Romney takes lead over former President Obama in RCP average

Uhh Jill.. Ohio went from Leans Obama to Toss Up

And some of the states don't have recent polls...

But anywho.. they are small sample polls.. they are about as reliable as a gauze condom

you're right... read too fast. :D

but my numbers were correct.

i disagree on the polling.. i think they give a snapshot. i think that when they're good and when they're bad.

i just think the race tightened...and we'll see what happens.

but the wackadoodle o/p calling the president the 'former' president is wishful thinking...and probably one of the more brain dead things i've read.

Are you overcalculating?

Calm down, sniperfire. Are guys are much better off than two weeks ago but let's down let up now.

You mean Obama is up 1.7 but slipping. This is down more than 2 points in the last 2 weeks.

If the election were held today, odds are Obama would win, carrying NV and NH and Mich and OH.

The next three weeks will tell.

Poor Jillian, Ohio is down to 1.7....try and keep up.

Are you calculating the enthusiasm gap, which drives turnout and which is the reverse of what it was in 2008?

Are you overcalculating?

Calm down, sniperfire. Are guys are much better off than two weeks ago but let's down let up now.

You mean Obama is up 1.7 but slipping. This is down more than 2 points in the last 2 weeks.

If the election were held today, odds are Obama would win, carrying NV and NH and Mich and OH.

The next three weeks will tell.

Are you calculating the enthusiasm gap, which drives turnout and which is the reverse of what it was in 2008?

You don't answer a question with a question. You should have said 'No, wise Sniperfire, you have once again bested me because I have a poor understanding of the subject.'

LOL

It was a good job by Romney to stop the bleeding. The question now is whether Obama can successfully use everything Romney said against him. The truth is Romney lied on almost everything he said during the debate. So far it's worked out well for him, because Obama didn't really call him out on any of it. The question is will voters continue to believe we can cut taxes by nearly 30% and increase revenue?

The debate was a week ago. The end result of Obama 'using what Romney said against him', is that Romney is now ahead in the polls.

You don't understand the subject. You were properly corrected, and as you continue to screw up, you will continue to be corrected.

The enthusiam gap can change over the next two to three weeks for the dems or it can continue for the pubs.

These next two debates are important, very important.

Are you overcalculating?

You don't answer a question with a question. You should have said 'No, wise Sniperfire, you have once again bested me because I have a poor understanding of the subject.'

LOL

That was not the case, and if you think the voting public will buy that, you might also well elect Obama now. Our pubs have to be ready for the counterattack.

It was a good job by Romney to stop the bleeding. The question now is whether Obama can successfully use everything Romney said against him. The truth is Romney lied on almost everything he said during the debate. So far it's worked out well for him, because Obama didn't really call him out on any of it. The question is will voters continue to believe we can cut taxes by nearly 30% and increase revenue?

The debate was a week ago. The end result of Obama 'using what Romney said against him', is that Romney is now ahead in the polls.

The answer is clear.

All those people who answered the poll by saying they were voting for Romney instead of obama are lying.

Just ask a democrat.

The answer is clear.

All those people who answered the poll by saying they were voting for Romney instead of obama are lying.

Just ask a democrat.

Oversampling of Republican voters

You know how bogus those polls are..........You told me

That's all Obama has to run on, but in fact, it is Obama who has been lying about Romney, and now that voters have seen the real Mitt Romney standing next to Obama, Obama will not be able to get away with his lies about Romney.

For clarification, Romney's plan does not call for tax cuts or nearly 30% but for a reduction in tax rates by 20% to be offset by ending some deductions on the wealthy and with the caveat that he will not allow any tax cuts that will increase the deficit. This means that Romney will make sure any part of the proposed 20% reduction in tax rates will be revenue neutral and if this extra money in voters' pockets stimulates the economy, certainly it will increase revenues.

However, the polls are not about the details of Romney's proposals or Obama's lies about them, they are about the fact that standing shoulder to shoulder, Romney looked and sounded like a leader and Obama did not, Romney looked and sounded presidential and Obama did not.

A tax decrease would only have a chance to be revenue neutral over time and that is only if big business starts hiring right away (more people paying taxes)... not likely to happen.. they will probably tentatively test the market first.. and it will absolutely decrease initial revenues.. as will an automatic two trillion military spending spree..

Getting rid of loopholes like charitable deduction exemptions wont be enough to cover losses right away.. common sense for anyone that owns a calculator

You don't understand the subject. You were properly corrected, and as you continue to screw up, you will continue to be corrected.

The enthusiam gap can change over the next two to three weeks for the dems or it can continue for the pubs.

Are you overcalculating?

LOL

But you were making a statement about an election 'if held today', weren't you?

This is too easy sometimes.

LOL

Yes, and your enthusiam spurt would have fallen just short because MI, OH, NV, and NH would have gone Obama.

LOL

LOL

Yes, and your enthusiam spurt would have fallen just short because MI, OH, NV, and NH would have gone Obama.

LOL

LOL

So you aren't calculating the massive advantage in the enthusiasm gap which the Republicans enjoy.

Not enough to make the span today, no. Because you are counting as Republicans the undecided centrists and independents of the pre-debate era. They are pro-Romney not necessarily pro-Republican.

Let Ryan destroy Biden this week and push hard through the weekend, then the advantage is to our GOP, which we can keep by pushing back.

Right now we need to push forward evermore and ever harder.

LOL

LOL

So you aren't calculating the massive advantage in the enthusiasm gap which the Republicans enjoy.

Forum List

Back