Romney Thinks 250K Is "Middle Class"

dear fucking idiot Obama was raised middle to low class

you were saying something about insults:

they always have insults for anyone who doesnt march in locked step with their attacks on our freedoms

obama went to a privileged private school, then attended elite universities....so no...he, like romney, does not have a lot on common with the AVERAGE american.

Romney is right. It may be the upper range of what is considered "middle class" but it still is. Especially if you live in Los Angeles, San Franciso, New York, Boston, Chicago, Miami, etc......It may be considered a "rich" income in Omaha.....

Instead of struggling to STRETCH the truth and show Romney isn't wrong, why not admit it? This is a NON ISSUE. So he sets "middle income" too high, perhaps he will be sympathetic to the poor in America, most of the US IS, by this definition.

Romney needs fewer apologists and more ISSUE oriented supporters. UNEMPLOYMENT anyone?

wasn't 250K ( joint, 200K individual) the benchmark obama used as to the present tax structure staying in effect or not?

If $250k is middle class, 99% of the conservatives on this site are broke ass poor.

if 250K is not considered middle class...then why does obama want to go back to the 250K tax rates pre bush...given he promised he would not raise taxes on the middle class?

That statement only makes sense if you're saying 250k a year is below middle class.

rich-liberals-democrats-hypocrites-politics-1339192742.jpg

Oklahoma City is 43rd in the population, not 8th (it's 8th in land area, behind prize destinations like Sitka, AK, population 9k). And the reality is that most people don't want to live in "fly over country", as you describe it. If you gave people the choice between Oklahoma City and NYC, 80%+ are going to choose NYC. That doesn't mean Oklahoma City is a bad place, just that it's less in demand. That demand is reflected in housing prices. And you don't seem to agree with your claim that they should get "less bang for their buck", since you're claiming we should be subsiding their lifestyle choices by giving them a tax preference.

I did? I'd like to see that quote. :lol:

That's the implication of your statement that their choice to live in NYC makes them "middle class" and therefore should pay less in taxes.

You need to drop your dosage a tad.

Depending on where you live $250k is middle class, but not upper middle class. When I hear of $250k a year describing middle class, I think of someplace like Kansas.

Well hey, you're an idiot. Making $250,000 a year puts a person in the top 1.5% of income in this country. Middle quintile earners roughtly make between $35,000 and $55,000 a year.

I have four 25 cent pieces in my pocket from 1973. How much will those buy today?

In January of 1973 that $1.00 would have bought you about a 20 gallons of crude oil. Today that $1.00 will get you about 1/2 of a gallon. That's what inflation does bub, eats away your purchasing power.
But the dollar is just the medium of exchange. It's not representative of any specific value except the amount of time you require to earn it.

The average American working the average job can buy far more today - has a far higher standard of living - than someone living in 1973.

To the contrary, a dollar is worth what you can buy with it. In 1973, a dollar would get you three gallons of gas. Today a dollar would get you laughed at at the convenience store where you buy gas. It will get you about one quart of gas. That is called inflation.

Today, one ounce of gold is worth about two weeks wages for the average worker. In the 19th century it was still worth about two weeks wages. It is inflation proof, and that is why people buy it.

Depending on where you live $250k is middle class, but not upper middle class. When I hear of $250k a year describing middle class, I think of someplace like Kansas.

Well hey, you're an idiot. Making $250,000 a year puts a person in the top 1.5% of income in this country. Middle quintile earners roughtly make between $35,000 and $55,000 a year.

I'd like to know where in the US, $250K puts you in the Middle Class.

Forum List

Back