Romney Thanks His Staff Workers By Canceling CC's Before They Can Get A Cab Home!

Synthaholic
Shouldn't the campaign tell it's staff? Give them a heads up? Maybe collect the cards from them and give them $20-30 cash for cabs to get home?

Well yabut, neither the queen of England nor the Romney's carry - eeeuuuuwww - money.

In fairness, this probably wouldn't fall under Willard's list of duties but, gawd, it just goes along with everything else we've learned about this bunch.

I could not be any more grateful that they lost. America deserves better - you know, real people, like the Obama's.

I could not be any more grateful that they lost. America deserves better - you know, real people, like the Obama's

Honestly it is posts like this that make me wonder if the hacks on each side believe what they post or they are just chain jerking. Obama is not better. Looks at this country and his record. Stop making me laugh! :badgrin: He just won because he ran a better campaign and imo there are more cradle to grave Democrats who will vote for anyone with a D after their name. The GOP has lifelong party loyalists but I don't believe to the same degree.

Obama's camp got out the vote. How much of that vote was legit is unknown to me but in the end is handlers worked his game better. Romney also did not get enough Independent votes.

How long will Romney be getting these kind of not truly important threads from his critics? To me Romney is so yesterday's news.

Is this report even true? Also I was never a paid supporter but is this that much of an unusual action with credit cards after an election period is over? I have no idea. Kind of hard to get all over one candidate when it could be status quo for these things.

The man could have let them GONE HOME.

Is this report even true? Also I was never a paid supporter but is this that much of an unusual action with credit cards after an election period is over? I have no idea. Kind of hard to get all over one candidate when it could be status quo for these things.

The man could have let them GONE HOME

Does not compute sir? :confused:

I have no idea if the damn report is even true. I personally can understand stopping the campaign credit cards from being active as people departed to parts unknown.

My company credit card gets deactivated when employees leave the company and yes they also have to pay their own way home or to their new assignment.

This is the real grown up world. I know everyone wants a Mommy and Daddy for life but alas...we get the mean cold world of cab fares and gas prices.

I have no idea if the damn report is even true. I personally can understand stopping the campaign credit cards from being active as people departed to parts unknown.

My company credit card gets deactivated when employees leave the company and yes they also have to pay their own way home or to their new assignment.

This is the real grown up world. I know everyone wants a Mommy and Daddy for life but alas...we get the mean cold world of cab fares and gas prices.

That's fine to me, I'm not the one Kerry 2.0 is losing any face with.

You see the backlash that is coming out of his haste to jack his own people after their dedication to his campaign. That's Romney Style, folks.

You see the backlash that is coming out of his haste to jack his own people after their dedication to his campaign. That's Romney Style, folks.

Honestly he did not get my vote and I got over him being the GOP nominee a long time ago so in truth who he impresses or pisses off means zilch really. He is yesterday's news to me. That said, I still like to call people on reports that are seemingly weak and tabloidish. Kind of hard to verify this one. I need names and none are forthcoming.

Honestly he did not get my vote and I got over him being the GOP nominee a long time ago so in truth who he impresses or pisses off means zilch really. He is yesterday's news to me. That said, I still like to call people on reports that are seemingly weak and tabloidish. Kind of hard to verify this one. I need names and none are forthcoming.

Nobody was interested in proof when Biden was being accused of making an outlandish remark about a dead soldier.

I'm not knocking your desire for sources. That's admirable as all hell. I'm just saying there needs to be more of it and required of everybody instead of just those we don't like.

Nobody was interested in proof when Biden was being accused of making an outlandish remark about a dead soldier.

I'm not knocking your desire for sources. That's admirable as all hell. I'm just saying there needs to be more of it and required of everybody instead of just those we don't like.

I agree. I have often said people would show their true integrity if they were as diligent and critical of their own party and their fellow party members. I am without a party because I have scoped them both and think they are both full of shite for the most part. I lean conservative in a few things but I will never be a GOPer.

I just returned to active politicking on these forums after a long break so I can assure you I did not take part in the Biden discussion. I am almost ashamed to tell you I will have to look it up to know exactly what you are referencing.

Last edited:
Willard Romney, Cutting of The Help for Good

By Charles P. Pierce at 3:29PM

One last time, let's reiterate: In the House of Romney, there are only two kinds of people — Romneys and The Help:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself. Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

Classic.

They're all lucky they're not working in China now.

That is an outrage. Romney should have had to pay for their unemployment checks for at least a year until they could find other work, as well as flip the bill for medical insurance.

One last time, let's reiterate: In the House of Romney, there are only two kinds of people — Romneys and The Help:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself. Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

Classic.

That is an outrage. Romney should have had to pay for their unemployment checks for at least a year until they could find other work, as well as flip the bill for medical insurance.

