Romney throws Eastwood Under the bus

NOt at all. ROmney gets to be the good guy saying he thought it was funny, and the minions all go out and throw Clint under the bus.

Of course, Romney can't go out and publically say, "MAN, that was a screwup! What in the name of the Angel Moroni was I thinking?"

So your point is really...

"Romney is selling out Eastwood and throwing him under the bus!"

and when it is proven demonstrably that he hasn't done that...your point magically changes to...

"Romney WANTS to sell out Eastwood and throw him under the bus...but he can't...my first post and article was total shite, but I'll just ignore that now. Oh...and you're deranged for pointing out what someone ACTUALLY selling someone out to the media REALLY looks like."

Ok...gotcha. lol. Let's roll with that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Uninformed sources tell me Obama was terrified the Surprise Speaker was going to be former Obama bodyguard Reggie Love who was going to out Obama

JoeB131 changes his mind:
What else is he going to say publically?

This was an unmitigated disaster.

Friday morning, no one was talking about Romney's speech. Everyone was talking about how Clint Eastwood was talking to a chair.

In a week, that's what anyone is going to remember about this convention at all.

Agree or disagree, this isn't what your original post said.

NOt at all. ROmney gets to be the good guy saying he thought it was funny, and the minions all go out and throw Clint under the bus.

Of course, Romney can't go out and publically say, "MAN, that was a screwup! What in the name of the Angel Moroni was I thinking?"

Thanks for confirming that the OP is a lying sack of ... Obama.

So your point is really...

"Romney is selling out Eastwood and throwing him under the bus!"

and when it is proven demonstrably that he hasn't done that...your point magically changes to...

"Romney WANTS to sell out Eastwood and throw him under the bus...but he can't...my first post and article was total shite, but I'll just ignore that now. Oh...and you're deranged for pointing out what someone ACTUALLY selling someone out to the media REALLY looks like."

Ok...gotcha. lol. Let's roll with that.

No, you are deranged because you want to drag a four year old example of something Obama did to try to rationalize what Romney's people are doing.

The original article stands. Romney's people are running all around the media saying that they gave Clint a script and he ad-libbed it. They had no idea he was going to make a spectacle of himself.

I think the thing was, there is an idealogical divide. The people in the hall thought it was hilarious. The rest of America watched and said, WTF, so they went into CYA mode.

Kind of like when Romney says, "I like to be able to fire people" in front of a crowd or rich douchebags, and then his aides have to walk that back when they realize how horrible that sounds to normal people.

Not quite sure how its throwing someone under the bus to say, "We were expecting something more traditional. He doesn't like teleprompters, but we thought 'hey, its Clint Eastwood, we'll be fine." As far as I know they aren't saying they were offended by what he said, or disagree...just that it was a little strange and unexpected....which is what most people are saying.

Throwing someone under the bus is when you come out and say that the person is your guy, like family, like your white grandmother, for example, and that you've got their back no matter what. And then a few weeks later coming out and saying that you are disowning that person because you had NO IDEA that the ideas they espoused all the time were really the ideas they believed...because it was politically advantageous to do so...

I wish we could end the thread on this common sense rebuttal. But T-Bitch insists on making an ass of himself (as usual).

Coming from a racist birther...thats funny.

“When somebody doesn’t do the job, you gotta let ‘em go,” -- Clint!!!

Libs sure are obsessed with Clint Eastwood. Guess he did a good job.

JoeB131 changes his mind:

Agree or disagree, this isn't what your original post said.

I just got up a while ago, geez... I need to take me a healthy obama.

All this worry from the left about Eastwood

funny funny:lol:

I finally saw his little skit with the chair and he really did embarrass himself. Almost as much as his wife did with that reality show.

They're both senile but more respected than Ryan/Romney. The truth is there were no barnburners and R/R were tepid at best..

Bring on the Democratic orators, we've got a million of 'em.

The rapist in chief? Yea that's something to be proud of as the headline speaker.

I just got up a while ago, geez... I need to take me a healthy obama.

Don't forget to wipe your Biden.

Friday morning, no one was talking about Romney's speech. Everyone was talking about how Clint Eastwood was talking to a chair.

In a week, that's what anyone is going to remember about this convention at all.

In a week, the empty chair will have more Twitter followers than Romney.

And the same will happen with the Democrat convention..
who cares

Last edited:

Nah he can just make a bunch more followers like Obama has.

Nah he can just make a bunch more followers like Obama has.

Ah projection...Good old GOP standby...

Mitt Romney's Fake Twitter Follower Problem

Clint Eastwood, GOP convention: The Romney campaign sells out its surprise speaker. - Slate Magazine

The campaign had expected "a more standard endorsement," the New York Times reported, citing two anonymous aides. “Aides said Mr. Eastwood does not like teleprompters and was trusted to deliver an on-message endorsement,” the story continued. This was not the campaign’s fault, no sir.

“Not me,” said an exasperated-looking senior adviser, when asked who was responsible for Mr. Eastwood’s speech.

Responding to media pressure by shooting your ally in the back is a time-honored political strategy, as President Obama and Shirley Sherrod can testify. But Romney and his staff have a quick trigger finger.

Hey nut sack - Adviser: Romney thought Clint Eastwood was 'funny'

Forum List

Back