Romney speech falls flat in Detroit

Romney speech falls flat in Detroit - The Hill's Ballot Box

No wonder he's refusing to talk off-the-cuff to journalists. It would be best if he just went home and called it in.

President Obama has nothing to worry about and neither do we because not even the rabcons would be dumb enough to vote for Mitt.

Not surprising. I haven't seen a legitimate report of a regular working stiff happy after Bain got it's "Mitts" on their company.

Most of those morons will vote for whomever Fox tells them to.

Big embarrassment for Romney...

Ambb-qJCMAAx8hL.jpg-large.jpeg

Last edited:

No wonder he's refusing to talk off-the-cuff to journalists. It would be best if he just went home and called it in.

President Obama has nothing to worry about and neither do we because not even the rabcons would be dumb enough to vote for Mitt.

Not surprising. I haven't seen a legitimate report of a regular working stiff happy after Bain got it's "Mitts" on their company.

Talk to some Staples folks (if they even know Bain took a risk that created their jobs).

"Bail out Wall Street. Let Detroit go bankrupt."

He's such a douche.

Obama let GM go bankrupt too.
he guided GM through a managed bankruptcy, he didnt just let them go bankrupt on their own. he also provided them with cash when no private equity or bank money was available.

He's such a douche.

he guided GM through a managed bankruptcy, he didnt just let them go bankrupt on their own. he also provided them with cash when no private equity or bank money was available.
And, he gave preferential treatment.

Nothing equal under the law about that, but Obama isn't all that versed in founding principles of the USA.

He's such a douche.

He and Bush said that GM needed money to thwart bankruptcy which would be disastrous. Then the money came and GM went bankrupt anyway. That's when things got really wacky, Obama nationalized the company.

Sugarcoat it all you want, but that's what happened. It's exactly opposite of what was promised and we still don't know if it's a good thing.

what was the alternative? let them fail and lose another 1-1.4 million jobs? there was no precedence in US to give Obama guidance on this matter. although the Auto bailout actually stated with Bush. Are you giving equal blame to the GOP for this as well?

explain to the USM what the alternative would have been. and then support your argument if links from economists and analysts not named fox new, the cato institute, or the heritage foundation.

Economist Devastates Romney On The Auto Bailout
General Motors: Government Motors no more | The Economist

Television cameras showed rows of empty chairs as Romney rehashed many of the policies and quips he'd used in previous speeches, made a few jokes that appeared to fall flat with the audience and said that his wife, Ann, drives "a couple of Cadillacs," which will likely give Democrats more ammunition for their depiction of him as rich and out of touch.

His speech was held at Detroit’s massive Ford Field, which holds tens of thousands of people, but only 1,000 or so attended. The campaign and the Detroit Economic Club, which hosted the event, sought to make the stadium look more full by putting the audience in one end zone of the football field and putting the cameras directly behind them.

Who on earth is running Romney’s campaign?

Talk to some Staples folks (if they even know Bain took a risk that created their jobs).

They also interviewed some of the people in Gingrich's hit piece on Romney who said Gingrich lied and they were happy with how they were treated.

But he isn't particularly good on the stump.

Minimum wage, no benefits McJobs at Staples don't make up for the good paying union jobs lost at places like AmPad and DDi.

Television cameras showed rows of empty chairs as Romney rehashed many of the policies and quips he'd used in previous speeches, made a few jokes that appeared to fall flat with the audience and said that his wife, Ann, drives "a couple of Cadillacs," which will likely give Democrats more ammunition for their depiction of him as rich and out of touch.

His speech was held at Detroit’s massive Ford Field, which holds tens of thousands of people, but only 1,000 or so attended. The campaign and the Detroit Economic Club, which hosted the event, sought to make the stadium look more full by putting the audience in one end zone of the football field and putting the cameras directly behind them.

Who on earth is running Romney’s campaign?

It isn't Romney's campaign that's the problem.

It's Romney.

This was kind of a bone-headed move, to be fair. Not sure why they did this event at all, especially since he didn't really announce anything knew. It's the same old, tired, failed GOP boilerplate that if we give more tax cuts to rich douchebags, they'll buy enough polo ponies to get us out of the recession. Or something.

"I like to fire people"

"I am not concerned about the poor"

"My tax rate is 13%"

"Let them eat cake"

Okay, I made that last one up. That was Marie Antoinette.

Romney is the epitome of the out of touch rich guy.

"I like to fire people"

"My tax rate is 13%"

"Let them eat cake"

What I love about Michigan...the trees are the right height, and I like lakes...the Great Lakes and all the little lakes...and I like cars. Thanks. Goodnight.

"I like to fire people"

"My tax rate is 13%"

"Let them eat cake"

What I love about Michigan...the trees are the right height, and I like lakes...the Great Lakes and all the little lakes...and I like cars. Thanks. Goodnight.

That was a classic, wasn't it?

Forum List

Back