:lmao:

Classic.

:lmao:

I'm glad that the OP proved that Romney is an arse. That way people won't vote for him anymore. :lol:

My main concern is for the left. With "W" being ancient history and the Tea Party successfully demonized what devil will they be able to conjure to survive?

Then again, they do have the House.

Last edited:
Classic.

I believe Romney showed both humility and class when he asked his supporters to join him in praying for the President.

Thanks for showing the other side, and I hope you will also consider both sides.

I guess you didn't see my post on election night.

I would not want to be judged for only the good or bad decisions I make, but be seen as equal as anyone else by looking at both sides in context, where they balance out. I would hope the good outweighs the bad, and with Romney, I have been told by those who encountered him personally he is a good man and so are his supporters.
I think there are two Mitts, which he compartmentalizes. The "Personal Mitt" who is a good family man, who cares about his friends and his "church", and who would shut down his business to let everyone go out and search for a co-worker's missing daughter.

Then there is "Business Mitt", who would put 20 families - whom he doesn't know (and that's the important part) - out on the street if it meant an extra $10,000 in his pocket.

So, no. I don't consider him a "good man".

As for Obama, I would like to see what happens, given the $15 million from BofA he borrowed for his campaign, while a national historic landmark that needs millions to be raised by Democratic supporters could be lost for lack of funds.
What's the relevance between him borrowing campaign money from a bank, and a national historic landmark needing money?

And why is it the responsibility of Democrats to raise that money?

Obama also turned down $5 million from Trump that could instantly save this national site.
He hasn't turned down $5 million from Trump. What is keeping Trump from just donating the money?

And where is your anger at Trump for not just donating it? He claims to be a multi-billionaire.

Why should there be strings attached to a charitable donation?

Do you tell your church "I'll donate money for the new music building at the church if you let me bring home some of the instruments and speakers whenever I want to"?

So if Obama and the Democrats don't have money themselves to save the only historic district in the nation of Black churches built by Freed Slaves, as a Civil Rights landmark, I hope there is equal humility and class in working with Republicans if that is where the money could come from.

We'll see if campaign spending is more important than saving a national landmark to Civil Rights and Freed Slave history.
Oh, so since this landmark is connected to slavery, the Democrats should raise the money? Republicans are only interested in saving landmarks that are in line with their ideology?

I'm starting to see why dumbass daveman thanked your post.

And if trickle down works or fails, and if the Democrat Party really defends the interests of the constituents who elect them every year without fail.
We'll see. And for the sake of the nation's history and economy, I hope it's not too late.
We've been waiting over 30 years for trickle down to work. It doesn't. It never has. It's a failed economic policy, borne of a failed ideology that was soundly rejected by America on Tuesday.

Yeah - I don't think any candidate, winner or loser, should continue to foot the bill for campaign workers' credit cards once the campaign is over.

I think the problem here is one of timing more than anything else. I get the idea that many of the campaign workers got into cabs thinking they could charge the ride to their campaign credit card and, when they got to their destination, were pulled up short. That's not good. The campaign should have at least warned them when the cards would be shut off.

When is the campaign over?

I would think once the campaign obligations are met. I would think one of the obligations would be to get the people who worked so hard for you home at the end of the night without embarrassing them and making them dig into their pockets when the card is refused.

I just was reading how the staffers showed up Wednesday to clean out the campaign offices of Romney Central Planning.

From the link in the OP:

The office at 585 Commercial St. was largely packed up by the close of business Wednesday (one aide said it looked like it had been sacked by Visigoths), but some staffers will return today to remove their things.

The Mitt Romney for President financial entity survives for as long as two more years, as bills are paid and FEC documents are filed.

So, obviously the campaign still had life after the election was called.

Last edited:
Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night - Forbes

<excerpt>
From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down.

This is why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

Thanks. Looks like NBC was the first to report this. I have no idea what the protocol is with these campaign issued credit cards or their max amounts but having loose cards active after an election loss might be a bad idea? No?
Shouldn't the campaign tell it's staff? Give them a heads up? Maybe collect the cards from them and give them $20-30 cash for cabs to get home?
Dunno about you, but if I were one of the staffers, it would be an assumption I would make. No more job, no more job credit card.

Simple.

Thanks. Looks like NBC was the first to report this. I have no idea what the protocol is with these campaign issued credit cards or their max amounts but having loose cards active after an election loss might be a bad idea? No?
Dunno about you, but if I were one of the staffers, it would be an assumption I would make. No more job, no more job credit card.

Simple.
Not reading my posts any more, Si?

Simple.
Not reading my posts any more, Si?
Yeah.

As I said, I would not make the assumption that the credit card was still active once the election is over unlike some of the staffers.

Maybe now we know why he lost, huh?

Forum List

Back