Romney says he is also "unemployed."

Mitt Romney Says He Is Also An Unemployed Person In America

I am sure that the long term unempoyed in America can appreciate a multi-millionaire telling them that he is also unemployed. What a blunder! :lol:

Keep drinking that Hope n Change Juice

"I should tell my story," Mr. Romney said. "I'm also unemployed."
He chuckled. The eight people gathered around him, who had just finished talking about strategies of finding employment in a slow-to-recover economy, joined him in laughter.
"Are you on LinkedIn?" one of the men asked.
"I'm networking," Mr. Romney replied. "I have my sight on a particular job."

It just breaks my heart. How in the world does he make his mortgage payments?

It was obviously a joke, but how well it went over is another story. Maybe you had to be there.

Or read the the attached article once in a while

"I should tell my story," Mr. Romney said. "I'm also unemployed."
He chuckled. The eight people gathered around him, who had just finished talking about strategies of finding employment in a slow-to-recover economy, joined him in laughter."

It was obviously a joke, but how well it went over is another story. Maybe you had to be there.

If i were in the crowd, and been unemployed for a year, I would have walked away. It was in bad taste, no matter what he meant.

If i were in the crowd, and been unemployed for a year, I would have walked away. It was in bad taste, no matter what he meant.

But its OK when your Messiah says an ATM kicked his economy's ass, or when Biden says no way those jobs are coming back.

But its OK when your Messiah says an ATM kicked his economy's ass, or when Biden says no way those jobs are coming back.

Romney bankrupted 5 companies and sent tens of thousands of jobs to China. What was left was broken up and sold. That was to make sure those jobs would never come back. And how much did Romney make? About a half billion. And he laughed and laughed all the way to the bank. Republican approve. A new "hero" is born.

I saw the video, it was a joke, not done in poor taste but fitting in with the subject that was being discussed. Move along there's nothing here.

I think Romney just wrote Obama's first campaign add.

"Hello, My name is Mitt Romney and I am unemployed."

I saw the video, it was a joke, not done in poor taste but fitting in with the subject that was being discussed. Move along there's nothing here.

AGAIN WITH MEANING! If I were in the crowd and unemployed for a year, I would not have seen the joke.

When Romney was asked why none of his 5 sons were serving in Iraq, didn't he say it was because they were doing something MORE important, helping him get elected as president? Didn't that happen during the last election. Was he right in saying that?

When Romney was asked why none of his 5 sons were serving in Iraq, didn't he say it was because they were doing something MORE important, helping him get elected as president? Didn't that happen during the last election. Was he right in saying that?

I don't know if he said that or not. If it's true then yes he was right in saying it. We have a volunteer military. No one is forced to join. And I don't hold not joining against anyone. Now had there been a draft, that would be a different story. But then again, none of this has to do with this thread. It was still an appropriate joke for the situation.

If you want to see, yet again something in bad taste, check this 44 second video out. :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVonk_OqEUU&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Obama Jokes at Jobs Council 'Shovel-Ready Was Not as Shovel-Ready as We Expected' - President Obama‬‏[/ame]

Romney bankrupted 5 companies and sent tens of thousands of jobs to China. What was left was broken up and sold. That was to make sure those jobs would never come back. And how much did Romney make? About a half billion. And he laughed and laughed all the way to the bank. Republican approve. A new "hero" is born.

so he increased his wealth by 90%......

I don't know if he said that or not. If it's true then yes he was right in saying it. We have a volunteer military. No one is forced to join. And I don't hold not joining against anyone. Now had there been a draft, that would be a different story. But then again, none of this has to do with this thread. It was still an appropriate joke for the situation.

Maby he's been studying at the Joe Biden school for comedians?

Questions About Romney's Sons and Military Service - NYTimes.com

A woman at an Ask Mitt Anything forum earlier today in Iowa raised the question again, asking whether any of Mr. Romney’s five sons are serving in the military, adding pointedly, “If none of them are, how do they plan to support this war on terrorism by enlisting in our U.S. military?”

Although his campaign said his remarks were taken out of context, Mr. Romney’s response is drawing criticism, because he said, in part, “one of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping to get me elected.”

Republican Proverb: It's all about the money. How you get it isn't important as long as you get it.

Republican Proverb: It's all about the money. How you get it isn't important as long as you get it.

have you told the rich Democrats that Proverb?....im sure they dont follow that....right.......

Forum List

Back