly compares to the 680 billion for social programs. We get decide what bills get paid when hold our representatives resposibile for their actions.

The whole budget for the defense department was 580 billion hardly compares to the 680 billion for social programs. We get decide what bills get paid when hold our representatives resposibile for their actions.

indeed, so go hold the guy you voted for in 04 responsible for blowing a budget with a frivolous war that was more unnecessary than taking care of Americans.

what you think hardly compares is probably as significant as my opinion on the superiority of chinese food.

indeed, so go hold the guy you voted for in 04 responsible for blowing a budget with a frivolous war that was more unnecessary than taking care of Americans.

what you think hardly compares is probably as significant as my opinion on the superiority of chinese food.

Uh...680-580 billion is 100 billion....that's the whole defense budget. So guess where the most savings for the defecit could come from? By my calculations social programs...am I right?

Uh...680-580 billion is 100 billion....that's the whole defense budget. So guess where the most savings for the defecit could come from? By my calculations social programs...am I right?

Not at all. WE THE PEOPLE get more return from social programs than we do playing conquistador with a game of Risk L.a.r.p. You assume that social programs return less value to the American population than the military budget. we all know about opinions and assholes, dont we. Stop voting for people who are going to bloat the gov with halliburton handouts rather than cry on my shoulder that your taxes get spent despite your opinion of poor people. I've read the bumper sticker too. We've all got bumper stickers.

Not at all. WE THE PEOPLE get more return from social programs than we do playing conquistador with a game of Risk L.a.r.p. You assume that social programs return less value to the American population than the military budget. we all know about opinions and assholes, dont we. Stop voting for people who are going to bloat the gov with halliburton handouts rather than cry on my shoulder that your taxes get spent despite your opinion of poor people. I've read the bumper sticker too. We've all got bumper stickers.

There is NO Constitutional power for "Social Programs" But guess what? The Defense of the Nation IS a power and responsibility of the Government.

clearly, invading iraq was defending this nation.

clearly

Your right we get a huge return on social programs. Every sixty or seventy years we get a whole new generation of slackards and freeloaders holding their hand out. So lets keep feeding that huge monster that keeps getting bigger and bigger. You say abuse of the social system doesn't happen that often. I see it everyday, I work in multi-family real estate management. There is tons of it. Get a clue the private sector has always been able to do things better than government. But your a typical liberal you think you can't wipe your own ass, you need the government to do it for you.,

Forum List

Back