Romney Steals Thatcher's "Labour Isn't Working" Campaign Strategy

Daily Kos: Romney Steals Thatcher's "Labour Isn't Working" Campaign Strategy
:badgrin:
In Ohio this week, Mitt Romney stood before a banner reading "Obama Isn't Working" and blamed the President for the shuttered plant he used as a backdrop. As it turns out, there are only two problems with this picture. Sadly for Romney, the drywall firm in question closed in June 2008 when George W. Bush was still comfortably ensconced in the White House. And as it turns out, Mitt's entire "Obama Isn't Working" theme has been lifted lock, stock and barrel from Margaret Thatcher's 1979 campaign in the UK.
<more>

The reason Romney choose that particular drywall plant? Because Obama appeared there and promised jobs creation. Obama not Working, seems to fit.

ELYRIA, OHIO -- The last time Barack Obama came to this struggling blue-collar city was during the 2008 presidential primary campaign, when he told workers at the National Gypsum drywall factory that if elected he would pursue a "job-creation agenda."

Assessing Obama's promises of jobs in a hub of manufacturing

The real point in the OP post is robmoney blamed obama ofr a closed plant that was closed while Bush was still president.

The businesses that have been shuttered were shuttered due to republican economic ideas.

You cant crash the economy and then blame it on us.

Its not going to work.

Dumb ass... here is the quote...
“Had the president’s economic plans worked ... it would be open by now, but it’s still empty,” Romney said
He did not blame Obama for the closure, he blamed Obama for the fact his policies kept it from reopening.

You are pathetic.

The lines he "stole" from Huntsman have been stock political phrases for years and Presidents often take ideas from the other side to pepper their SOTU speeches with (although saying you're going to get tough on Chinese currency is a bipartisan throwaway applause line).

So, it's okay for a Democratic President to steal slogans, but not a Republican Presidential candidate?

I don't have any problem with Romney using an old British campaign slogan. They're only a finite number of the words in the language to express any idea, and even less of them are catchy.

the right thinks ideas can be stolen.
ideas are ideas.
they are not physical property
Truthmatters, you do trite and hackneyed in each and every post you make. Trite and hackneyed are ideas that have been stolen over and over through the years! I've seen people talking just like you ever since the internet opened for business. It put me to sleep then and it puts me to sleep now.

:lmao:

The lines he "stole" from Huntsman have been stock political phrases for years and Presidents often take ideas from the other side to pepper their SOTU speeches with (although saying you're going to get tough on Chinese currency is a bipartisan throwaway applause line).

So, it's okay for a Democratic President to steal slogans, but not a Republican Presidential candidate?

I don't have any problem with Romney using an old British campaign slogan. They're only a finite number of the words in the language to express any idea, and even less of them are catchy.
Romney didn't just steal a slogan, he stole the whole ad .. graphic and all.

Forum List

Back