Romney Thanks His Staff Workers By Canceling CC's Before They Can Get A Cab Home!

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Willard Romney, Cutting of The Help for Good

By Charles P. Pierce at 3:29PM

One last time, let's reiterate: In the House of Romney, there are only two kinds of people — Romneys and The Help:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself. Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

Classic.

They're all lucky they're not working in China now.

Last edited:
what you know about class?

just what you read what it is suppose to be from the esquire..lol

Is this report even true? Also I was never a paid supporter but is this that much of an unusual action with credit cards after an election period is over? I have no idea. Kind of hard to get all over one candidate when it could be status quo for these things.

Is this report even true? Also I was never a paid supporter but is this that much of an unusual action with credit cards after an election period is over? I have no idea. Kind of hard to get all over one candidate when it could be status quo for these things.

It's from the esquire, you decide

Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night - Forbes

<excerpt>
From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down.

This is why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

Just seemed kind of tabloidesque as written. I hate commenting on things that might not be true or might be SOP.

No. It's not, dope.

Learn to click links. There's a prominent one in the first line of the story.

Damn, you're thick.

No. It's not, dope.

Damn, you're thick.

I wouldn't click on any link you provide...computer could get cooties
pluse this thread and story is stupid
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night - Forbes

<excerpt>
From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

No doubt a whole host of Boston taxi drivers found themselves stiffed when it came to tips early Wednesday morning. That’s what happens when the money trickles up, not down.

This is why healthy economies don’t depend on the trickle down whims of overlords. The minute Richie Rich decides he doesn’t need all that stuff staff … well, that’s that.

Thanks. Looks like NBC was the first to report this. I have no idea what the protocol is with these campaign issued credit cards or their max amounts but having loose cards active after an election loss might be a bad idea? No?

<excerpt>

Thanks. Looks like NBC was the first to report this. I have no idea what the protocol is with these campaign issued credit cards or their max amounts but having loose cards active after an election loss might be a bad idea? No?
Shouldn't the campaign tell it's staff? Give them a heads up? Maybe collect the cards from them and give them $20-30 cash for cabs to get home?

Huh, apparently Mitt was more fiscally conservative than I thought.

If this is true, he certainly should have waited until Wed to cancel the cards.

Classic.

They're all lucky they're not working in China now.

I believe Romney showed both humility and class when he asked his supporters to join him in praying for the President.

Thanks for showing the other side, and I hope you will also consider both sides.

I would not want to be judged for only the good or bad decisions I make, but be seen as equal as anyone else by looking at both sides in context, where they balance out. I would hope the good outweighs the bad, and with Romney, I have been told by those who encountered him personally he is a good man and so are his supporters.

As for Obama, I would like to see what happens, given the $15 million from BofA he borrowed for his campaign, while a national historic landmark that needs millions to be raised by Democratic supporters could be lost for lack of funds. Obama also turned down $5 million from Trump that could instantly save this national site. So if Obama and the Democrats don't have money themselves to save the only historic district in the nation of Black churches built by Freed Slaves, as a Civil Rights landmark, I hope there is equal humility and class in working with Republicans if that is where the money could come from.

We'll see if campaign spending is more important than saving a national landmark to Civil Rights and Freed Slave history. And if trickle down works or fails, and if the Democrat Party really defends the interests of the constituents who elect them every year without fail.
We'll see. And for the sake of the nation's history and economy, I hope it's not too late.

<excerpt>

Shouldn't the campaign tell it's staff? Give them a heads up? Maybe collect the cards from them and give them $20-30 cash for cabs to get home?
One would think so.

<excerpt>

I suppose so. As I stated before I have no idea if this is SOP for all campaigns or just Mitt's.

Yeah - I don't think any candidate, winner or loser, should continue to foot the bill for campaign workers' credit cards once the campaign is over.

I think the problem here is one of timing more than anything else. I get the idea that many of the campaign workers got into cabs thinking they could charge the ride to their campaign credit card and, when they got to their destination, were pulled up short. That's not good. The campaign should have at least warned them when the cards would be shut off.

Huh, apparently Mitt was more fiscally conservative than I thought.

If this is true, he certainly should have waited until Wed to cancel the cards.

Who knows if the campaign staff were under an agreement for those credit cards which these particular aids hadn't realized they missed the memo... :dunno:

"Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked."

I'm sure Mitt can afford to pick up the tab once he catches wind of any problem. :lol:

Anyway, I don't consider Mitt Romney classless...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQruYgVP2SY]Mitt Romney Concession Speech: 2012 Presidential Election GOP Candidate Delivers Remarks from Boston - YouTube[/ame]

No. It's not, dope.

Damn, you're thick.

I wouldn't click on any link you provide...computer could get cooties
pluse this thread and story is stupid
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But IGNORANCE certainly doesn't stop you from commenting, from PRETENDING you know what you're talking about.

But, as usual, you do not.

IMO, the least he could have done is to tell them when the cards would no longer be valid. But of course, why would he care if his staff was stranded with an annoyed cabbie wanting to be paid.

But look on the bright side - Now he can rehire his illegal Guatemalan gardening staff at slave wages.

Synthaholic

Well yabut, neither the queen of England nor the Romney's carry - eeeuuuuwww - money.

In fairness, this probably wouldn't fall under Willard's list of duties but, gawd, it just goes along with everything else we've learned about this bunch.

I could not be any more grateful that they lost. America deserves better - you know, real people, like the Obama's.

Forum List

Back