Romney throws Eastwood Under the bus

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Clint Eastwood, GOP convention: The Romney campaign sells out its surprise speaker. - Slate Magazine

The campaign had expected "a more standard endorsement," the New York Times reported, citing two anonymous aides. “Aides said Mr. Eastwood does not like teleprompters and was trusted to deliver an on-message endorsement,” the story continued. This was not the campaign’s fault, no sir.

“Not me,” said an exasperated-looking senior adviser, when asked who was responsible for Mr. Eastwood’s speech.

Responding to media pressure by shooting your ally in the back is a time-honored political strategy, as President Obama and Shirley Sherrod can testify. But Romney and his staff have a quick trigger finger.

Not quite sure how its throwing someone under the bus to say, "We were expecting something more traditional. He doesn't like teleprompters, but we thought 'hey, its Clint Eastwood, we'll be fine." As far as I know they aren't saying they were offended by what he said, or disagree...just that it was a little strange and unexpected....which is what most people are saying.

Throwing someone under the bus is when you come out and say that the person is your guy, like family, like your white grandmother, for example, and that you've got their back no matter what. And then a few weeks later coming out and saying that you are disowning that person because you had NO IDEA that the ideas they espoused all the time were really the ideas they believed...because it was politically advantageous to do so...

Undocumented sources in a Lib rag.

LOL

Did you see this one?!

obamagayglobe.jpg

What else is he going to say publically?

This was an unmitigated disaster.

Friday morning, no one was talking about Romney's speech. Everyone was talking about how Clint Eastwood was talking to a chair.

In a week, that's what anyone is going to remember about this convention at all.

Not quite sure how its throwing someone under the bus to say, "We were expecting something more traditional. He doesn't like teleprompters, but we thought 'hey, its Clint Eastwood, we'll be fine." As far as I know they aren't saying they were offended by what he said, or disagree...just that it was a little strange and unexpected....which is what most people are saying.

Throwing someone under the bus is when you come out and say that the person is your guy, like family, like your white grandmother, for example, and that you've got their back no matter what. And then a few weeks later coming out and saying that you are disowning that person because you had NO IDEA that the ideas they espoused all the time were really the ideas they believed...because it was politically advantageous to do so...

I wish we could end the thread on this common sense rebuttal. But T-Bitch insists on making an ass of himself (as usual).

Clint, is ok with gays, made a commercial supporting the bail out of the auto industry and lives in CA.

And Mitts advisers thought it a good idea to send Clint out there on Mitts most important night and they don't even know what Clint would say.

Stupid. And you all want these stupid people in the WH?

But I did like it when Mitt was told to fuk off by Obama. Glad Clint was channeling properly at that time.

Friday morning, no one was talking about Romney's speech. Everyone was talking about how Clint Eastwood was talking to a chair.

In a week, that's what anyone is going to remember about this convention at all.

ok, because you say so

Clint, is ok with gays, made a commercial supporting the bail out of the auto industry and lives in CA.

And Mitts advisers thought it a good idea to send Clint out there on Mitts most important night and they don't even know what Clint would say.

Stupid. And you all want these stupid people in the WH?

But I did like it when Mitt was told to fuk off by Obama. Glad Clint was channeling properly at that time.

A good leader knows how to trust a man like Clint Eastwood! A good leader knows how to let a great man speak from the heart!

JoeB131 changes his mind:

Agree or disagree, this isn't what your original post said.

I wish we could end the thread on this common sense rebuttal. But T-Bitch insists on making an ass of himself (as usual).

"But...but...but.. Obama" isn't a rebuttal.

It's a symptom of Obama Derangement Syndrome.

All this worry from the left about Eastwood

funny funny:lol:

I finally saw his little skit with the chair and he really did embarrass himself. Almost as much as his wife did with that reality show.

They're both senile but more respected than Ryan/Romney. The truth is there were no barnburners and R/R were tepid at best..

Bring on the Democratic orators, we've got a million of 'em.

NOt at all. ROmney gets to be the good guy saying he thought it was funny, and the minions all go out and throw Clint under the bus.

Of course, Romney can't go out and publically say, "MAN, that was a screwup! What in the name of the Angel Moroni was I thinking?"

All this worry from the left about Eastwood

funny funny:lol:

I finally saw his little skit with the chair and he really did embarrass himself. Almost as much as his wife did with that reality show.

They're both senile but more respected than Ryan/Romney. The truth is there were no barnburners and R/R were tepid at best..

Bring on the Democratic orators, we've got a million of 'em.

since when have you all been worried about people embarrassing themselves? It doesn't bother you when Biden does it your elected Vice President..
oh well, wait with baited breath for the DNC circus, I'm sure there will be no "embarrassing" there:lol:

NOt at all. ROmney gets to be the good guy saying he thought it was funny, and the minions all go out and throw Clint under the bus.

Of course, Romney can't go out and publically say, "MAN, that was a screwup! What in the name of the Angel Moroni was I thinking?"

He won't say something like that with any sincerity, he'll say something stupid like these cookies were made by 711, weren't they..

Forum List

Back